JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Any way you can toss a tape measure across the barriers and let me know how wide the tops are? I'm trying to design a storage rack/shooting bench that uses the barriers for support. I'm guessing 30" if the bases are touching. Many thanks.

~ 3 feet wide
My rifle is just over 3 ft here
oXGiGJA.jpg

Well, the butt-hats finally showed up. Lane 2 was pretty trashed. the worse part is they put paint cans on the top. So the stuff that looks like it is running down from the top is paint.

over the top of the berm I pulled a laptop, 2 iphones, an xbox and a bunch of records (including creedence, who shoots a creedence record? )

FSffNRZ.jpg
CO1Jni0.jpg

Well, doesn't take long for the butt hats to arrive, does it. They must think there is a clean up service provided as it's always clean when they come back.

BTW the size of the barriers are 29.5 high X 34 wide.....
Darn you beat me to it.

I drove by early this morning. I took some garbage from 3 mostly paper targets. Some makeshift wood targets, and some glass. Looked like the Saturday croud did their due dilegence for the most part as the rest looked clean, minus a few clays.

Although I also picked up a huge bag of brass from a site up the road. No targets left behind, I figured they were shooting steel as a bunch of lead fragment were all over. Had to be a fun day for these guys, I probably picked up 5-700 223 some 308 and a bunch of 45.

The calibers I don't shoot will be cleaned and available to take at the 27th's event.

image.jpg

Oh BTW.....Fire restrictions are in effect. You HAVE to have 5gal of water and a shovel or ODF will shut you down and ruin your day....that's what happened to the guys before you (jmac07) showed up. Thought it was you.....

Darn you beat me to it.

I drove by early this morning. I took some garbage from 3 mostly paper targets. Some makeshift wood targets, and some glass. Looked like the Saturday croud did their due dilegence for the most part as the rest looked clean, minus a few clays.

Although I also picked up a huge bag of brass from a site up the road. No targets left behind, I figured they were shooting steel as a bunch of lead fragment were all over. Had to be a fun day for these guys, I probably picked up 5-700 223 some 308 and a bunch of 45.

The calibers I don't shoot will be cleaned and available to take at the 27th's event.

View attachment 306180
Holy crap man. That looks like the same amount I took out today. Kinda looked like a firefight had happened. Got a whole trash bag full of brass. Gave some random dude half of it and kept the rest. Must be a case or 2....LOTS of shells......Left the target up on 4, figured it would give some jack wad something to shoot other than a tv or computer. Guess we'll have to see

1 last thing before I shut the f-up... (unless someone responds to my messages) I had about 4 different people come shoot with me/us. It was cool. Last was a WCSO deputy and his gf. Cool people! I know I've worked with him before but can't seem to remember when/where. It was recent though. Never know who your gonna meet. K, I'm out....

I'm looking forward to being able to actually shoot after our cleanup on the 27th. Mags are still loaded up from the last event. Two stupid weeks away! Gah!

Meet Randy from forestry department while shooting today with my daughter. He was up checking for use at the new range and for trash and we talked for a while.
I was very encouraged by his thoughts and support towards the range. He asked about how we liked it and if we had any questions. Said they are planning more like it in the future and also specifically mentioned NWFA as a key resource to him.
It is a grade A facility and I was supper impressed by it. Felt really good to have a safe and settled place to take my girl for the afternoon.
Randy gave us a trash bag but we had a hard time finding enough trash to fill it up even half way! That is good news people are keeping it clean.
Looking forward to going back real soon.
Elkfish

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top