JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know you are Joe and we all appreciate what you are doing to keep this site up and running.

Just so's you know Joe this goes double for me. No matter how much protesting you hear and read I figure the vast majority of members feel the same.

Post editing/deleting is fixed/enabled. The edit link is in the same place it was under the post.

Tag editing is fixed. Click this icon to edit thread tags.

Is it possible to fix the watched thread notification so it doesn't spam the absolute crap out of you? My hotmail started flagging them as spam.

It seems like the old one would update you once and then not again until you visited the site.

Is it possible to fix the watched thread notification so it doesn't spam the absolute crap out of you? My hotmail started flagging them as spam.

It seems like the old one would update you once and then not again until you visited the site.
Edit your account, it's like the first option you see.

In context I thought it was pretty obvious that I didn't want to just turn off all notifications... When done right notifications are a nice feature.

Trying again - I want it to send one mail notification and then no more until I've visited the thread again. I thought that's the way it used to work.

Edit: Unchecked "Always email watched thread notifications" in Preferences and it appears to switch to single-shot notifications as I wanted

Last Edited:
In context I thought it was pretty obvious that I didn't want to just turn off all notifications... When done right notifications are a nice feature.

Trying again - I want it to send one mail notification and then no more until I've visited the thread again. I thought that's the way it used to work.

Gotcha, and I think you're right. Do you have "Always email watched thread notifications" checked? I think that might change whether it's one notification or a notification for every post.

I don't know if it's been mentioned but, the classifieds are horrendous. There's no date or name under the ads. That means no way to see if the ad has been running for several months, without selling. That means I would have to look at every ad that interests me only to see that the ad has been up for months already. Generally I scan down the ads reading the posters name and ad placement date.

We removed the usernames and post dates from the ads to make room for the (much more relevant) price, location, and ad type fields. We did leave the avatars, so you're on desktop you can hover over them to view the member tooltip (or tap if you're on mobile).

The filters menu on both mobile and desktop will allow you to sort by when the ad was posted along with a few other ways.

Hint: A lot of people 'like' good deals or unique items in the classified sections. Sorting by reaction score is a great way to find them.

Do you have "Always email watched thread notifications" checked? I think that might change whether it's one notification or a notification for every post.

I did have it checked, unchecked it. Should know soon if that fixes my problem. If so I'll change my feedback to "please rename that option" :)

Edit: Unchecked "Always email watched thread notifications" in Preferences and it appears to switch to single-shot notifications as I wanted. Consider my feedback changed.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads