JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hi all,

First time poster here, but long time shooter. Former USMC. Glad to have found this page and to see such active communication for this location. Some friends and I are going to be up here for the first time tomorrow early morning to check it out and shoot a variety of guns. Happy to share lanes with anyone that shows up, as long as they are safe and respectable. We'll be sure to bring some trash bags to pack out what we bring in and do a little extra. Any tips for getting there or gps pretty straight forward?? Safe shooting!

Pretty straight forward on the GPS & map. When you turn off Hwy 26, onto NF Wolf Creek Rd, you'll go past a road on the right which has a gate and No Shooting sign. Keep going on the main road to the next junction and take a right up the wye road. You'll come to lane 1 & 2 first and then lane 3 and 4.

Have a great time! Thanks for helping take care of those lanes! Welcome to the forum! And, Thank you for serving our Country!

Bill

I didn't have anything to remove this but someone got spray paint happy is what I'll call it maybe someone can bring something to remove with. Warning I did not edit pictures

717871C8-8B5A-4D14-99A8-FAE2C9DBE09C.jpeg FDF5C143-3C5F-41A5-A231-FE983A0054D4.jpeg

We gotta get this stuff taken down ASAP! This is not a tagging ground. The longer it stays the more will be added to it. A bottle of Graffiti Remover is under $10 bucks. Can someone give it a try?

Graphiti remover.JPG

I'll pick some up for the next time I'm out there...just in case.

Last Friday the paint wasn't there, I stayed up there till sundown. I did leave some color on the left rock from the gas my suppressor blew back.

I know how to eliminate all our problems at NF Wolf Creek Lanes!!!

Hire these guys! When the TSM does their thing, the bad guys will really be singing the Blues, Brothers!

TS Mafia.jpg

Now accepting donations to pay these thugs. Cash only, under the table please. :cool:

Anyone going up shooting early Saturday morning like get there at 6:30 or 7:00am
Hopefully Before the crowd start showing up. I like to get lane 4. Wouldn't mind shooting with someone and it would be great to meet some people from this forum/site. Let me know here or pm me.

Anyone going up shooting early Saturday morning like get there at 6:30 or 7:00am
Hopefully Before the crowd start showing up. I like to get lane 4. Wouldn't mind shooting with someone and it would be great to meet some people from this forum/site. Let me know here or pm me.

Hey,

I can't Saturday, cus I am buying a 10/22 from a member at 10:30 that day, but always looking for shooting/training buddies. Hit me up next time!

Got to love it when you're looking at vids of a gun on YouTube, only to find a guy running it up at North Fork Wolf Creek!

Hey guys,

I have yet to make it out here. I am thinking about planning a trip to take my mom out to shoot her new EDC. I have always shot on private ranges thus far. Are there any tips anyone could give me for a first timer at a public land range? I also have a coupe of questions..
Are you able to shoot steel? and if so are any of the lanes safe for shooting steel with rifle?
Is it accessable with a non 4x4? I usually drive a mini van as thats what suits transporting my son best, but I do have access to borrow a new rav4 if needed.
Any veterans of this spot with any sort of recommendations would be much appreciated, It will be just me and my mom who is a not a new shooter but shes not a super frequent shooter.
I also have a new AR I would like to get sighted in, good place to do this or should I save that for a private range trip.
What is a good time/day to go? Early morning on a weekday? I am happy to shoot with others and I hope to meet new people but I would prefer not overly crowded.

Sorry for the seemingly noob questions, I just like to have as much information as possible when doing/going somewhere new, especially when I am bringing my mom along.

Thanks guys!

I will of course be bringing trash bags to hopefully do my part in any cleanup that may be needed.

The gravel road is approximately 1.5 miles to the shooting lanes. It's a bit rough in spots, specifically where the road branches up to the shooting lanes, but 4WD is not necessary. I even managed to make it there on my motorcycle without dying! ;)

Steel is fine, and Lanes 3 & 4 offer the longest distances for shooting. I'd recommend Lane 4 for rifles. For sighting in a handgun, any of the lanes will do.

Hope this helps!

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top