JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thought I would see if the phone would upload the photos

20160611_130742.jpg 20160611_144221.jpg 20160611_144227.jpg 20160611_150700.jpg 20160611_150908.jpg

It's fairly simple,
  • Check on the site every so often, (no set schedule),
  • Call or email the managing agency on current conditions, (photo's would be best),
  • Picking up simple trash, (a bag or two... the ugly stuff. Arrange with them for disposal),
  • Monitor signage at the sites, (pack a few extra to replace damaged fliers),
  • Post a report here on this NWFA thread.
I cant say I'm ready to officially "adopt" a site because my schedule is random as the actual location can sometimes vary too so I don't fit the "every so often" criteria for checking on it.... But I've found my own secret spot in the Salmonberry area where I always drive past the well known locations there. If I happen upon one that isn't being used that fits my bill then I don't need to drive further and I always leave it cleaner than I found it (I also will stop on the way out if ones vacant to clean up another trash bag worth...)

I was just out there the other weekend. All the spots were being used so I didn't stop but there was trash to pick up. Because I didn't stop and didn't see anything excessively unusual from the road I didn't share a report here, but I have been posting reports here in the past when I have....
Salmonberry trash and shot up trees... (https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/salmonberry-trash-and-shot-up-trees.204070/)
Salmonberry trashed again... (https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/salmonberry-trashed-again.206836/)

I will continue to do so now that I know there is a program of sorts since I have an elk rifle that I need to take out to 300 yds I might be out there again this summer if I cant get a friend to take me to a clubs range but if I do then I might not get back there at all this summer or year...

An observation about the Salmonberry sites is there is no signage at each shooting location site to maintain. There is one at the jct with hwy26 but I've never monitored it for any NWFA notices.

All that said, Id be happy to update signage or email managing agency contacts

Made it up to Wildcat this morning. Seems someone did some cleanup over the weekend as I only found about a pocketful of brass, one bag's worth of trash, and 4 half sheets of plywood.
no pics this time because my phone decided to brick itself on the way there!

Hello @Cogs . Took my two older boys to the spot we cleaned on Saturday and our sign is already missing Only found a little garbage and some brass.View attachment 298394 View attachment 298395
Those dirty rats! I expected a couple days at least! Did they leave the $3.50 cost of printing & laminating? We need that kiosk sign board out at the main road. Then we might last 2 days.

Glad you and the youngsters had fun!

I hate seeing people shooting in areas with out a back stop, down hill, and leaving trash all over! The other thing is shooting trees!! I hate it when people do that! Back when I lived in Oregon, we used to shoot up Fish Crick and boy was that area nasty! There was so much garbage and dumping going on and even several cars and other large items all over that place! Several times we would haul a full pick up load out of there and had to pay to dump at the gresham dump! Plus, that mountain had several very un safe areas where people would just slam on the breaks, jump out of the car and just start shootin with out even looking around first! almost caught a round one time! I hope that area gets closed down, it's just not safe!!! It sucks to have to say that, but there are plenty of other places better suited for shooting!

was just posting here to alert the program, Im hoping the forest dept gets the info about the unsafe shooting location.

ahem... :cool: would be good to direct any comments about the Salmonberry thread in, its thread ;)

No worries bra! It's kool! I had a bit of head scratchin though, trying to remember which was which! All I remember is one hell of a down hill ride with four wheel drum brakes on my old 46 1 1/2 ton Dodge towing a flat bed with a shot to hell honda on it!

All I remember is one hell of a down hill ride with four wheel drum brakes on my old 46 1 1/2 ton Dodge towing a flat bed with a shot to hell honda on it!
the good ol days, thats hardcore... you should get at least a bronze badge for that

Back at Wildcat this morning.
Seems there's be a lot of fun had up there lately. Pounds upon pounds of brass. Two bags worth of trash. And the graffiti is growing.

It's not shooting trees if you're shooting at the Carhartts, right?
EB4-5VQSVXzxI_Vhyfbm42IvQcjgVF_BX56wZWujkGokBmWrfrpGgHVR47EfaxHfeUCfh7JEWAoJFfvEeyA=w607-h809-no.jpg
lnjRojIQaIjQUtlwA1aAOxyo_knfSlMuYnrje6qCUcT0YE6Y2ukfH7vyRCizaqEdFmxYyGFvUgLGTdABc__=w607-h809-no.jpg

HL5u31Ph5wbmPghsbKZ-UPRbqEFse2GgpMhoZD9fQKMKdOjYLcXWF-TqC5IVZANZj55xeCvN4uBG89YLc7=w1079-h810-no.jpg

Replaced the closure area map
Ub7tQcMQtgzXXq-DORoVfalpOZVOOE0uGP65gIiJijeuW5AVpQX8PxtASUY6YClKy4D7PwFN01SsR_A_QC0=w607-h809-no.jpg

We got there and our car hoods were gone! Oh well, made it a little easier to cleanup the rest. We had some extra help from DOE (Dept of Ecology). They had been there a day or two ago and picked up the blue bags. We got the rest.

Thanks for the help, nwheavy75 and Lone Wolf!
Mini cleanup 7-3-16.jpg

Just got back from Wildcat, picked up two bags of trash and replaced the closure area map. It must make a good target because "The Nothing" replaced it on June 29th.
The graffiti is just awful, can we put some paint over it?

Oh, and I love how they are now shooting at the rocks.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top