JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody shoot around Northbend, WA?

I use to go to exit #42/tinkham road off I-90E. after exiting take a left at the stop sign and go straight until you see a gravel road, park. unload and trek up the hill to a gravel pit type place except there are mounds of lumber 70ft in front of you and the backstop is the lumber/dirt/wall of the mountain. i have heard people tell me its illegal to discharge firearms on tinkham road but i have seen many people shoot up there, while they say its perfectly fine. i have seen no signs or have found anything online saying its illegal.

2mpla55.jpg

35n28fn.jpg

another place I have gone to is exit #27, take a right at the stop sign park next to the giant boulders blocking off a road. jump over them and walk on the closed road until you see a grassy hill. thats where i sometimes shoot as well as some other dudes.

anybody shoot at those two places. i want to find other places around seattle to shoot.

From what i hear as long as you are a quarter mile or more from any public road and not inside city limits and not on private property you can shoot. Thanks for the info.

Determining private property from Forest Service land can be difficult. If you look at a map, it's literally a patchwork of property ownership. We got kicked off of Weyerhaeuser land up by North Bend - had no idea it was their land.

I was up 410 by crystal about a half mile off the road and my friend swore he heard sirens and so he went to check. He was gone for about 5 minutes so i decided to check it out. Walked out into a blaring megaphone and two forest service guys with guns drawn telling me to drop it lol. I expalined the situation and showed them that we where picking up all our crap and brass and had a good backstop and where not shooting up the landscape and they where cool about it. They sure hassled us at first though.

Matt

I was up 410 by crystal about a half mile off the road and my friend swore he heard sirens and so he went to check. He was gone for about 5 minutes so i decided to check it out. Walked out into a blaring megaphone and two forest service guys with guns drawn telling me to drop it lol. I expalined the situation and showed them that we where picking up all our crap and brass and had a good backstop and where not shooting up the landscape and they where cool about it. They sure hassled us at first though.

Matt

Good to know that they were cool about it once the situation was explained. Did they let you continue to shoot or did they run you off?

And kudos to you for cleaning up after yourselves!! :s0155:

i got an update

"Robert,

Your e-mail reference where to shoot around the North Bend area was forwarded to me. For the past four years I have been working a coop position with the U.S. Forest Service. The only shooting area allowed by the Forest Service, is Exit 42 ( Tinkham Road ). Go about 4.5 miles eastbound on Tinkham road and then turn right up F/S road 5510. Once you are on F/S road 5510, continue up the hill until you go about 3.8 miles. The shooting pit will be to the left of the road.

This location is the only designated shoot area from North Bend to Snoqualmie Pass. I hope this information will help you.

Deputy W.B. Naylor"

i got an update

"Robert,

Your e-mail reference where to shoot around the North Bend area was forwarded to me. For the past four years I have been working a coop position with the U.S. Forest Service. The only shooting area allowed by the Forest Service, is Exit 42 ( Tinkham Road ). Go about 4.5 miles eastbound on Tinkham road and then turn right up F/S road 5510. Once you are on F/S road 5510, continue up the hill until you go about 3.8 miles. The shooting pit will be to the left of the road.

This location is the only designated shoot area from North Bend to Snoqualmie Pass. I hope this information will help you.

Deputy W.B. Naylor"

Is this the same place as the first posting?? If not, next time you're up there, take some pics and post 'em up along with your impressions of the site. :s0155:

I was just up at the spot mentioned off exit #42. Covered with snow, but it's hard packed so you can walk on it okay. It's hard to tell form the picture, but the problem with this spot is you're shooting uphill- there are no flat spots unless you shoot perpendicular to the mound- which isn't a good idea. Still, if you wanna get some rounds off for free...

I was also told that while this spot might not technically be legal, the Sheriffs don't hassle anyone. Personally I take all my hulls and cases with my when I leave(I lay down a tarp) but as you can see in the picture there's tons of **** littered everywhere...I can only assume this littering will one day lead to the spot being closed off.

Any shooting off of exit #27 is highly illegal, the OP should count his blessings he didn't get caught doing there.

I just got back from off-roading and shooting off of the Tinkham exit.

There is a quite a bit of snow (1 to 1 1/2 feet) on the ground and burnt out car in the middle of the road about 100yds off of the paved entrance... We were the first to go around it :)

Anyways, if you don't have a quite capable 4x4 vehicle, don't waste your time. This includes bringing things to get yourself unstuck. I promise you, you will get stuck trying to get around the burnt car...our ruts/holes are gigantic and we needed to use our extra truck to get out.

I just got back from off-roading and shooting off of the Tinkham exit.

There is a quite a bit of snow (1 to 1 1/2 feet) on the ground and burnt out car in the middle of the road about 100yds off of the paved entrance... We were the first to go around it :)

Anyways, if you don't have a quite capable 4x4 vehicle, don't waste your time. This includes bringing things to get yourself unstuck. I promise you, you will get stuck trying to get around the burnt car...our ruts/holes are gigantic and we needed to use our extra truck to get out.

I tried to go up there today but didn't make it all the way to the spot in my Pathfinder (didn't want to try as I was alone and didn't have a shovel to dig myself out). Just a note - the road from the exit 42 side is completely washed out; but I drove up to the Asahel Curtis exit and found the burnt-out (and shot up) car.

I tried to go up there today but didn't make it all the way to the spot in my Pathfinder (didn't want to try as I was alone and didn't have a shovel to dig myself out). Just a note - the road from the exit 42 side is completely washed out; but I drove up to the Asahel Curtis exit and found the burnt-out (and shot up) car.

Seems like everything is washed out after the crazy flooding we had. :(

i got an update

"Robert,

Deputy W.B. Naylor"

This spot is awesome and totally legit, just went up there to shoot 12 guage and mosin nagant.

The other spot (the first one you posted) is not good.
There has clearly been shooting there however we spoke to a ranger there and he said we had to go to the one at the top of the hill. Not that we minded, the one just off the exit is way to close to I-90.

My wife had no problem driving my Grand Prix to the legit spot, so there should be no problem getting there.

The pit mentioned in the letter is a good one, I've been goin there for awhile and there's never been to many people up there, and people including myself tend to keep it pretty clean. Last time I went up there there was some snow but it's deffinetly doable. The quicker way to get there is if you take exit 47 off I-90. Take a right after getting of I-90 then another right onto the forest service road, drive until you can go left or right and hit the left and follow it all the way up and you'll run into the pit in about 10 -15 minutes time. Also please keep it clean, It's a safe and fun spot, and those are gettin hard to come by.

i got an update

"Robert,

Deputy W.B. Naylor"

Nice, but WHUUTT?
Since when does the FS have to designate a place to shoot? Last I looked those were our national forests! Assuming all laws and safety considerations are met. If not, it's news to me!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top