JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, I'm no Jonny Horton and I'm certainly not Sam McGee , but I'm headed that way just the same. So much for my 5 year goal to move back , in the day.
I've perfected my career though not perfect , followed misguided loyalties and had my share of blind ambitions . Mix that with too much procrastination and you get what we have here. A deep yearning to return to where I belong.
I'm also depending on the indirect and direct help from strangers , not simply running off to a red state .
I've driven the AlCan hyway 6 times , the last time was in '86 , so much for 5 year goals . I wanted to do that one last time but after recently talking to the good folks at our northern border, not so much. I wanted to give them my business , but they go too far currently with all their unbelievable nonsense .
It looks like time for one good swim ahead of me.
So , yep , I'm here to say as a friend mentioned not to have my gun side crowded .
Wish me luck , and hopefully I'll be fishing the midnight sun out of my favorite lake for the rest of my life. 100_2668.JPG

I'm not there yet , but thanks for the replies. I will be selling off my items here to help with the trip. If you're in the market and happen to see something that interests you , we can talk more

Safe travels and following seas on your journey north to Alaska.
My son is near the end of his 20 year enlistment with the USCG and will be retiring up in Alaska.
I'm gonna be guided in everything that makes Alaska great, hunting, fishing and drinking mass quantities of good whiskey… :s0005:

Enjoy the journey, driving to Alaska is on my bucket list. I see that fuel costs in Canada are higher than the already expensive prices in Oregon and Washington.
I was looking forward to the drive , but after talking to a border agent and hearing of the nonsense they want you to go through I won't have it.
Some people have said , sure no problems just take your id , passport , make sure your animal doesn't have rabies and you're good to go. Not true , they tell a different story .

My son always took the ferry out of Bellingham due to his arsenal.
The Alaska Marine Hyway System has also adopted the nonsense , even with all that free healthy salt air . They require a signed affidavit attesting under federal perjury of testing for a ride on a boat.
People have to say when is enough .

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODFW supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODFW supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

The getting out and doing things in the wilds and helping the animals and land is a good thing for sure.
I had a great opportunity years back to get in on an entry level position to clean salmon spawning streams , build park trails and even learnt to bull cook .
If there were more programs like that maybe the purple haired kids would put down the tie dye .

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top