JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I will be there. What can I bring?
Excellent. The next get together will be on 8/27. @Cogs will post a new thread in the event section soon and we'll move the discussion there.
Events & Get Togethers (https://www.northwestfirearms.com/forums/events-get-togethers.10/)

We will do our usual clean up in the morning 9-11 and then lunch followed by target shooting.

Our usual needs are barbeque stuff (burgers, buns, condiments, water, hot dogs, etc). We usually have tables and canopies covered but extra chairs are good. Then also bring something to shoot, acceptable targets (steel gongs, paper targets, etc) and plenty of water since it will probably be warm.

I went up last Sunday and the new sites are fantastic. I really hope that we can all work to keep them maintained and clean. We used site #3 and were sure to take our brass, trash and targets and the very little bit of others that was lying around when we arrived.

I am not sure I can make the 8/27 event, but I certainly will try. Having an outdoor, accessible location to shoot is worth the effort and time. Thanks to all of those that have worked on the previous clean-up and improvement projects for these sites.

Snapped a couple pics, it was a beautiful day to shoot!

GJK

20160724_143427.jpg 20160724_143424.jpg 20160724_143405.jpg

I am going to head out there tomorrow (7-30-16) morning to do some plinking, if anyone wants to join or hang out, a buddy of mine is supposed to show up as well, I'm thinking a bout getting there around 830

I need to try out my new xdm 40cal I was thinking of going to the rock pit over by Browns camp but wasn't sure if it's still open for shooting but now that I see this new shooting area I think I'll go there.

I was out there this morning, all by myself at #4 for about an hour, then some guys showed up shooting clays, and another guy brought a cool gong, looked like he built the setup, it was about 5-6 feet off the ground. I told them about NF , nice people. It was also clean, but I'm not sure how long that berm is going to last :) ,

I was up there this morning in the number one spot it was roughly a little before 9 o'clock when I got up there. It's a very nice spot everything was clean a little bit of brass on the ground nothing much I wish i would have known ahead of time that there is no place to hang your target Next time I'll bring my own. I'll fab one or two up at work. Sometimes it comes in handy working at a metal shop and running a waterjet machine.

We rolled up there this AM bout 9ish it was perfect weather, hit lane 2 to find this:
20160731_090412[1].jpg
We did some shooting (had a lot of fun) then: 20160731_123557[1].jpg
Left it looking like this:
20160731_123303[1].jpg

Thanks to everyone who provided this amazing place to shoot my wife and.
I had a lot of fun and got to shoot my new AR! 20160731_122037[1].jpg

Looks good.

Remember. Clays are biodegradable. They will disappear over time.

awesome job! even though they degrade over time I tend to pick up the clays too.
I try to step on them real good and grind them a little. Helps the process along. Otherwise they are pretty much just clay, like the berms at these sights. Plus some non toxic coloring.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top