JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I'm loving it over at SWFA. It's a good upgrade. As a retired systems admin I salute your bravery in going forward with a major upgrade. Good luck!!!

I dont see a airgun classified section on SWFA are there plans for one? and are you planning to transfer the airgun classifieds for NWFA to the site?
Thank you

SWFA isn't very big yet, so we're keeping the sections to a minimum right now. Once it grows we'll consider additional sections. NWFA will be retaining all the sections it has currently, and we may be adding some subforums (such as splitting the black powder section out).

Am I missing something? How is the Southwest Firearms forum different? It LOOKS a little different, but it seems to run the same as this site.

Mission accomplished! :D

The software SWFA is running is actually completely different than the current NWFA software. Our goal was to make it look and function mostly the same (making improvements where we thought improvements could be made).

Is this considered a social media platform? I have a Gab account, but this is the place I go for social intercourse. My point being that I sure would miss it. I'll be rooting for miraculous (computer stuff is like "angel pees in the touchhole") success.

Two requests:
Get the switch done quickly so we are back up and running asap. I would miss this place.
I hope we don't get the black and orange Halloween colors. But if we do, I will learn to live with it. Green would be nice as the Northwest is green.
:D

Last Edited:
I'm happy to announce the tentative date and time of the Northwest Firearms V4 Upgrade is Monday, July 15th, beginning at 3AM PST. While we hope get the site back up and running as soon as possible, it's hard to predict exactly how long the site will be down. If everything goes as planned it could be back up in a few hours. If we run into serious issues it could be several days.

This is a huge upgrade, and with it will come issues and changes (planned and unplanned) to how some aspects of the site function. We'll be working to resolve the issues as quickly as possible in the days following the upgrade and we ask that you please be patient.

For the changes, I'm not going to sugar coat this. We've been asking for member feedback for a long time now and given members the opportunity to actually use the V4 software 'in the wild' over on Southwest Firearms (it's already been upgraded to V4). Unfortunately, we haven't received much feedback from people who've actually tried the software. Again I want to reiterate, the odds of the look and function of V4 changing after the upgrade are slim, so go test drive the new version and let us know what you think now.

It's 100% guaranteed that there will be folks who don't take this advice and choose to share their input after the fact. Those people will be directed to this post. While we do want you to share your opinion once the upgrade is complete, we're going to be very busy with behind-the-scenes after-upgrade tasks which will take priority over non-critical requests/opinions/complaints. There's a very real possibility that we won't be able to field non-issues until this fall, so please, please let us know what you think beforehand :)

Feedback Request - Northwest Firearms Version 4 - Opinions & Feedback

I visited the site, and it works great. The one difference was when you hit the classifieds link, it doesn't have the a down menu feature. That feature works sometimes on my tablet, and other times not. Probably my fat fingering. I noticed their version has the sub categories bar below. That seems to be a more positive function.

Is this considered a social media platform? I have a Gab account, but this is the place I go for social intercourse. My point being that I sure would miss it. I'll be rooting for miraculous (computer stuff is like "angel pees in the touchhole") success.

I guess it could be, but when I hear the term social media platform I generally think of the big guys such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. I don't really use those much myself :)

Two requests:
Get the switch done quickly so we are back up and running asap. I would miss this place.
I hope we don't get the black and orange Halloween colors. But if we do, I will learn to live with it. Green would be nice as the Northwest is green.
:D

Don't worry, we're keeping these colors!

I visited the site, and it works great. The one difference was when you hit the classifieds link, it doesn't have the a down menu feature. That feature works sometimes on my tablet, and other times not. Probably my fat fingering. I noticed their version has the sub categories bar below. That seems to be a more positive function.

With the new version the navigation links (at the top of the page) do not have the hover feature, they have to be clicked. If you click on the word (such as "Classifieds") it'll take you to the main page for that section of the site. To the right of each of these links is a down arrow, which provides quick access to the section links for each section. Section links are the links on the bar below the navigation links (which you mentioned contains the links to the sub categories for the classified section).

SWFA loads really slow on my Blackberry (yeah that's right...Blackberry ;)) while current NWFA is lightning fast. So I guess I'll be posting less, which is probably best for everyone involved anyway.:p

SWFA loads really slow on my Blackberry (yeah that's right...Blackberry ;)) while current NWFA is lightning fast. So I guess I'll be posting less, which is probably best for everyone involved anyway.:p

The SWFA server is considerably slower than the NWFA server, so that might have something to do with it.

Why the 15th cut-off date?
Fire it up!!

Unfortunately there's an incredible amount of work that needs to be done both before and after the upgrade. If we could get it done sooner we absolutely would! I can't wait for NWFA V4 :)

Only a few days away now! I'm positive this comment will be lost and we'll get a ton of people asking, but I'm going to mention it anyway :)

Rather than keep the site down for an entire day, we're going to try to get it upgraded and re-opened with basic functionality as quickly as possible (you should be able to post, use conversations, etc). I'll be waking up at 2AM to get started in hopes that the site will be re-opened by the time you're enjoying your morning coffee. Because we're going to try to re-open ASAP there will be some features that are buggy, incomplete, or flat out won't work. I ask that everyone keep this in mind and please be patient as we work though our list of upgrade tasks. If you encounter any bugs or issues we ask that you please post them in the Technical Issues section. If you have any questions or need help please post in the Questions & Help section.

2:00 AM? You're an animal Joe. I only ever woke up to go fishing or clamming at 2:00 AM. I don't clam any more, and wouldn't do that for fish these days either.

Thanks for the hard work Joe

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top