JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi, all! I just moved myself up to Portland from Las Vegas, Nevada, and I'm trying to figure out the local pistol scene.

I'm by no means an expert, but I'm familiar enough with my Springfield XD 40 that I could communicate my disapproval to a home intruder at indoor combat distances, and I've got about 2,000 rounds through it. I also just got my Oregon CHL, which I'm very happy about.

Glad to find a forum for like-minded folks up here... perhaps I'm spoiled by the overwhelmingly permissive attitude of Las Vegas, but it seems like the general population up has the opinion that handguns are a little unsavory? So, thanks for having me on the site! :)

Hi, all! I just moved myself up to Portland from Las Vegas, Nevada, and I'm trying to figure out the local pistol scene.

I'm by no means an expert, but I'm familiar enough with my Springfield XD 40 that I could communicate my disapproval to a home intruder at indoor combat distances, and I've got about 2,000 rounds through it. I also just got my Oregon CHL, which I'm very happy about.

Glad to find a forum for like-minded folks up here... perhaps I'm spoiled by the overwhelmingly permissive attitude of Las Vegas, but it seems like the general population up has the opinion that handguns are a little unsavory? So, thanks for having me on the site! :)

Go read about Sam Adams and PDX. Couldn't pay me to live in that silly town.

Not even sure where the hinterlands are, yet - is Beaverton or Clackamas far enough out, or do I need to go further afield? I'm *hoping* not to have to make a two-hour pilgrimage out of a shooting trip, but I'll do what I need to do... I've driven farther for worse reasons than that. :rolleyes:

My dream range is an indoor with retractable targets and fairly broad hours, where I don't have to buy the ammo on-site. I like the look of Johnson Creek Gun Club, but they require fully extending targets on their 50' lanes... I like being able to do my 5-7-9 yard indoor-distances drills. 'course, it's gonna be nearly walking distance from my new place, so maybe I just get good at hitting the target at 50 feet and it sucks to be the home intruder that stirs things up at 1/6 of that distance. :)

Not even sure where the hinterlands are, yet - is Beaverton or Clackamas far enough out, or do I need to go further afield? I'm *hoping* not to have to make a two-hour pilgrimage out of a shooting trip, but I'll do what I need to do... I've driven farther for worse reasons than that. :rolleyes:

My dream range is an indoor with retractable targets and fairly broad hours, where I don't have to buy the ammo on-site. I like the look of Johnson Creek Gun Club, but they require fully extending targets on their 50' lanes... I like being able to do my 5-7-9 yard indoor-distances drills. 'course, it's gonna be nearly walking distance from my new place, so maybe I just get good at hitting the target at 50 feet and it sucks to be the home intruder that stirs things up at 1/6 of that distance. :)

I'm in WA State and do most of my pistol shooting out in the forests here but I am sure OR folks will chime in with info. You also may want to ask specific questions in the topic-specific sections, where a lot lore people will see them

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top