Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

north of spokane get together

Discussion in 'Events & Get Togethers' started by kurt, Feb 10, 2016.

1. kurt

kurt washington New Member

just wanted to ask if there were any get together coffee target shooting or so going on im new to this stuff

2. Cameron72

Cameron72 Harrington, WA Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Maybe north of Portland but not Spokane.

Welcome!!

3. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

I grew up in Spokane. You will have a better chance if you go west of town. Head out on highway 2 west. Go to the town of Creston and turn left...south. There is 12,500 acres of DNR land called "Swanson Lake". There is lots of places out there to shoot. From Spokane it is about an hour drive. I killed a really nice 3x3 Mule deer out there.
    There also is an actual gun range east of Spokane in an area called "Mica" not quite Liberty Lake. I don't remember the road names but I can drive right to it.

4. Plinker300

Plinker300 Spokane, WA Member

Welcome to Spokane!:D I am in the Spokane Valley area. You will find a group over on Spokane Gun Trader.com - not as large a reach as NWFA, but decent. What type of target shooting are you looking for? (Indoor/outdoor, steel plate, competition, etc)

5. Cameron72

Cameron72 Harrington, WA Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Good call!! SGT is GTG!!

6. kurt

kurt washington New Member

thanks for the welcome like steel plate out doors

7. Plinker300

Plinker300 Spokane, WA Member

Mica Peak range is probably the closest, depending on where you are. If you look up the town of Mica on a map, it'll give you a good idea of whether it's worth your time. You can also look up Rock Lake rifle range. It's a haul from anywhere..