JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just saw the news story and I am disappointed. Many comments about the trash and vandalism being caused by shooters and NO comments about the people cleaning it up being shooters themselves. It did nothing to promote your and Cogs effort, only served to make the shooting community out as the bad guy. Certainly sad to see. Come to think of it, KATU is my go to for local news, not any longer. Now to see if I can find an email for the reporter who was up there.

She did a long interview with @billyinfinity and he did such an excellent interview! She said it would be on the 5 and 6 pm news, but didn't say they wouldn't mention who organized, promoted and did the work.

They sure don't hesitate to say when other groups do good things, but apparently when it comes to anything related to a gun organization, DON"T MENTION THEM! :mad:

They did get the tip from the press release that USFS sent out, however, that press release was positive about NWFA and that it was our coop project and effort with the Forest Service.

6 pm story better be good!

Well guess I missed it and sorry to hear what everyone though so far :(

When I first read Joes post first thing I thought of was how bad the news handled the Clark Rifle issue. They just always take one side and run with it:rolleyes: hopefully the 6 o'clock one is better.

Is anyone really surprised? There's an agenda and the good folks on this site doing good doesn't fit the program description so it will be very rare to see it televised in a way which fit the reality.

Is anyone really surprised? There's an agenda and the good folks on this site doing good doesn't fit the program description so it will be very rare to see it televised in a way which fit the reality.

KATU was not my first choice. I really thought that KGW Ch 8 would do it. About +/- 2 years ago, Ch 8 did a story about the problem of target shooting and in that story they featured the same site that we cleaned up today and had our booth at. It would have been a good story for them to do.

It's interesting that they mentioned it's costing taxpayers about $200,000 a year to clean these sights up. I was standing there when she asked one of the forest service guys how much it costs and I clearly heard him say they don't even have a budget for it and they rely on volunteers and events like this. I'm not so naive as to think that they don't spend some funding on things like this, but I'm pretty sure those numbers might include all cleanup efforts across the state and for more than just shooting sights. Just my opinion.

Wow. Ch 2 must be afraid to say who we are! 6 pm story was a little better but not one word of who or why we, as an internet community of gun owners, are trying to do something about the problem. What's the matter with news stations that they cannot simply tell it like it is and let the chips fall where they land? They focused on tax payer costs caused by target shooters. Nothing about what is really being done... outreach and education. Gun owners helping gun owners to understand and practice Stewardship, Responsibility, Respect, Teaching by example, and Preserving our inherited right to shoot outdoors. They missed the story.

This is why I dont watch the evening news anymore, its all one-sided or cat stuck in the tree type stories. The truth is rarely included... crap even interweb news is highly filtered.
Not surprised the news report failed.
Next time hand the news people a pre-printed letter with website info and explaination of why we are out there, and dont waste your breath.

I'd also like to see what percentage of their overall budget is dedicated to cleanups. I doubt it's really all that much in the scheme of things. I budget for garbage collection at my home, I would think that taxpayers would want to have that budgeted for their forests too...

Well, billyinfinity, you sounded and looked good. Sorry they didn't put your whole interview on. You were great! I enjoyed hearing your responses to their questions. And when you showed them the Info Booth, you talked like you knew the whole program!

A fine 2nd A Rep! Thanks, Man!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads