JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all,

This Saturday 7-23-16 NWFA along with Oregon Department of Forestry will be reopening the newly "Fire Safe" sights at north wolf creek.

I know there is a clean up organized for this Saturday in Mt hood, but if your available and would like to come and enjoy the new sites. Reply here.

So far we plan to have a shooter info booth, a small to large barbecue and a shoot out.

If you want to come post here and let me know what your able to bring.

I'll be bring a BBQ, stovetop, as well as the NWFA tables and canopies.

This is an exciting time for recreational shooters. These sites will be used to show Salem that this type of fire improvement will reduce fire risks as well as provide recreational use to shooters that is safe and easy to use.

Thanks!

Reno911

Please join us!

Google Map Link: To meeting area...
Google Maps (https://goo.gl/maps/a1ggSRfp1i32)

GPS Coordinance:
45.784994, -123.365024

Directions to base camp meeting area; From Hwy 26 & Hwy 217 in Beaverton,
go West on Hwy 26 for 36 miles and turn Right on North Fork Wolf Creek Rd.
Follow North Fork Wolf Creek Rd, stay to the Right at the first Wye.
Follow to the end.

Items needed:

Hotdogs
Buns
Water Bottles
Soda Pop
Ketchup
Mustard
Relish
Sides? Chips...
Cookies?

@bolus bacon (caugh caugh ;))

231019-fed105779644819905d0938bbc4975b8.jpg

Last Edited:
I'll be there. Not sure where we want put the info booth but I will have tables and canopy as well. I got the NWFA banner from Joe today as well. If we are having a get together we might as well set your stuff up at the top so we have the longest range to use.

Sounds good to me. I can bring paper plates since I bring them anyway for targets. What else is needed? What time do you guys plan on being out there?

I think @Cogs had a good idea to make this a mini grand opening and then have a larger one in August so it wont be so short notice and we can get more people involved (especially sponsors)
I like this idea. That way those involved can better participate.

As for this weekend maybe let's try and do hotdogs only? Maybe some sides and water and drinks?

Add the info booth and folks from ODF and those that just drive up anyways and we should have a decent showing.

I'll edit my first post once off work with this update as well as a list of stuff to bring Saturday.

I'll likely get there early, around 8:30-9 to start set up and ensure the top location is available.

Jason and I will set up the mini information booth along N Fork Wolf creek rd before the turn out for the range. It will be at the small clearing area where the dumpster was last clean up

Google Maps (https://www.google.com/maps/dir//45.781658,-123.3575093/@45.781856,-123.3582612,360m/data=!3m1!1e3)

I'm meeting him at 9:00 am and we'll stay for ~2 hours. if someone wants to join us or take over for a little bit that would be great. I'll set up a table, have the NWFA banner and some paper targets to give out. Jason will have the target shooting rules.

Jason and I will set up the mini information booth along N Fork Wolf creek rd before the turn out for the range. It will be at the small clearing area where the dumpster was last clean up

Google Maps (https://www.google.com/maps/dir//45.781658,-123.3575093/@45.781856,-123.3582612,360m/data=!3m1!1e3)

I'm meeting him at 9:00 am and we'll stay for ~2 hours. if someone wants to join us or take over for a little bit that would be great. I'll set up a table, have the NWFA banner and some paper targets to give out. Jason will have the target shooting rules.

Would it be best to set up the grub there? Or should we just scrub the idea for a BBQ this go around and wait till August?

I'll be bringing my BBQ and some dogs. So if your able to bring some food or condiments or drinks post here.

Might be a small gathering up top for the BBQ but I'll be hanging out talking about the sites and such for a while while @bolus and Jason with ODF will be down at one of the lower turn outs manning the NWFA info booth.

This will be more like a hang out, shoot, and BBQ thing. Less formal clean up organization and such. Just the fun parts.

So if you can contribute and come shoot. I see you there!

I got 24 burgers with buns, onion, tomato and lettuce, chips, ketchup, mustard, relish, plates and napkins. I made 15 paper targets on wood stakes to give out for shooting or vampires.

I'm grabbing a pack of dogs and buns from Costco. Probably a 36 pack of soda to feed the can cannon, might drink a couple too.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top