JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi there from just north of Seattle.

I spend some time on High Road and got the invite from over there.

I like shooting trap, handguns and have recently got more into rifle shooting. I'm not a very good shot, but I enjoy the sport. Favorite guns are my Remington 11-87, S&W 60 3" (no lock) and CZ-452 LUX .22lr.

I used to bird hunt (mostly upland), but haven't in years. Never gone after any deer/elk/etc, but would like to try someday. I don't really care if I get anything - I just like tromping around in the woods.

I'd like to try some competitive shooting sports like IDPA or maybe Cowboy Shooting (if I can ever buy all the guns and gear).

Other "stuff" I do: travel (trying to visit all of the National Park lodges, been to Europe several times), tinkering with my Triumph TR7 (which I should just get rid of), custom knife collecting (hunting, cooking knives - Murray Carter, etc.,), cook (I do most of the cooking in my house), scotch/whiskey collecting (Ardbeg is high on my list now), reading SciFi/Fantasy (Robert Howard's Conan stories) and history (reading a history of Rum), hiking (Forest Service volunteer for several years), and puttering around the house.

I'm looking forward to being part of this new board and maybe meeting some other folks around Seattle who shoot. It would be nice to talk with people who don't give you "the look" when you tell them you went shooting over the weekend.

Tinkering with a Triumph? I didn't see masochism explicitly listed among the things you enjoy? I had a Spitfire in high school, and a GT6+ in college, and spent many a weekend balancing carbs, rebuilding hydraulics, etc. I've since discovered something called a "new car warranty", and I'm much happier. ;)
Come down to Renton Fish & Game Club on the 20th, and check out IDPA. We shoot on the third Saturday of every month. This month is a special Back-Up Gun match, with courses of fire somewhat tailored for snubbies.

When I say "tinkering", I really mean "letting it sit in the garage, dripping oil all over the floor". I'm actually not very good at working on it. Of the two shops that do work on them, one won't work on 7's and the other doesn't know what they are doing. It's hogging-up valuable garage space & I really need to get rid of it, but I just can't bring myself to do it for some reason...

I'm a member at RF&G, but have never shot IDPA there. I need to sign up one of these times. Funny thing is that I signed up for RG&G membership a few months ago... and haven't been back since. Too busy and shooting my new AR at the Issaquah range. RF&G frowns upon EBRs....

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top