JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is your guy. Championship rifles.

Right Rifle Llc
31770 Fayetteville Dr
Shedd, OR 97377

(541) 491-1201

He built the rifles that won the world record in 600 benchrest last year until our team got beat by one 40 minutes later. Or so I'm told

Last edited by a moderator:
ASsumptions that the nut behind the trigger is capable of long range and already has maxed out current rifle?

Holland. is a hack judged by the work he did for me. He had my rifle for a year, couldn't (or wouldn't) do the work I requested (and we agreed on) when I left him the rifle and charged about 10X for the little work he did for me. I have had a lot of work done by smiths all over the world.........I would not recommend this guy.

Last Edited:
Wayne York is a name that I have heard floated for many years. But I have never shot his stuff.

If I were looking to get into precision or long range shooting, I would go about it in the following manner, based on conversations with high level competitors.
First, I would start with a near factory rifle. I might change the trigger or bed the action to the stock, but very little work.
Once I started to get extremely competent with that equipment and got to the point where it was holding me back, I would talk to a local smith' about doing a rifle for me (in my case, I'd do it myself). This would involve a moderately blueprinted action, a custom cut, chambered, and crowned barrel, a well-bedded stock, and probably some nicer glass. More money than a factory-plus gun, and a bit of a wait depending on the gunsmith. In theory, this will put your equipment ahead of you again. Same steps, shoot until the gun is holding you back again.
At this point, it is time to find a nationally known rifle builder who does nothing but build rifles to do exactly what you want a rifle to do and has a proven track record of doing it for top-flight competitors. This will cost even more money and will take longer to even get your build in the queue (not cue). This should take you to the point where you are likely at the limit of what man and machine can accomplish together. And unless you're independently wealthy, you are likely shooting for a living or doing multiple high level competitions all over the country each year.

If you are so inclined to go straight to a high dollar build, power to you, but it's my opinion that starting lower and shooting more will serve you better in the long run.

Disclaimer: I am not a competition level shooter. I can build a decent enough rifle, but there are probably at least half a dozen professional gunsmiths (and countless more hobbyists) in the central Willamette Valley who can build a more accurate rifle than me.

that's almost the exact route I went. when you get to the point where you want a custom rig you already have the experience to pick and choose what parts you want.
in my worthless opinion, trigger time and training (even on your own) is more important than the rifle

Terry Right. Right rifle. He's cheaper than you think and the result is better than you can dream. Save your time and money. Have him build you a savage target action into whatever caliber you want on any stock. You will kick yourself for the time wasted.

Holland. is a hack judged by the work he did for me. He had my rifle for a year, couldn't (or wouldn't) do the work I requested (and we agreed on) when I left him the rifle and charged about 10X for the little work he did for me. I have had a lot of work done by smiths all over the world.........I would not recommend this guy.

Sorry to hear that; that sucks. A neighbor was friends with him a long, long time ago, and I shot a couple rifles he built.

I do like Mountain Bear's advice about gaining skill before laying out the money for top-notch equipment. I'm a fairly decent shot for an amateur, and I have a couple different factory hunting rifles that are capable of better accuracy than I am. As much as I'd like to have one, a world class rifle would be wasted on me.

Sorry to hear that; that sucks. A neighbor was friends with him a long, long time ago, and I shot a couple rifles he built.

I do like Mountain Bear's advice about gaining skill before laying out the money for top-notch equipment. I'm a fairly decent shot for an amateur, and I have a couple different factory hunting rifles that are capable of better accuracy than I am. As much as I'd like to have one, a world class rifle would be wasted on me.

I wouldn't feel bad, any unmolested decent quality hunting rifle with okay glass has more accuracy potential than what most shooters are willing to learn to squeeze out of them...

I was building my 700P carbine and was looking for an ideal scope mount. I wanted a Leupold double dovetail mount but with the factory Leupold base (for the short 700 LH action) the front base protrudes back over the front of the receiver about 1/4 inch over the loading/ejection port. I studied the problem and bought a unmachined dovetail block from Leupold. It needed the bottom radius shaved and radius cut to match the receiver, the mounting holes drilled in the block and one additional hole drilled and tapped into the receiver. It would have made the base clear the port. The base would have mounted flush with the back of the front receiver ring. I was more than willing to pay for the machine time to do the job. On the net, he claimed to build scope mounts so is seemed to be a no brainer. I talked to him on the phone and drove from Western Idaho to Powers (Oregon) to take him the rifle and Parts. So, a year or so later I get a call from his wife that the rifle was done. We went over (400 miles or so) to pick the rifle up. He had subistuted a front block that was for a Weatherby that still protruded, I never saw the uncut block I took him and he charged me 750.00. He was not in the shop when I picked it up and his wife had no information other than a note he had used a subistute front base designed for a Weatherby. At this point, I was simply revealed to get the rifle back.......but the guy really hosed me.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top