Northwest Firearms
Google Maps - Google Chrome_2016-11-03_19-43-41.png
Northwest Firearms
Google Maps - Google Chrome_2016-11-03_19-43-41.png
After Party 8-27-16 5.jpg
site1finished.jpg
Google Maps - Google Chrome_2016-11-03_19-43-41.png After Party 8-27-16 5.jpg site1finished.jpg
Tags:
  1. Cosimel

Cosimel
    Beaverton
    Active Member 2018 Volunteer

I would seriously doubt the group I met had anything to do with the graffiti since they are anti-fascist as well. They were, for the most part, responsible and respectful people.

F2CMaDMaXX and Kristina like this.
  2. ConcernedCitizen

ConcernedCitizen
    Tigard/Tualatin
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2018 Volunteer

Glad to hear it!

3. Cogs

Cogs
    Washougal, WA.
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer 2018 Volunteer

We need photo's &/or video, descriptions, lic plate numbers and details in order to start correcting this problem. Citations and criminal charges need to start happening. We can't just look the other way. Turn 'em in and follow through. We gotta start nailing the rouge shooters who don't give a Sh!t. Once busted, they'll give a Sh!t!

Our future privilege to shoot on public land is at stake. We just lost another one in Washington and one in Oregon is to be shut down soon, because of this kind of irresponsible goofing off while shooting. Our kind of recreation is a serious kind that demands a high sense of responsibility, stewardship, ownership and ethics. These people are ruining it for us, who value it, and I'm flat out f'n tired of it.

It's getting out of hand and really chaps my butt. It happens in all the forests and it's growing worse every year. Way too many unskilled, uninformed and uncaring people are going to the forest to blow it apart, just because they figure they can't get caught and think it's fun. I call BS on that crap!

I think I'll set up a viewing station where I can zoom in on lane 3 & 4 to capture some of the illegal stuff that goes on. We're going to loose this place if we let it go on!

(Don't know if the rant is over or not. I could go on if you like. Just too much BS happening every weekend out there. It gets overwhelming!) :mad:

Cosimel, Koda, Kristina and 1 other person like this.
  4. Kristina

Kristina
    Portland, OR
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer 2018 Volunteer

In case some of you don’t know: Tannerite is illegal on public land, not to mention a huge fire hazard. I know it’s not anyone’s job to intervene, but this kind of sh!t is what has gotten other shooting spots shut down. Wolf Creek is too great a resource for us to lose and it might be wise to courteously share this fact with others.

5. Kruel J

Kruel J
    Forest Grove
    Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Lifetime Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

I don't shoot tannerite. I just don't get what the big deal is? You can hit a large container at 100 yards and in turn create a fire hazard?

Anyone shooting that stuff on public lands, especially in the summer, is an idiot.

Doublesunder, Cosimel, Cogs and 2 others like this.
  6. Koda

Koda
    Oregon
    Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I dont get it either, but whats more perplexing is if your going to shoot it why do it in summer... the PNW in winter is perfect for that zero fire danger in the rainy season but come summer its a fire danger and they insist its their right to shoot it whenever they want... shooting closures be damned.

Cosimel, Kristina and Cogs like this.
  7. Kruel J

Kruel J
    Forest Grove
    Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Lifetime Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

You can't fix stupid. ;)

8. Timbertodd

Timbertodd
    Aloha
    Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer 2018 Volunteer

The logged area to the right of lane 4 might have a good vantage point for monitoring and surveillance.

Cosimel and Cogs like this.
  9. Reno911

Reno911
    Hillsboro
    Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer 2018 Volunteer

Not a bad idea. I’ll bring it up with ODF.

We have watched folks from there before.

Not sure if a camera without a good zoom could do anything though.

The moral of the story here is self policing.

You do not need to approach the people if you do not feel comfortable, at least get their plate info. Then you can call the non emergency line for Tillamook County Sheriff Office at 503-815-1911. Or call ODF Forest Grove office at 503-357-2191 to report it.

If you are comfortable approaching people, be kind, use it as an opportunity to discuss the rules, vs coming down on them. Most of these folks are ignorant to the laws and regulations regarding shooting on public lands.

I’ve yet had someone tell me to go pound sand. Usually they get it. They like the sites, would love more, and just didn’t know.

Thanks

Reno911

Kristina, Cogs and Cosimel like this.
  10. Reno911

Reno911
    Hillsboro

On another note.

Let’s get this mini clean up going for this upcoming Saturday.

We will meet at lane three as per normal.

Let’s start at 9.

I know some here like to get there earlier, that’s fine.

I’ll bring the garbage bags. You’ll need boots, gloves, etc.

We need one or two pickups please! Sound off if you have a rig capable and your willing to haul trash.

I’ll arrange garbage disposal.

Thanks,

Reno911

Cosimel and Cogs like this.
  11. Timbertodd

Timbertodd
    Aloha
    Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer 2018 Volunteer

I'm not going to be able to make this Saturdays cleanup due to prior commitments. Thanks though to all those that do make it.

12. Reno911

Reno911
    Hillsboro

13. Cogs

Cogs
    Washougal, WA.
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer 2018 Volunteer

I posted this cleanup to a couple other social media outlets. You might have some others joining in.

Cosimel and spookshack like this.
  14. antonio97b

antonio97b
    PDX

Does anyone know if Wolf Creek will be open for shooting this monday 7/23/2018?

15. bakchoy

bakchoy
    Washington County Oregon

I think it's pretty much always open except when there's a cleaning project going on . . .

antonio97b and Cosimel like this.
  16. Cogs

Cogs
    Washougal, WA.

Yes it's open. 7 days/week. Half hour before sunrise & half hour after sunset. Fire prevention safety gear required (extinguisher, 1-2 gals water & shovel). Trash bags should also be required!

Have fun!

FordPrefect and Cosimel like this.
  17. Buckeyeguy98

Buckeyeguy98
    Hillsboro

Possible dumb and repeated question but I have never gone to Wolf Creek lanes so....what are the ranges available to shoot at here, I see the necessary fire safety needs stated and I always have a med kit on hand but any other suggestions for a few first timers! Thanks in advance.

18. Reno911

Reno911
    Hillsboro

Lanes 1&2 are primarily for pistol use. 15 yards at 1 and 20ish at 2. Lane 3&4 have both pistol and rifle berms. Both pistol berms are at 15 yards the longer berm at 3 is 60ish yards and lane 4s longer berm is 80ish yards.

Buckeyeguy98 likes this.
  19. Buckeyeguy98

Buckeyeguy98
    Hillsboro

Thanks Reno911

20. p38nut

p38nut
    Hillsboro, OR

I have been to the lanes multiple times and want to say that they are great. I have even whipped my buddies into shape to pick up after themselves when we go. We usually go on Monday/Tuesday mornings since that fits our work schedules the best and the lanes are virtually always available.

How busy does it get at other times? I'm curious since I'm going to be taking a few young people for their 1st shooting experience soon and want it to be a good experience. No long waits or too many people (intimidating for some), etc. Is there a time/day to be avoided? Thanks

bolus likes this.