JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How do I upload pics now in a private message without attaching a HTML link

Conversation uploads are disabled for now while we figure out a solution to attachment storage.

Do I really have to click on every alert to get them to go away???:mad:

There's a link to alert preferences at the bottom of the alerts dropdown.

Click that, scroll down to this section, and you can set whether or not it marks them read when you click the alerts menu.

Conversation uploads are disabled for now while we figure out a solution to attachment storage.

There's a link to alert preferences at the bottom of the alerts dropdown.

View attachment 600878

Click that, scroll down to this section, and you can set whether or not it marks them read when you click the alerts menu.
Joe, I've seen that page, but unclicking those boxes does not make that mark as read upon viewing the list. It seems that unclicking would do that, but no.

Frankly, I shouldn't have to click a button to mark as read. I'm just looking at the alerts, not reading them. I'm also an OCD type so I Must. Not. Have unread alerts. Annoying little feature.

If your on a computer they clear themselves if you click the alert button. I happen to like it when they stay until you click each one because then I know what I have read and haven't read.

Joe, I've seen that page, but unclicking those boxes does not make that mark as read upon viewing the list. It seems that unclicking would do that, but no.

If "Alerts pop-up skips mark read" is unchecked the alerts should go away when you view the alerts menu. If "Alerts page skips mark read" is unchecked the alerts should go away when you view the alerts page.

Are the alerts not going away when you view the menu?

I like the "OP" badge in threads - great way to see at a glance who the OP is.
The little green asterisk denoting "online" isn't easily visible on a lot of the avatars - the older green/gray dot I think was easier to spot.

Thank GOD the custom smilies are still here! Though the expanded screen kind of flickers on me here and there if I leave it open (might be my computer - I'm using Chrome in Win10 on an external monitor from my laptop...but it is ONLY the custom smilies section that flickers).

:s0032::s0132::s0022:

Oh, and the recently used smilies section is a bonus... :s0139:

I don't like not being able to edit or delete a post after a certain amount of time. Sometimes I spot a typo or want to update information in a post but it looks like I can no longer edit or delete a post after a certain amount of time.

I don't like not being able to edit or delete a post after a certain amount of time. Sometimes I spot a typo or want to update information in a post but it looks like I can no longer edit or delete a post after a certain amount of time.
Wait - what? I guess on one hand, that will allow post count to grow faster (have to post a reply to provide clarification or updates). But on the other hand, I also use the "edit" function a LOT on my old posts. Looks like the "edit" function still exists on classifieds, but not on regular posts. :confused:

I used to be able to see feedback received/feedback sent. Now I'm not sure where those functions/buttons are?

:confused:
Hover over the user name, and you'll see "Rating" and a percentage. Click on that and it will take you to the feedback. But I do agree that I preferred the old system of seeing the actual counts instead of a percentage. 100% with one transaction is way different than 95% with a hundred+ transactions.

For that matter - it looks like the new feedback page doesn't show counts either - only the actual feedback left. And look at that, I used the "edit" function to add more to my post. ;)

Major issue I'm seeing (or, not seeing) is a way I can just list my own posts. I used to be able to go in my profile, hit posts then scroll down and click topics posted or whatever to get a list of all my topics created. All I can see now is a list of EVERYTHING. Every reply, every message reply, useless for when I need to go through all my active ads and bump them etc

I am weirded out by change in general but I am extremely happy with how the SEARCH works now. I used to get very annoyed when I would be typing in a search and the menu would disappear until I scrolled up on my phone. I usually just grumble to myself.... first world problems.

Thanks for the hard work

I'm starting to find the monograms in place of the avatar with those who don't use an avatar visually annoying. It's starting to look like the comment section of the Oregonian. I kind of miss the dark red/black theme of the old version. It was part of the culture, look and feel of NWFA. The new look is tending to come across as cartoonish. But That's kind of the format everything is trending to these days.
I probably need to be put out to pasture already though.

That "Reaction" thing is a little odd. I think of a reaction as more of a swelling of a body part or some kind of itchy rash.

You're not alone. Candidly, this one of the few things I didn't like about the new versions. Likes are clear and friendly; reactions, well, kind of vague, in my humble opinion. Though, I suppose, I get the interest in a more nuanced feedback system, even if it doesn't resonate personally. (I looked into it months ago and it appears to be a core part of the new XF version, so I did not bring it up. Hardly the end of the world, of course. :))

I am extremely happy with how the SEARCH works now

Ditto! The search function is very good now. Not that the old one was bad compared to other board software. Still much of an improvement. :D

When the ad is done, close it using the button below. Do not edit the ad with "sold", "gone", "done", etc.
The above is kinda a problem for me. When I close my ad, and don't put "SOLD" or "TRADED" at the top, I get messages asking about it even years after it is gone. Since I have started putting the above at the top of my ad, then closing it, I have not been asked about an item in a closed ad. I can live with the rule, if it needs to stay, but I will tick folks off when I reply "I was sold years ago, leave me the bubblegum alone!". :D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top