JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
2:00 AM? You're an animal Joe. I only ever woke up to go fishing or clamming at 2:00 AM. I don't clam any more, and wouldn't do that for fish these days either.

Thanks for the hard work Joe

You bet man! I just hope people like it :)

Free cigar for Joe Link.

Don't threaten me with a good time! :s0133:

I sure hope this getting going soon. I'm currently having enough errors that I will go back to "Watching" for a while.:(:(:(:( Mike

Be sure to let me know if it's better or worse after the upgrade.

You bet man! I just hope people like it :)

Don't threaten me with a good time! :s0133:

I don't like it already. I'm not real old yet, but I don't see why people always have to change things and then call it better. o_O It's fine now. It's your Baby Joe, and I'll get used to it. I spent some time on SWFA and didn't notice anything sucking! So there's that. Down the line I will have forgotten what this version was like, just like I forgot what the version before THIS version was like.

I don't like it already. I'm not real old yet, but I don't see why people always have to change things and then call it better. o_O It's fine now. It's your Baby Joe, and I'll get used to it. I spent some time on SWFA and didn't notice anything sucking! So there's that. Down the line I will have forgotten what this version was like, just like I forgot what the version before THIS version was like.

That's completely understandable, Mike. Unfortunately the current version of the software as reached the end of life and the company who develops it will no longer be offering security updates. Hopefully you'll get used to the new version quickly, I did my best to keep it as similar as possible :)

That's completely understandable, Mike. Unfortunately the current version of the software as reached the end of life and the company who develops it will no longer be offering security updates. Hopefully you'll get used to the new version quickly, I did my best to keep it as similar as possible :)

No worries Joe. It's not really bad and always ends up better probably. So let me ask, how is it that ifish seems to be running the exact same "version", or what ever, that they were running 6-7 years ago? Picture posting at ifish is insanely complicated compared to here. And even gunboards.com have a system similar to here, that I figured out easily. And you have to upgrade, at substantial cost it seems, or you'll lose the site.

We like it here. And no dumb upgrade will change that. :s0155:

No worries Joe. It's not really bad and always ends up better probably. So let me ask, how is it that ifish seems to be running the exact same "version", or what ever, that they were running 6-7 years ago? Picture posting at ifish is insanely complicated compared to here. And even gunboards.com have a system similar to here, that I figured out easily. And you have to upgrade, at substantial cost it seems, or you'll lose the site.

We like it here. And no dumb upgrade will change that. :s0155:

I was wondering how long it'd be before someone asked about other sites running the same software for decades :)

Really it comes down to how comfortable they are gambling. If someone compromises their site they're on their own, as there generally isn't anyone pro-actively looking for vulnerabilities aside from the hackers trying to gain access, steal user data, etc. By staying up to date with the latest versions not only are serious issues patched quickly, we're also able to take advantage of new advancements in forum software (have you seen our new classified system???). vBulletin 3 (which ifish and many other sites run) was a great back in the day, we actually used to run it here (switched in 2013 IIRC). Many people are familiar with it because it's literally been in use for nearly two decades, and often times people prefer what they're familiar with even if modern options are far superior. Myself, I'm a bells and whistles guy, so you all get to suffer with the latest and greatest :D

Joe Link;

One way or another I'm going to be around for the Release!!!

The VERY BEST of Luck with the New Release!!!:):):)

KKG aka:Mike

Morning everyone! :D

Time for some breakfast before we get this party started.

Thanks guys, can't believe I've been working on this since 2AM. Still a few days worth of work left but everything has gone really well :s0115:

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads