JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As mentioned back on July 15th, we're making some serious changes to the backend infrastructure of Northwest Firearms. These changes are being implemented to make the site faster and more secure. We're taking every measure to ensure the site and our members won't experience issues or downtime, but even with the best game plan that's still just a 'happy thought' :D

Should the site be completely unreachable (aka down), we'll post updates on Facebook and Twitter.

We hope to have everything complete by August 5th. Between now and then you may experience a variety of issues such as slow load times, not staying logged in, not receiving alert emails, and many others. If you experience issues, no matter how small, please let us know in this thread.

As you can imagine, this type of work is not cheap. If you'd like to help out please consider making a donation here: https://www.northwestfirearms.com/donate/

Thanks again!
Joe Link

P.S. These changes not related to Northwest Firearms Version 3.

As the notice states, we will begin the migration to our new server tomorrow. We will begin with the first portion around 11AM PST. Though we do not have a time estimate for completion, we hope to have everything finalized by midnight tomorrow.

Again, we do not expect any downtime, but I'll be amazed if we don't run into a few bumps along the way (which I mentioned above). Reporting of issues in this thread is appreciated :)

Cheers,
Joe Link

With a little over an hour to go before we begin, I wanted to give everyone a heads up regarding the way this should go down.

Before the final data transfer the site will be closed, displaying a message similar to this one. After we transfer the data, which should take approximately 20 minutes, we will switch the DNS records to point to the new server. To oversimplify the DNS system, DNS servers act as a worldwide phone book for the internet. You type in our URL (northwestfirearms.com) and they tell your computer the number (IP) of our server where it needs to connect. When that server changes it's location, it takes a while for the DNS servers to update and tell other computers the new address (known as DNS propagation). It's worth noting that last night during our test runs, it took hours for Comcast to update their DNS records (long after most of the rest of the internet had done so). We're not sure if this is unique to Comcast, and I'm guessing it'll probably happen with some of the other ISP's as well.

Those of you who consider yourself familiar with computers might want to switch to a faster public DNS server for a while, such as Google's (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4). Instructions for most operating systems and routers can be found here. Another option is adding the new IP (23.239.2.191) to your hosts file, with instructions available here. If you don't know what you're doing, we recommend you just sit tight and wait for the DNS servers to update automatically.

Once your DNS has updated you will be connecting to the new server, which you'll be able to differentiate from the old server because it won't be closed (you'll be able to view/post/use the site). To reiterate, you may have to log in again, you may see a warning message, etc. Please let us know if any of this occurs so we can fix the issue if need be and let others know.

Those who donated for this migration, thank you very much. We also thank everyone else for hanging in there while we improve Northwest Firearms.

Cheers,
Joe Link

Great to hear, thanks of the feedback!

I'd like to hear from others as well, not only about issues but positive changes as well :D

I'd like to hear from others as well, not only about issues but positive changes as well :D

Does this mean that everyone is now officially on 3.0? Or is that separate of the server change?

Overall, I've adjusted to the changes in 3.0 and like the look and feel of the site. Looking good Joe :)

Does this mean that everyone is now officially on 3.0? Or is that separate of the server change?

Overall, I've adjusted to the changes in 3.0 and like the look and feel of the site. Looking good Joe :)

Nope, that's completely separate. These wereall backend infrastructure changes which we made in order to speed up the site and retain our secure https connections :)

Good to hear you're liking 3.0!

Thanks Joe. I'm in and have no problems. Was only without connection for a short time, and now things seem faster. The added security is reassuring.
Thanks for the new MT. Hood Fun Day popup behind the header too!

Hi Joe, I did my Log in fine, checked my inbox and alerts that was fine, then I clicked on one of the threads AND I got a Security Warning saying Hackers may be trying to steal my personal information and had a box to check for ''Google'' to be automatically notified for future attacks or security danger and I chose not to click that. Maybe I should have ? I am not very computer smart so ?then at the bottom right of that it had a blue box that said ''get me back to safety'' so I clicked that option and then the ''new tab'' area had the blank page symbol so I left that page and was fine after that, so ? The ''https; // had a BLACK LOCK and a big RED X warning before clicked any options to leave that page. So I don't know ? :s0092: Thank you Joe for all the new features I do appreciate it , Sir!

Hi Joe, I did my Log in fine, checked my inbox and alerts that was fine, then I clicked on one of the threads AND I got a Security Warning saying Hackers may be trying to steal my personal information and had a box to check for ''Google'' to be automatically notified for future attacks or security danger and I chose not to click that. Maybe I should have ? I am not very computer smart so ?then at the bottom right of that it had a blue box that said ''get me back to safety'' so I clicked that option and then the ''new tab'' area had the blank page symbol so I left that page and was fine after that, so ? The ''https; // had a BLACK LOCK and a big RED X warning before clicked any options to leave that page. So I don't know ? :s0092: Thank you Joe for all the new features I do appreciate it , Sir!

Great description, thank you. It sounds like a general SSL error, which can occur for a variety of reasons. You did well by not clicking the box; I'm not sure what it was but I never recommend clicking boxes/yes/i agree unless you know who's asking and why :)

Sounds like you got it worked out, but let me know if you have any other issues.

Great description, thank you. It sounds like a general SSL error, which can occur for a variety of reasons. You did well by not clicking the box; I'm not sure what it was but I never recommend clicking boxes/yes/i agree unless you know who's asking and why :)

Sounds like you got it worked out, but let me know if you have any other issues.
Thanks Joe, It did mention Google so I am pretty sure it was from ''Google'' I am not a Tech obviously.:s0076: Seems like all you youngin's can do any thing on a computer.:s0050: My Step Son can do lots on the internet, but he has a hard time pouring a glass of juice or checking fluids in his rig. :s0107:Just an observation I have made,:s0088: LOL !

Yep

image.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews