JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Northern Red will be coming to Douglas Ridge Rifle Club Sept 12th and 13th (Sat-Sun) for a two day pistol/carbine Gunfighter course.

I've witnessed JD's instruction first hand, and he's a top notch instructor. They recommend 400 rds of pistol and 400 rds of carbine ammo for this class.

Price is $600 total for the weekend.

Hope to see some of you out there.

Ahhh, no. No you will not

I understand not everyone can afford a class such as this one. I would have given the same response a few years back. For those who can afford to attend though, I can assure you the level of training and experience you'll receive are well worth it!

$600 for 2 days is expensive for tuition when compared to other schools. But if your a local then this is still a good deal because you dont have to buy plane tickets, fly with weapons, ship ammo, pay for rental car, pay for motel, and take time off work for travel. These types of big name classes are rare to be offered in our area.

prerequisites.... formal instruction from an accredited school or professional academy

Why are they requiring prerequisites when the course outline says they are only covering beginner material? Is the course outline correct? Are they covering anything else not mentioned in the outline?

$600 for 2 days is expensive for tuition when compared to other schools. But if your a local then this is still a good deal because you dont have to buy plane tickets, fly with weapons, ship ammo, pay for rental car, pay for motel, and take time off work for travel. These types of big name classes are rare to be offered in our area.
I believe Redback One is $550 for a 2 day class, so it's not too far off. But yes, it's local and a weekend, so that can often be a benefit for some.

Why are they requiring prerequisites when the course outline says they are only covering beginner material? Is the course outline correct? Are they covering anything else not mentioned in the outline?
I think they are saying you need to have SOME experience with the platform. A complete newbie would probably be out of place in this level of class, but as long as you can manipulate both your pistol and carbine somewhat efficiently, you should be good to go.

I watched the class Northern Red taught at DRRC a few years ago. My wife and two friends attended. JD gave a beginners pistol (2 day) class and on day two he had them doing EXTREMELY advanced weapons manipulation. They definitely got their money's worth.

For Redback One you can sign up for either one or both

Aug 17-18 CQCS pistol $525 (pistol rounds 1000)
Aug 19-20 CQCS carbine $525 (carbine rounds 1000, pistol rounds 400)

They are level 2 classes with prerequisites.

For Redback One you can sign up for either one or both

Aug 17-18 CQCS pistol $525 (pistol rounds 1000)
Aug 19-20 CQCS carbine $525 (carbine rounds 1000, pistol rounds 400)

They are level 2 classes with prerequisites.
I believe this is correct.

I could hook you up. Additionally, the Redback One classes have been unfortunately cancelled due to a lack of enrollment. So far the Northern Red class is still a go.

I have been reading the AARs of Northern Red classes on the forum www.LightFighter.net Their classes sound really intense and I like their use of PRA drills that will accelerate your process through the OODA cycle. Example http://www.lightfighter.net/topic/a...l-gunfighter-may-5-6-2012-north-versailles-pa
I've seen JD teach in person. It was a "beginner" pistol class (2 days).

By the 2nd day, they were doing extrely advanced training. The kind of things I've done in an advanced pistol class.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top