Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Nosler .308 E-Tip

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Hondo, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Hondo

Hondo Keizer Member

Just got a new box of Nosler .308 E-Tips. I finally found some Varget and got a dozen loaded to take to the range. As per direction I've shortened up my headspace as suggested. Has anyone shot these yet? If so what do you think? When I first pulled them out of the box I had to do a double take. They are extremely long. Comments appreciated. Thanks guys!

2. therifleman

therifleman kennewick Member

I bought 500 from nosler and shouldnt have, they copper up the barrel so bad it takes days to clean the fouling out. I shot them in the 308 and 300 ultra mag with the same results. Accuracy is not up to par with the accubond. I have worked with these bullets and have not found a load combination that works.

3. Hondo

Hondo Keizer Member

I shot them yesterday and was not happy with the results. So far it's been the worst group I've had with this rifle. Huge disappointment. I do like the 165 accubond though. That's the sweetest spot I've found yet .375 with a 40.5 gr load of Varget. Through an AR-10 you can't really complain about that. I think I will try to see what kind of load I could work out for this bullet, but so far I'm not impressed. Thanks for the response.

4. therifleman

therifleman kennewick Member

44 gr varget 168 custom competition rem 91/2 rem brass= .5 moa in rra lar 8 and mod 12 savage varminter