Announcement Northwest Firearms Fundraising - THANK YOU

Discussion in 'Northwest Firearms Announcements' started by Joe Link, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Joe Link

Joe Link
    Portland, OR
    Well-Known Member Staff Member Supporting Vendor Lifetime Supporter Bronze Supporter

Now that things have died down a bit, and I've had a chance to catch my breath and gather my emotions, I want to give you guys the most sincere thank you I possibly can. There really isn't any way to put into words how appreciative I am that all of you came together and made this happen when we were in need.

I'm 35 now and I'll have been doing this for 10 years in August. One of my biggest dilemmas, especially as I get older, has been trying to decide whether I'm making the right choice building this community and doing what I believe in rather than focusing on my financial future and taking a well-paying job. Sometimes when things get really tough the pendulum swings toward the latter, and it was headed that way. While I'm still unable to answer that question, there is no doubt that you guys pulling together for us has given me a renewed motivation to continue doing what I've been doing.

Though we're not out of the woods yet, we now have enough to cover our expenses for a couple of months while we work on a better funding strategy. No site this size is cheap or easy to maintain. I'm not exaggerating when I tell you that we have an enormous disadvantage being that we're firearm-related (literally nine out of ten ad companies are unwilling to work with this industry). We wouldn't be having these struggles if we were an automotive community. Our long term strategy is going to require support from firearm-related businesses, retailers, ranges, manufacturers, and any others supportive of our 2nd Amendment. I encourage all of you to first and foremost, support our Supporting Vendors. Look to them before looking elsewhere for your goods and services and be sure to let them know why so that they'll continue to support us. Second, if you know any businesses who might be a good fit, please encourage them to sign up. Lastly, if those of you working as professionals in sales, marketing, legal, etc. think you might be able to help us, please send me a message.

Again, I can't say this enough,

THANK YOU!

2. SA Shooter

SA Shooter
    Hillsboro, OR
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

Thank You for what you do here.

Without your tireless efforts to operate and maintain this site we, the members, would be lost in the interwebs, looking for a place to settle in and work to keep our 2A rights intact, enjoy our hobby and pass along what we've learned to all who are interested.

ralph, RetiredLEO, B5Ben and 14 others like this.
  3. Crohnos01

Crohnos01
    SW Washington
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter

^^^ This!

Elkman, 2A2Dend, AirResq and 3 others like this.
  4. Stomper

Stomper
    Shut Your Face!!
    Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter 2018 Volunteer

I’m still waiting for @Joe Link to let me drive his Tesla!! o_O

;):D

MasterChief1, Ura-Ki, albin25 and 6 others like this.
  5. Joe Link

Joe Link
    Portland, OR
    Well-Known Member Staff Member Supporting Vendor Lifetime Supporter Bronze Supporter

I'd have to buy somewhere to plug it in first :s0113:

6. albin25

albin25
    Lewiston Idaho
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Only 35? :eek:
    Huh...I thought you were older.

Tell ya what....I'll "gift" you an honorary 60, make you more respectable. ;)

7. Stomper

Stomper
    Shut Your Face!!
    Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter 2018 Volunteer

I know, right? In person he looks 50+!!

:s0108::s0062:

8. Garg

Garg
    east of portland metro
    Hold my beer..... watch this

We call those "City Miles" LOL

ralph, albin25 and Stomper like this.
  9. 3putts

3putts
    Brookings, Oregon
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I'd like to see a list of the companies that refuse assistance because of their anti-gun agenda. Maybe I could, in some small way, avoid their products and/or services in the future. Other members may wish to do the same.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    ralph likes this.
  10. wavo

wavo
    Portland

Thanks for all you do Joe! I remember 10 years ago when you were Joey. Now look at you, all grown up. :D

Certaindeaf and Joe Link like this.
  11. Joe Link

Joe Link
    Portland, OR

Hey man, welcome back! :D

Still doing Krav?

ralph likes this.
  12. wavo

wavo
    Portland

Just on the side. I was still teaching a few years ago, but getting married and popping out two kids ate up a bunch of my time. I've been away for awhile but now it feels good to be back in here. If you ever need a refresher I'm here for ya. It's important to take care of your fleshy guns as well as the black shiny ones! :)

Joe Link likes this.
  13. Joe Link

Joe Link
    Portland, OR

Wow, congrats man! I've been meaning to get into some sort of program :)

14. Eddieb460

Eddieb460
    WA

I may have an idea for you contact me.

15. ralph

ralph
    jeans rd Veneta OR
    Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter

And please may I second that. Would it be proper of you to list those that support and reject us? I would really like to be able to let them know how we feel.

16. joken

joken
    Corvallis
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Would it be legal for you to do raffles and things of that nature?

3putts likes this.