JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Update on the photos in conversations.

The reason this feature was restricted to Gold Supporters and above was due to storage and hosting costs. Over the years conversation attachments have grown to over 300GB. Regardless, after considering feedback from all of you, I think it's reasonable to enable the features for all Supporting Members, and I just made the change. I'll update the donation page to reflect this when I get a chance.

The reason this feature was restricted to Gold Supporters and above was due to storage and hosting costs. Over the years conversation attachments have grown to over 300GB. Regardless, after considering feedback from all of you, I think it's reasonable to enable the features for all Supporting Members, and I just made the change. I'll update the donation page to reflect this when I get a chance.

Is there a limit to convo length? That might help with costs.....

Joe would it help if everyone went through and deleted old convo's?

Is there a limit to convo length? That might help with costs.....

Convo length (character-wise) isn't an issue, it's the exchange of images. It's ok though, we'll make it work. I like the idea of everyone who contributes something having that feature available.

Joe would it help if everyone went through and deleted old convo's?

Absolutely, and I'm going to make that request once the dust settles.

How about a time limit on them? Maybe they expire after a certain length or maybe an option to archive if they contain important info? Just spitballing here.

:s0114:
How about a time limit on them? Maybe they expire after a certain length or maybe an option to archive if they contain important info? Just spitballing here.

There may be a way for us to prune old conversations, I'll be looking into that :)

For now I just want the townsfolk to put down their pitchforks :s0030:

I just know that hosting is expensive and the more crap people hang on to the more server space it takes. I'm the kind of guy that regularly deletes text threads to keep my phone memory clear.

I appreciate you restoring that feature to supporting members Joe!!

That said, I'll check my convos for any old ones that have photos that I no longer need. I'm happy to help clean it up a bit, if it helps.

New site is looking good and working well. Always a learning curve with something new like this, but the transition has been fairly painless and the learning curve not as steep as I've seen with some other upgrades on different sites.

Thanks for all the hard work keeping the site up and running Joe!!

We removed the usernames and post dates from the ads to make room for the (much more relevant) price, location, and ad type fields. We did leave the avatars, so you're on desktop you can hover over them to view the member tooltip (or tap if you're on mobile).

The filters menu on both mobile and desktop will allow you to sort by when the ad was posted along with a few other ways.

Hint: A lot of people 'like' good deals or unique items in the classified sections. Sorting by reaction score is a great way to find them.

View attachment 601450

Having to click on an ad for the umpteenth time just to see it was posted a year ago and hasn't sold because it's way over priced is a pain in the butt.

Having to click on an ad for the umpteenth time just to see it was posted a year ago and hasn't sold because it's way over priced is a pain in the butt.

A future update will include auto-closing of ads over a certain time period. We wanted it done before this upgrade but it didn't make it :(

Once you clear your inbox, I noticed it goes to trash. Is there anyway to blow those out to save storage?

This is a new Supporting Member feature, "Rejoin Conversation". Conversations are deleted from the server when all parties leave the conversation, so as long as one person is still in the conversation it's just sitting there. This new feature allows people to rejoin conversations they've left as long as not everyone has left the conversation.

To answer your question there's no way to 'delete' the conversation from the server short of everyone leaving it, so emptying your trash won't help.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top