JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The logged area to the right of lane 4 might have a good vantage point for monitoring and surveillance.

This is exactly what we don't need, someone watching everywhere we go.

I understand your concerns and have sympathy towards them, but when someone goes out in the woods they should have somewhat of an assumption of privacy.

We are bombarded by being videoed on every street corner, keep this crap out of the forest. Not everyone wants a video camera on him every second.

If your there and someone is doing something dangerously illegal by all means make a report, or if you feel safe mention it to them.

If it's something that's not illegal and you don't agree with it.
Mind your own business!!!

This has the context of turn your neighbor in !!

Last Edited:
This is exactly what we don't need, someone watching everywhere we go.

I understand your concerns and have sympathy towards them, but when someone goes out in the woods they should have somewhat of an assumption of privacy.

We are bombarded by being videoed on every street corner, keep this crap out of the forest. Not everyone wants a video camera on him every second.

If your there and someone is doing something dangerously illegal by all means make a report, or if you feel safe mention it to them.

If it's something that's not illegal and you don't agree with it.
Mind your own business!!!

This has the context of turn your neighbor in !!
Someone suggested looking for a potential spot for surveillance of vandalism on lane 4 and I threw out a possible location. You should read all the posts above. It has everything to do with illegal activity and the potential of getting these areas closed off to recreational target shooting.

I would agree with Timbertodd, especially if they are only used on known problem areas on known problem times and days, such as lanes #3&4 on the 4th of July. While I sympathize with Doublesunder, video surveillance has gotten a bit our of control these days, I believe the presumption of privacy on public lands is unrealistic, not to mention having no legal bases.

If it were truly public lands it would be different. These are state owned lands open for public recreational use.

IE, if they wanted surveillance, they would have surveillance.

It's weird I have to repeat this so often.

Just like if a store wanted to follow me out and ask for a sales receipt? I'll gladly show them quickly so they can get back to busting punk thieves! I'd welcome being videoed at the range if it will get the pigs busted! If so many people hadn't turned it to disrespectful dirt bags we wouldn't NEED to watch them.

If it were truly public lands it would be different. These are state owned lands open for public recreational use.

IE, if they wanted surveillance, they would have surveillance.

It's weird I have to repeat this so often.
I may have used the incorrect term, I meant public areas, regardless of who owns it, the presumption of privacy, aside from restrooms and areas otherwise posted as restricted, is not a basis for any legal objection.

These little guys make quick work of shot shells.

Long Reach Magnetic Pickup Tool with Quick Release

image_15148.jpg

Sounds like you have it covered for next time then ;)

There was also brass that I figure could get collected with the rake as well. A bunch of paper targets, some broken glass, and random other crap. I didn't have gloves with me, I'll come better prepared next time. I think I'll make it a goal to fill a 5 gallon bucket for every person with me that day. Every little bit helps. More hands makes less work.

Greatly appreciated, all and any efforts to keep the lanes clean goes a long ways towards their future.

There was also brass that I figure could get collected with the rake as well. A bunch of paper targets, some broken glass, and random other crap. I didn't have gloves with me, I'll come better prepared next time. I think I'll make it a goal to fill a 5 gallon bucket for every person with me that day. Every little bit helps. More hands makes less work.
YES! Grab on some ownership in these lanes! Right on, PM! We all need to chip in and do what we can to help keep these lanes open and encourage more! Thanks!

Hmm, I haven't heard anything about it being closed. @Cogs or @Reno911 any word?
No closures that I'm aware of.

Some folks like to do some silly stuff to keep the areas to themselves, my guess is some yahoo thought this would stop folks from entering.

If you see this type of stuff. Please take a picture. Or call the ODF office at 503-357-2191 and let them know. They can contact the local authorities and send someone out to the area if something funky is going on.

You can also call them to check on closures. However, they usually do a good job of letting us know so we can let you guys know.

Also ODF lists any closure on their site.
State of Oregon: Recreation - Target Shooting

You know, I would assume active members from NWFA cleans up after themselves. And I believe there are frequent users from here. How is it that the lanes are filled with the same crap every week or two? Isn't it about time to put some gentle messages on the jersey barriers recommending cleaning up after yourselves? There must be some real pigs that go out there when everything's clean, and then just leave a bunch of their shotgun shells there.

I'm disgusted just reading about it. And is anyone talking about a clean-up of the beaver dam pit? It must be about knee deep over there by now.

You know, I would assume active members from NWFA cleans up after themselves. And I believe there are frequent users from here. How is it that the lanes are filled with the same crap every week or two? Isn't it about time to put some gentle messages on the jersey barriers recommending cleaning up after yourselves? There must be some real pigs that go out there when everything's clean, and then just leave a bunch of their shotgun shells there.

I'm disgusted just reading about it. And is anyone talking about a clean-up of the beaver dam pit? It must be about knee deep over there by now.
We have a Tillamook clean up in August, the pit may end up being the location for it.

I often wonder if people are getting a mindset that it's okay to leave the trash because there's a bunch of do goodies cleaning it up for everyone.

I hear ya, Mike! Chaps my behind too!

No closures that I'm aware of.

Some folks like to do some silly stuff to keep the areas to themselves, my guess is some yahoo thought this would stop folks from entering.

If you see this type of stuff. Please take a picture. Or call the ODF office at 503-357-2191 and let them know. They can contact the local authorities and send someone out to the area if something funky is going on.

You can also call them to check on closures. However, they usually do a good job of letting us know so we can let you guys know.

Also ODF lists any closure on their site.
State of Oregon: Recreation - Target Shooting

Thought about taking a pic when I was leaving, not sure why I didn't. More irritated I drove out there and it was chained off with a sign. Could've went to browns camp instead. The trash people leave is ridiculous, that's how shooting spots get closed.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top