JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I saw the guys at Lane 4 mixing up three different containers of tannerite....
We need photo's &/or video, descriptions, lic plate numbers and details in order to start correcting this problem. Citations and criminal charges need to start happening. We can't just look the other way. Turn 'em in and follow through. We gotta start nailing the rouge shooters who don't give a Sh!t. Once busted, they'll give a Sh!t!

Our future privilege to shoot on public land is at stake. We just lost another one in Washington and one in Oregon is to be shut down soon, because of this kind of irresponsible goofing off while shooting. Our kind of recreation is a serious kind that demands a high sense of responsibility, stewardship, ownership and ethics. These people are ruining it for us, who value it, and I'm flat out f'n tired of it.

It's getting out of hand and really chaps my butt. It happens in all the forests and it's growing worse every year. Way too many unskilled, uninformed and uncaring people are going to the forest to blow it apart, just because they figure they can't get caught and think it's fun. I call BS on that crap!

I think I'll set up a viewing station where I can zoom in on lane 3 & 4 to capture some of the illegal stuff that goes on. We're going to loose this place if we let it go on!

(Don't know if the rant is over or not. I could go on if you like. Just too much BS happening every weekend out there. It gets overwhelming!) :mad:

Cosimel, pretty sure I saw ya out there at Lane 4 and you came over to me and my buddies standing at the back of my rig and let us know you were waiting. I saw the guys at Lane 4 mixing up three different containers of tannerite so that would explain the ones while you were waiting.

In case some of you don't know: Tannerite is illegal on public land, not to mention a huge fire hazard. I know it's not anyone's job to intervene, but this kind of sh!t is what has gotten other shooting spots shut down. Wolf Creek is too great a resource for us to lose and it might be wise to courteously share this fact with others.

In case some of you don't know: Tannerite is illegal on public land, not to mention a huge fire hazard. I know it's not anyone's job to intervene, but this kind of sh!t is what has gotten other shooting spots shut down. Wolf Creek is too great a resource for us to lose and it might be wise to courteously share this fact with others.

I don't shoot tannerite. I just don't get what the big deal is? You can hit a large container at 100 yards and in turn create a fire hazard?

Anyone shooting that stuff on public lands, especially in the summer, is an idiot.

I dont get it either, but whats more perplexing is if your going to shoot it why do it in summer... the PNW in winter is perfect for that zero fire danger in the rainy season but come summer its a fire danger and they insist its their right to shoot it whenever they want... shooting closures be damned.

I dont get it either, but whats more perplexing is if your going to shoot it why do it in summer... the PNW in winter is perfect for that zero fire danger in the rainy season but come summer its a fire danger and they insist its their right to shoot it whenever they want... shooting closures be damned.

You can't fix stupid. ;)

We need photo's &/or video, descriptions, lic plate numbers and details in order to start correcting this problem. Citations and criminal charges need to start happening. We can't just look the other way. Turn 'em in and follow through. We gotta start nailing the rouge shooters who don't give a Sh!t. Once busted, they'll give a Sh!t!

Our future privilege to shoot on public land is at stake. We just lost another one in Washington and one in Oregon is to be shut down soon, because of this kind of irresponsible goofing off while shooting. Our kind of recreation is a serious kind that demands a high sense of responsibility, stewardship, ownership and ethics. These people are ruining it for us, who value it, and I'm flat out f'n tired of it.

It's getting out of hand and really chaps my butt. It happens in all the forests and it's growing worse every year. Way too many unskilled, uninformed and uncaring people are going to the forest to blow it apart, just because they figure they can't get caught and think it's fun. I call BS on that crap!

I think I'll set up a viewing station where I can zoom in on lane 3 & 4 to capture some of the illegal stuff that goes on. We're going to loose this place if we let it go on!

(Don't know if the rant is over or not. I could go on if you like. Just too much BS happening every weekend out there. It gets overwhelming!) :mad:
The logged area to the right of lane 4 might have a good vantage point for monitoring and surveillance.

The logged area to the right of lane 4 might have a good vantage point for monitoring and surveillance.
Not a bad idea. I'll bring it up with ODF.

We have watched folks from there before.

Not sure if a camera without a good zoom could do anything though.

The moral of the story here is self policing.

You do not need to approach the people if you do not feel comfortable, at least get their plate info. Then you can call the non emergency line for Tillamook County Sheriff Office at 503-815-1911. Or call ODF Forest Grove office at 503-357-2191 to report it.

If you are comfortable approaching people, be kind, use it as an opportunity to discuss the rules, vs coming down on them. Most of these folks are ignorant to the laws and regulations regarding shooting on public lands.

I've yet had someone tell me to go pound sand. Usually they get it. They like the sites, would love more, and just didn't know.

Thanks

Reno911

On another note.

Let's get this mini clean up going for this upcoming Saturday.

We will meet at lane three as per normal.

Let's start at 9.

I know some here like to get there earlier, that's fine.

I'll bring the garbage bags. You'll need boots, gloves, etc.

We need one or two pickups please! Sound off if you have a rig capable and your willing to haul trash.

I'll arrange garbage disposal.

Thanks,

Reno911

Possible dumb and repeated question but I have never gone to Wolf Creek lanes so....what are the ranges available to shoot at here, I see the necessary fire safety needs stated and I always have a med kit on hand but any other suggestions for a few first timers! Thanks in advance.

Possible dumb and repeated question but I have never gone to Wolf Creek lanes so....what are the ranges available to shoot at here, I see the necessary fire safety needs stated and I always have a med kit on hand but any other suggestions for a few first timers! Thanks in advance.
Lanes 1&2 are primarily for pistol use. 15 yards at 1 and 20ish at 2. Lane 3&4 have both pistol and rifle berms. Both pistol berms are at 15 yards the longer berm at 3 is 60ish yards and lane 4s longer berm is 80ish yards.

I have been to the lanes multiple times and want to say that they are great. I have even whipped my buddies into shape to pick up after themselves when we go. We usually go on Monday/Tuesday mornings since that fits our work schedules the best and the lanes are virtually always available.

How busy does it get at other times? I'm curious since I'm going to be taking a few young people for their 1st shooting experience soon and want it to be a good experience. No long waits or too many people (intimidating for some), etc. Is there a time/day to be avoided? Thanks

I have been to the lanes multiple times and want to say that they are great. I have even whipped my buddies into shape to pick up after themselves when we go. We usually go on Monday/Tuesday mornings since that fits our work schedules the best and the lanes are virtually always available.

How busy does it get at other times? I'm curious since I'm going to be taking a few young people for their 1st shooting experience soon and want it to be a good experience. No long waits or too many people (intimidating for some), etc. Is there a time/day to be avoided? Thanks

Weekdays really are the best and pretty much any time of day on a weekday is a good time. Avoid like the plague on weekends though.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top