JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I'm happy to announce the tentative date and time of the Northwest Firearms V4 Upgrade is Monday, July 15th, beginning at 3AM PST. While we hope get the site back up and running as soon as possible, it's hard to predict exactly how long the site will be down. If everything goes as planned it could be back up in a few hours. If we run into serious issues it could be several days. I encourage everyone to check back often throughout the day.

This is a huge upgrade, and with it will come issues and changes (planned and unplanned) to how some aspects of the site function. We'll be working to resolve the issues as quickly as possible in the days following the upgrade and we ask that you please be patient.

For the changes, I'm not going to sugar coat this. We've been asking for member feedback for a long time now and given members the opportunity to actually use the V4 software 'in the wild' over on Southwest Firearms (it's already been upgraded to V4). Unfortunately, we haven't received much feedback from people who've actually tried the software. Again I want to reiterate, the odds of the look and function of V4 changing after the upgrade are slim, so go test drive the new version and let us know what you think now.

It's 100% guaranteed that there will be folks who don't take this advice and choose to share their input after the fact. Those people will be directed to this post. While we do want you to share your opinion once the upgrade is complete, we're going to be very busy with behind-the-scenes after-upgrade tasks which will take priority over non-critical requests/opinions/complaints. There's a very real possibility that we won't be able to field non-issues until this fall, so please, please let us know what you think beforehand :)

Feedback Request - Northwest Firearms Version 4 - Opinions & Feedback

I played with it on SWF on every device I currently use. Worked great on all of them. So here's to hoping it goes the same way here. Hours off line I could deal with. Days? I would be going through serious withdrawal. :)

In looking at the SW site, are the thread categories shown there the ones they are using or will the current NWFA thread categories be used? I did not see a C&R section and could not tell the difference between the legal and separate legislative headings.

Visually the new site seems well laid out and is clear.

Last Edited:
In looking at the SW site, are the thread categories shown there the ones they are using or will the current NWFA thread categories be used? I did not see a C&R section and could not tell the difference between the legal and separate legislative headings.

We'll be keeping the sections we have here :)

I stopped using the site here and SW as much as I used to, so do not notice differences many of you may.
But hope it all works out well for the time invested.

I dont see a airgun classified section on SWFA are there plans for one? and are you planning to transfer the airgun classifieds for NWFA to the site?
Thank you

I'm happy to announce the tentative date and time of the Northwest Firearms V4 Upgrade is Monday, July 15th, beginning at 3AM PST. While we hope get the site back up and running as soon as possible, it's hard to predict exactly how long the site will be down. If everything goes as planned it could be back up in a few hours. If we run into serious issues it could be several days.

This is a huge upgrade, and with it will come issues and changes (planned and unplanned) to how some aspects of the site function. We'll be working to resolve the issues as quickly as possible in the days following the upgrade and we ask that you please be patient.

For the changes, I'm not going to sugar coat this. We've been asking for member feedback for a long time now and given members the opportunity to actually use the V4 software 'in the wild' over on Southwest Firearms (it's already been upgraded to V4). Unfortunately, we haven't received much feedback from people who've actually tried the software. Again I want to reiterate, the odds of the look and function of V4 changing after the upgrade are slim, so go test drive the new version and let us know what you think now.

It's 100% guaranteed that there will be folks who don't take this advice and choose to share their input after the fact. Those people will be directed to this post. While we do want you to share your opinion once the upgrade is complete, we're going to be very busy with behind-the-scenes after-upgrade tasks which will take priority over non-critical requests/opinions/complaints. There's a very real possibility that we won't be able to field non-issues until this fall, so please, please let us know what you think beforehand :)

Feedback Request - Northwest Firearms Version 4 - Opinions & Feedback

Am I missing something? How is the Southwest Firearms forum different? It LOOKS a little different, but it seems to run the same as this site.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top