JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My wife and I have visited the waterfalls several times, and they are fantastic. If you are inclined to make a daytrip that includes some very easy hiking, I highly recommend visiting the Thundering Waters website and downloading the .pdf document, then hit the road.

In my morning paper, on the cover of the sports page, is a picture of kayaker Chris Korbulic descending Toketee Falls. I've been there, it's my favorite waterfall so far, and I can tell you this guy must be nuts! The paper's website requires registration, so I will point you to THIS site for even better pictures. Chris Korbulic was in the news recently when his guide wad eaten by a croc while kayaking in Congo.

Do yourself a favor by kidnapping your significant other for the day and go see the falls before winter, and leave the kayak at home.

I'm assuming again, in that many here are in the Portland area. Even that is a stretch for day tripping now that I think of it. :huh: <Duh!

In that case, although not exactly economy class lodging, the Steamboat Inn certainly is worth the expense. It puts you very near the beginning of the falls tour. This place will make the wife/girl friend/whatever very happy and makes for a great vacation.

Steamboat Inn has great accommodations and terrific salmon dinners with salmon caught in the river fresh. If your budget is more pedestrian the Illahee Inn in Glide is more of a motel with a restaurant with good food and EXCELLENT deserts. For even cheaper accommodations there is Roseburg. Camping at whistler Bend is cheaper still and a good starting spot down river. Great areas for motorcycling as well.

My wife and I have visited the waterfalls several times, and they are fantastic. If you are inclined to make a daytrip that includes some very easy hiking, I highly recommend visiting the Thundering Waters website and downloading the .pdf document, then hit the road.

In my morning paper, on the cover of the sports page, is a picture of kayaker Chris Korbulic descending Toketee Falls. I've been there, it's my favorite waterfall so far, and I can tell you this guy must be nuts! The paper's website requires registration, so I will point you to THIS site for even better pictures. Chris Korbulic was in the news recently when his guide wad eaten by a croc while kayaking in Congo.

Do yourself a favor by kidnapping your significant other for the day and go see the falls before winter, and leave the kayak at home.

Toketee is really a great waterfall. Since they upgraded the path and the viewing area it really is a joy to visit. I also like Steamboat Falls as well as the Little Falls on the Steamboat (about 1 mile up off the highway junction). Lemolo Falls is also pretty fantastic especially this year with the high water. On dry years I've sat on a flat spot in the middle of Steamboat Falls and watched Steelhead try to jump the falls within arms reach of me. Little Falls is a great swimming hole. I dislocated my shoulder there when I slipped on a rock and braced myself as I fell.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top