JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Like these guys too, but they never seem to have what I am looking for. I've done a couple of special orders with them and they always bust their butts to help out. One of these days they'll have what I am looking for when I am looking for it.

Hi Rolandson,

I am at home, with ice on my knee, I had minor surgery last Friday afternoon. I was happy to be able to work
a couple of hours today.

May I ask what you were looking for at our shop, that we did not have? I do almost all of the buying for our shop,
and would like your imput.

Thank you,

Karl

Hi Rolandson,

I am at home, with ice on my knee, I had minor surgery last Friday afternoon. I was happy to be able to work
a couple of hours today.

May I ask what you were looking for at our shop, that we did not have? I do almost all of the buying for our shop,

Thank you,

Karl
Karl:

Sorry, for stealing Rolandson's thunder, but I was just in at NW Armory today getting ammo (some great prices by the way), and in yesterday getting ammo (today was for a gun I purchased from an individual on these forums, and yesterday was for one I purchased a short time ago from NW Armory) but I would love to see you have the Ruger SR1911 and the KelTec KSG. Both are on my list but still have to save a little for them but it would be great if you had them when I am ready.

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your business!

We have had less than 20 Ruger 1911's in the short time Ruger has been
building them. I think all have gone to customers with deposit's.

My guess is that today no gun shop in the Portland area has a Ruger 1911 in stock,
at a fair price, say less than $700.

On a very hard to get firearm, we take a $100.00 deposit, and then we hold the firearm
for the customer when we finally get it. The deposit is fully refundable.

We would like to have the Keltec KSG for customers, but Keltec's are in very short supply.
And the KSG is impossible so far.

This morning I printed a report of our top 100 firearms by sales in 2012, tomorrow I will
be doing our weekly order with our biggest suppliers. I bet we will not find 15 out of the list
of 100 in stock at our suppliers. This is very different than at this time last year. It makes
what I do for our store a lot harder.

Have good weekend,

Karl

Hi Rolandson,

a couple of hours today.

Thank you,

Karl
Karl,
Sorry to hear about your knee, are you a runner by chance? I used to be, my knee is titanium now...there is absolutely nothing minor about surgery.

At one time or another I have been looking for an all stainless Sig P229 (not the elite version) in .40 (Keith had it); and a stainless P232 (Place to Shoot). I have learned that when I come across something I think I might like, buy it...because someone else will tomorrow.

Thanks for asking...
Heal Well.

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your business!

We have had less than 20 Ruger 1911's in the short time Ruger has been
building them. I think all have gone to customers with deposit's.

My guess is that today no gun shop in the Portland area has a Ruger 1911 in stock,
at a fair price, say less than $700.

On a very hard to get firearm, we take a $100.00 deposit, and then we hold the firearm
for the customer when we finally get it. The deposit is fully refundable.

We would like to have the Keltec KSG for customers, but Keltec's are in very short supply.
And the KSG is impossible so far.

This morning I printed a report of our top 100 firearms by sales in 2012, tomorrow I will
be doing our weekly order with our biggest suppliers. I bet we will not find 15 out of the list
of 100 in stock at our suppliers. This is very different than at this time last year. It makes
what I do for our store a lot harder.

Have good weekend,

Karl
Thanks for the info. I know that the two guns I mentioned are in very short supply right now, but then again so is my cash. But we'll see when I am ready to get on the waiting list, I'll remember about your deposit procedure. Thanks and I'm having a great weekend. Hope yours is going well.

Hi Rolandson,

Very good choices,

My personal interest in firearms at this time is custom Winchester M/70's for big game hunting,

But I like Sig handguns,

I have had the same handguns for a long time,

A Sig P228, Sig P220, SW M/642, SW M/66 & a Seecamp 32. All for over 15 years.

I did add a Sig P232 (Blue w/Alloy frame) & a SW M/329 44 mag (for hunting) about 2 years ago.

I think a Sig P232 is the best .380 on the market, but the small 9's(Ruger, Kahr, etc) and newer .380 (like the LCP)
are huge sellers today.

The hard thing for me about working in retail is having the right inventory, what the customers want. With retail new firearms
business being a cost plus 10% mark up, a shop must sell a new firearms in less than 90 days to make money. That said this
week we sold the oldest new gun in our inventory, it was from the end of 2010. I believe now the oldest new firearm in
our inventory is less than a year old. I believe that is also a good thing for our customers. Getting a current, up to date firearm.

I need to add a few more different Sig's to our inventory.

Thank you for taking the time to tell me about your purchases,

Karl

I've purchased at NW Armory before, and even traded in some handguns. I got a much better trade in on my handguns than I thought I would, and the new prices are very competitive. I've always received good customer service. Fast and easy. A few of the employees in Clatskanie, "sporties", are very good also. However, their prices are much higher. I have saved over $200 on 2 handguns by buying them at NW Armory, rather than Sporties in clatskanie, minus about $10 in gas. If you know what you want, just buy it and don't listen to someone elses opinion if you don't agreee with it, because that's all it is, an opinion. I've also been to Keith's twice, but they were a little rude.

Because I live in Rainier I frequent Sporty's. And a piece of advise when shopping there...all gun prices are negotiable. When I bought my PPQ he asking price was the same as NW and Keith's, but I got Sporty's to throw in 2 boxes of Blazer FMJ and 1 box of Critical Defense. Every purchase I've made there I either got a lower price on the gun or some freebies. You just gotta ask, I think Sporty likes to negotiate a bit.

I've purchased at NW Armory before, and even traded in some handguns. I got a much better trade in on my handguns than I thought I would, and the new prices are very competitive. I've always received good customer service. Fast and easy. A few of the employees in Clatskanie, "sporties", are very good also. However, their prices are much higher. I have saved over $200 on 2 handguns by buying them at NW Armory, rather than Sporties in clatskanie, minus about $10 in gas. If you know what you want, just buy it and don't listen to someone elses opinion if you don't agreee with it, because that's all it is, an opinion. I've also been to Keith's twice, but they were a little rude.

...I need to add a few more different Sig's to our inventory.
And thank you for taking the time to respond.

I recall a few years back in your shop, being showed a consigned German Sig 228 9mm that was absolutely mint / unfired, offered for a little over $500...I passed and have regretted that ever since.

I am waiting for the arrival of the new 224's...but with a caveat of course...that of being reasonably certain that Sig has the bugs worked out before I bite. It's got to be tough in your position figuring out how to stock inventory knowing that there is interest and hesitation accompanying the introduction of a new item...

Hi Jason,

Thank you for visiting and shopping at our place of business.

Was not Saturday crazy! We might have had the most customers in one day than any other day in our twenty years.

First what make & model AR were you looking at? Please note we have not dropped any AR's from our inventory, but we
are out of stock on many models as of today. As of today none of our main suppliers has any AR's, 223 & 9mm bulk ammo &
most semi-auto pistols in stock, NOT ANY. Two weeks ago we could restock most of our inventory.

In the future, please note for a $100 deposit, totally refundable, we can hold a firearm for a short time.

Second, we do not have floor models on Red Dot scopes, But I would like to make it right and have you be
happy. I had minor knee surgery late this afternoon, please wait about a week and ask for me, give me a chance.

Good evening,

Karl
Karl,
First of all, thanks for replying, been busy and have not had time to reply. I was looking for the Bushmaster MOE. I was never gave the option to put a hold on it and i asked the young kid if i could and he told me sorry, "first come first serve, and if its sold, he can order me one and recieve it in a week" As for the red dots, i got a vortex strikefire. He went in the back to look for one, but you where out, only one you had was the one in the cabinet by the computer you do your background checks. He said the battery was weak and looked for another but did not have one, so i was not worried about it. \I did see ammo prices went up. Kinda sad that the federal 5.56mm went from 5.99 to 7.99. Its getting bad everywhere tho, i understand. Obama is our best guns and ammo seller we ever had. I am not looking for a hook up, i bought an XD from you 2 weeeks ago, so i am not even worried about it.

Karl:

I've tried emailing NW Armory a couple of times using the contact link and form on your website but have not had any response whatsoever. So, either I'm being ignored (which I highly doubt, given your good customer service) or your contact form is not working correctly.

So anyway, here's the question - What do you charge for FFL transfers?

Thanks Karl. Oh, and I do have a product suggestion for you to carry. <broken link removed> (add yourself to their <broken link removed>)- I love them and just had to order one for my latest acquisition. I would rather have been able to come in and buy one so I didn't have to wait.

Bob

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.