JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Cabela's expects to open the Tulalip store in 2012. The 110,000-square-foot store will be located within Quil Ceda Village on the Tulalip Tribes Indian reservation adjacent to Marysville about 30 miles north of Seattle along Interstate 5. i suspect mid summer opening.

$2000 at Cabella's is like $3000 at most any other store. I go "shopping" at Cabella's Just shopping,for ideas.And if I just can't find it at ....say Sportco? for about half the price? Or Wholesale Sports?

Just don't see why y'all waste your money just to have that name on a hat.

$2000 at Cabella's is like $3000 at most any other store. I go "shopping" at Cabella's Just shopping,for ideas.And if I just can't find it at ....say Sportco? for about half the price? Or Wholesale Sports?

Just don't see why y'all waste your money just to have that name on a hat.

We don't have anything worth a crap like down south does. Our outdoors stores have pretty much all closed up shop. Shopping around for me would potentially be a few day ordeal. If we had other stores that offered the same stuff I would absolutely agree but they are all an hour or more drive.

We don't have anything worth a crap like down south does. Our outdoors stores have pretty much all closed up shop. Shopping around for me would potentially be a few day ordeal. If we had other stores that offered the same stuff I would absolutely agree but they are all an hour or more drive.

Yeah no kidding... I had to get a back up turkey call from sports authority... When Sports Authority is your "outdoors" go-to store... oof

I heard there is something up in Bellingham but have yet to get up that way. We used to have Jerry's in Everett and the Joe's were great too. not anymore

While I don't find Cabela's prices great, they don't seem as bad to me as some make it out to be. There's a Wholesale Sports at the same exit at Cabela's in Lacey, on the other side of the freeway. When I've checked ammo there, the selection wasn't nearly as good, and the prices were higher than Cabela's. Big 5 is even worse, they made Cabela's look darn cheap.

Although, I prefer buying ammo in bulk online. Ammo For Sale : Cheap Ammo : Find Ammunition at AmmoSeek.com really helps for that. :)

Yeah,from my name you can see most any real stores are at least an hour away.Wholesale is just an hour and Cabella's at 2+ hours.
The only thing that sucks about living out in a third world is I like to touch and hold the things I buy,instead of buying on line.
The hour drive ads money to everything. Swain's tries to help,but the just don't have the buying power.So I need to have a full list of "needs" to hit Silverdale to try to get some discounts.

Cabela's should change their name to "Sucks". They have lousy prices and they offset that with really crappy customer service and they stock the gun departments with idiots of the highest degree. Whatever they get positive from their website will be gone after you spend an hour at the gun counter trying to get an obese woman off break long enough to run your credit card number and call the NICs check so you can buy the gun you have been standing their looking at for two hours.

Then you will wait til your nose bleeds for some three-hundred pounder to shuffle over and walk your gun to the front door. Because at Cabela's they do not trust you to walk to the door with your purchase.

I still have 187 dollars of last years two hundred dollar gift card,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the prices are that good.

I visited the new Springfield store last week. Walked out of there with a $5 hat. It was the only bargain I found. The great thing about Cabelas is they have a lot of variety and they usually have it in stock. And it is fun to visit their store even if you don't buy anything.

You have to work Cabelas to get deals. I have a Cabelas credit card and that pays off big time. Because I have the card, (or maybe not), I get all sorts of special offers. $30 off a purchase of $150 is not uncommon at all, and I occasionally get $20 off $100 purchases. Both those amount to 20% off and that puts Cabelas prices down below what you normally pay at Bi-Mart, Wholesale Sports, Sportsman Warehouse and most the other big name stores. I never buy anything other than that hat from Cabelas without some sort of discount offer.

...The great thing about Cabelas is they have a lot of variety and they usually have it in stock...

That is why I like them. I don't mind paying retail if it means I can get everything at one stop (saving gas and time is a huge plus). Between selection, and sales, and discount coupons, one can do pretty well.

Well there is a Wholesale Sport's and Skagit Arms / Holiday Sport's, both in Burlington. Well stocked and closer to you than Bellingham, I have found the prices to be fairly reasonable particularly when items go on sale... :s0155:

I visited the new Springfield, Oregon Cabela's today and was pretty amazed at the amount of stock they have in there. They even have a large selection of used and antique guns. But others are right, the prices are nothing to get excited about. I typically stop in at the pawn shops for the best bargains and found the used guns at Cabela's to be just as expensive as new guns. I suppose that they may have had some degree of collector's value. It was reassuring to see the old S&W revolvers holding their value (or increasing?) over the decades.

As a progressive liberal, I view Cabela's with some degree of suspicion - likening them to Home Depot or Walmart. I mean, the place is huge with boat loads of stuff in there. I view it an effort to smash other competing sporting goods stores. Just as Home Depot wants to destroy Lowe's or Walmart has decimated traditional down towns all over the country. But typically, that aggressive corporate behavior is accompanied by dirt cheap pricing. Not so at Cabela's. I don't think that our local, independently owned gun shops have anything to worry about. But do step into a Cabela's just to see all the stuff.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top