JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just got a 7mm Remington Mag and am wanting to set it up as a long range, open country shooter. I'm thinking these bullets will be a good place to start. I've ordered the 175 gr.s anyone use these and what are your thoughts.

The old BC numbers are significantly lower, IIRC ~.520 G1BC.
I haven't tried any of the newer ones, looking at them, they don't look too much different than the older ones. I'm not so sure how they improved them so much to change the BC by almost 0.120.

You can figure out the actual BC by using a pair of chronographs, I believe. Or at least, you can find Pejsa's "retardation coefficient" that way, and then convert that to BC. The standard BC is not a very reliable measure in any case.

I recall somebody wrote an article in Precision Shooting magazine, where he got a couple of chronographs and figured out the BC of every bullet he could get his hands on (or maybe it was just the top BC ones). Of course BC depends to a certain extent on what gun you shoot it from, but he found that the manufacturer's numbers tended to be optimistic in most cases. You could see there has to be a strong incentive to fudge those numbers.

It's also known that moly coating bullets can boost the BC of any bullet.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top