JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have been called several times on my cell phone and it is my cell phone number being displayed. I ignore these calls. I have also been called by the IRS multiple times and got called saying law enforcement is on the way to arrest me as well.

A gun store called me and told me they were holding a gun hostage and I'd better come on over and buy its freedom.

not really

Oh, and I've been ringed by "000-000-0000" .. which is pretty odd.

A few years ago my father-in-law got scammed too, by the same "your son is in prison" bit. Often these numbers are disguised to look like local numbers, but the caller could be anywhere.

I have also been called by the IRS multiple times and got called saying law enforcement is on the way to arrest me as well.

I have also been called by the "IRS" and told there is a warrant for my arrest. I used to enjoy talking to these people just to waste their time, but lately it is a robo-dialer. I think the last guy I told him I was very excited to pay, then I wasted as much time as I could talking about the Chinese Space Program, and making him admit that he loved Donald Trump, and all kinds of BS.. It is pretty fun once you can get them off script.

If you know elderly folks who live alone, this might be of interest to you.

I know an 84-year old lady, who lives by herself. Today, she got a phone call from someone who claimed to be one of her granddaughters. The scammer wasn't working alone - there was at least one other person involved, who claimed to be an attorney. These people had done their homework, and knew the granddaughter's name, along with other pertinent family information. They gave a case number, a phone number, and other details that convinced her that she needed to "rescue" the granddaughter. (Bail her out of jail.)

Here's where this scam differs from the "Send it to me through Western Union" scam. These guys were planning to come to the lady's home (they knew her address) to pick up the cash.

Yep. $7,800 cash.

She went to the bank, and attempted to make the withdrawal. Thankfully, a bank employee recognized this was a scam, and convinced her not to follow through with the "rescue" of the "granddaughter".

The most dangerous part of this particular scam is that the crooks were prepared to come to their victim's home. This means there is a local element to this group. They're not just calling Granny from some other country - they're coming to her front door.

The police are now involved, and we're hoping that's the end of this little adventure.

So, friends - these scammers are in the Northwest, and are targeting the elderly. Be careful.
It's been going on for a long time that's why the bank employee was able to help her .
I got a call a few weeks ago they said I needed to contact them and make a payment or I was going to be arrested .
Because there where three serious charges against me.
Lol I just deleted the voice mail.
Mmmmmm that's funny I got three serious charges against me and I just got a new CPL IN the mail yesterday.

Another reason to not have a landline.

She should have had a few good ol' boys waiting to give them what they were due
Actually...a landline is a good thing to have.
We pay $5 a month for ours as part of our cable/internet package to serve as a "decoy" number. Whenever we fill out any forms or applications, we put the decoy landline number on them because that is the number that will get sold to scammers. Friends and family of course get our "real" cell phone numbers.
We never answer the landline when it rings. There is an answering machine on it that lets callers leave a message and gives them my cell phone number.
Legitimate callers will either leave a voice mail, or hear the message and call me on my cell phone.
But the 99.9% of the calls that are robots/spam just bounce off the answering machine and never get through. So it functions as a spam "firewall" of sorts. We probably get 20 calls per day on that line, when we hear it ring we look at each other and laugh, its like hearing a bug zapper kill a fly.
As a result, I only get a couple of spam calls per week on my cell phone, which I dont answer if I dont recognize the number.

Maybe I'm just an arsehole and don't like talking to people but I almost never answer my phone. Even when (especially when) I know it's work calling.
I'm on call 24/7 from work and numbers come in from all kinds of landlines or cell phones a lot are various areas codes.
I still don't answer. I make them leave a message, then I will call them back.

Easy way to deal with spammers, don't answer the fracking phone

My wife picked up a call about 2 weeks ago, from an unknown number - not sure why, because we always ignore those calls - anyway, it was near 10pm and she took the call. The guy said he was from "Windows" and that we had a virus infecting our computer that needed to be fixed right away. He would give us a website address to go to so we could get it fixed. She's pretty smart, but this guy caught her off guard and had her thinking. Problem was, he had our names - which, of course is easy to find pretty much anywhere. Still, it had her concerned, so she went to get me - and I was already asleep in bed, so I wasn't in the best mood to take this call.

So I took over on the call and started testing the little baztard to see what he really knew. He had our names and our phone number, but couldn't provide anything else. I asked him which computer it was - he "wasn't allowed" to tell me. I asked him what version of Windows it was, he "wasn't allowed" to tell me. I told him I would hang up and call them directly and speak to tech support myself, of course, that's not allowed either because that's not how they do it at "Windows". I pushed with a few more questions just to run him through the mill, each time he kept warning me my computer was about to explode in my face if I didn't go to the website right away!!

After messing with Mr. Bombay for a few minutes, I suggested he consider removing his own d!ck and shoving it up his own azz before I hung up on him. Funny, "Windows" never did call back. And though I get emails every week from "Windows", they never bothered to warn me about the supposed virus on my computer.

Good grief, can't they be bothered to learn the name of the company rather than the product? Would give them perhaps one more degree of believability. Still, I don't fall for this crap. Hopefully the wife doesn't answer any more of these calls.

And I'm STILL waiting for the "local law enforcements" to come to my door and arrest me for not paying "taxes fines" from the "federal IRS". o_O It's been months and they promised I'd be arrested within hours!! Boy, they're slow :p

My wife picked up a call about 2 weeks ago, from an unknown number - not sure why, because we always ignore those calls - anyway, it was near 10pm and she took the call. The guy said he was from "Windows" and that we had a virus infecting our computer that needed to be fixed right away. He would give us a website address to go to so we could get it fixed. She's pretty smart, but this guy caught her off guard and had her thinking. Problem was, he had our names - which, of course is easy to find pretty much anywhere. Still, it had her concerned, so she went to get me - and I was already asleep in bed, so I wasn't in the best mood to take this call.

So I took over on the call and started testing the little baztard to see what he really knew. He had our names and our phone number, but couldn't provide anything else. I asked him which computer it was - he "wasn't allowed" to tell me. I asked him what version of Windows it was, he "wasn't allowed" to tell me. I told him I would hang up and call them directly and speak to tech support myself, of course, that's not allowed either because that's not how they do it at "Windows". I pushed with a few more questions just to run him through the mill, each time he kept warning me my computer was about to explode in my face if I didn't go to the website right away!!

After messing with Mr. Bombay for a few minutes, I suggested he consider removing his own d!ck and shoving it up his own azz before I hung up on him. Funny, "Windows" never did call back. And though I get emails every week from "Windows", they never bothered to warn me about the supposed virus on my computer.

Good grief, can't they be bothered to learn the name of the company rather than the product? Would give them perhaps one more degree of believability. Still, I don't fall for this crap. Hopefully the wife doesn't answer any more of these calls.

And I'm STILL waiting for the "local law enforcements" to come to my door and arrest me for not paying "taxes fines" from the "federal IRS". o_O It's been months and they promised I'd be arrested within hours!! Boy, they're slow :p

I used to have some fun with these Windows guys from India, IF I was in the mood at the time. My favorite was telling them "Hey, thanks for calling, really" and proceed to say "Steve, from your office, and I spoke a week ago and he got me all fixed up. My Windows computer is up and running better than it has in months!" It was like I didn't say anything/he didn't hear anything, and he'd start up again. I'd sort of repeat myself and he'd ignore me and go on that my computer was messed up. I begin to get a little more forceful in my language, and get to the point of asking him if he thought I was a liar. They, or me would gang up after the fun was gone. The best one ever was the time "Steve"/"James", whatever, with the heavy accent called. After he started in about my diseased Windows I asked him about his life, and how it was that he had to work for this crappy outfit. We had quite a convo and I got him to admit he was miserable and hated having to do this work, and he felt like crap about it. He quit trying to convince me that my Windows were messed up, we wished each other well and hung up. He must have been new to the Indian Windows scam phone bank job.

I haven't had one of those calls in a long time. Good thing. I've pretty much lost my patience for that shizzle I think.

I have not seen anyone mention the NATIONAL DO NOT CALL REGISTRY. I have used this service since it's inception and it seems to reduce if not eliminate most of the robo-calls, scammers and any unwanted perverts. It's only good for 5 years, but as I said it has nothing but positive benefits. If someone does not get a clue and somehow gets through, I will gladly cuss and yell at them until their ears burn. A great way to release stress and I've never had anyone call back twice.

Most all the personal info is on the internet ,DOB , relatives, net worth ,phone numbers.ECT ECT, you can look at your property on Google earth .It's dangerous .I don't even answer my phone anymore unless I know who it is and if by chance I do the caller needs to be 100% upfront about who they are and what they want or .CLICK
The company's that sell info need to be sued and held liable for the harm they cause .

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top