JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone have any feedback on Nosler rifles? I am looking to buy one or possibly a Sako finnlight. I know Sako's but would like to buy something from a local company like Nosler...anyone have any first hand experience?

While I don't own one, I have fondled one at the Nosler Pro Shop in Bend. These are top notch weapons with features not found on every day rifles (of course you pay for that). They use Pac-Nor barrels, Bell & Carlson stocks, Rifle Basix triggers, coated innards, and they have a accuracy guarantee of sub M.O.A. 3 shot group at 100 yards using their ammo. Currently they are giving a $300 discount on their Trophy Grade Rifle to NRA members. Hope that helps. Gary

Thank you. I have been all over their website, but I have never even put my hands on one. I am trying to replace a Kimber 8400 classic in 270 wsm. When I bought that one I failed to gather input from actual owners and was blinded by all of the "great" info on their website. I love the way the Kimber feels, looks, and functions, but I can't get it to shoot. I don't expect to be a sniper, but when I drop a grand on a rifle I would think that it should shoot close to an inch with good ammo or handloads. I have tried everything factory and about 40 different handload combos. The gun consistently shoots 2 to 3 inches. The guys at Kimber told me that it was my scope or the way that I mounted it. I have been mounting my own scopes now for over ten years with no problems...ever, and this one was a LP VX III that I previously had on a .338 win mag...no problems. Kimber told me that I could send it in at my expense and if they could make it shoot 1.5" it was fine. It has dissapointed me to say the least, and I am trying to avoid making the same mistake again.
Thanks again for you feedback.

-Chris

Chris, I've heard similar stories about Kimber rifles, but I've also know guys that swear that they are easily sub 1" rifles. I doubt it's a scope mounting problem. I'm not crazy about wsm's but that shouldn't be your problem either. It sounds more like pressure on the barrel from the stock (can you slide a dollar bill under the barrel or does it hang up). The point is that you shouldn't have to put extra work into a rifle that costs that much in the first place. You might also take a hard look at Cooper's as well as the Nosler, I have to say that I am really impressed with my Cooper's quality and accuracy. Gary

I am looking at Cooper too. The only dealer locally that I have found is in Albany and he never answers his phone. Where did you pick yours up?

I did read an article about a guy having the same problem with his Kimber and he found that the magazine well was pinched. I checked mine out and sure enough it was just a hair too long. I ground it down enough to leave a couple of .010ths of room. I shot that rifle this weekend. I went through four different loads that shot 1.5 to 2" and then I hit the jackpot with a 140 gr. partition load that shot about 3/4". I let the rifle cool and shot a round group that shot 3/4". I ended up shooting four groups that shot between 1/2" and 3/4". I was ecstatic! I don't generally have the ability to shoot that well. I may keep the Kimber for a while now, but I am serriosly thinking about a Cooper Excaliber in 7mm-08.

-Chris

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top