JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Newer to shooting in the NW and I'm looking for a place to stretch my legs. Want at least 500 yards for practice with my F class rifle. The only 500 yards range up here is Seattle Rifle & Pistol Assoc. near Lake Stevens. I've singed up for the waiting list but they said 3 years minimum until I get the call. Have been to Plantation already but only 300 yards. Been to Kenmore but you have to be a member to shoot on the 300 yard patch.

Just recently was told to go about 10 miles up Sultan Basin Rd but couldn't find anywhere that wasn't currently been logged, without 'no shooting' signs posted or gave me anything more than about 250 yards.

Willing to drive an hour or so from the Everett area.

Any ideas????

PS Don't worry! I won't trash anything. I keep all my brass and retrieve and file my paper target!

No point joining up at Seattle rifle and pistol assoc, there are only certian times when the 500yd range can be used since it is set up to shoot over the shorter rifle range. I just go to the F-class matches and the practices. The matches are $12 and the practices are cheaper if I rember correctly. Infact there's a practice there tommarow 9:30 am... I'll be there, maybe some of you wil too. Since these events are held fairly regularly, I don't feel there's much point in joining up.

Cascade Shooting Facilities (formerly Cascade Rifle and Pistol Club) has a 600 yard range but you've got to be a member and you need to demonstrate the ability to not hit the 200 yard firing line shed roof to a club High Power officer before being allowed to shoot on that particular range. Both requirements are pretty painless but they do require a little pre-planning. The good news is that once you're cleared to shoot on the 600 yard range you'll find that the hassle of getting approved to shoot on it means that you'll likely be the only person using the range while you're there :) I'd say that nine times out of ten, the 600 yard line is completely vacant when I've been out there.

The other issue is that it's a bit south. From Monroe it takes me about an hour and twenty minutes to get there. From Everett it would probably be about the same if you took 405. I don't mind driving that far for a nice range but it seems to be a big obstacle for a lot of people. It's also 50BMG friendly.

Overall it is a very nice facility and I'm surprised that more people don't shoot there. I can take guests if anyone wants go and check it out.

Here's an aerial photo of the range:

From left to right - 100yd archery range; 200yd multipurpose range (with trap house); 200yd rifle range; 600yd rifle range; pistol range.
RangePhotoWeb.JPG

That said, it would sure be nice to find a closer long range spot for days when I driving down there isn't practical.

Well looks like I have some more questions for Seattle. I have looked at cascade but it is too far. More so when considering I'd have traffic to deal with in that direction. Cascades facilities do look nice however. Thanks for the info.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top