JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Question about the cleanup - is there a bottom age limit? If not, I may bring the kiddo along to introduce him to some civic work. He's 7. Otherwise I'll see if Grandma can watch him for a while.

Question about the cleanup - is there a bottom age limit? If not, I may bring the kiddo along to introduce him to some civic work. He's 7. Otherwise I'll see if Grandma can watch him for a while.
Totally cool to bring kiddos, they are closer to the ground.

"Any time now" came today! I received the official word from the NRA Foundation. They have awarded us the full amount as requested and as recommended by the Oregon Friends of the NRA! $10, 223.53 Check is in the mail!!!

Next will be meetings with Bryan, Aaron, Randy and myself as we fine tune these plans and draw up a timeline. We'll let you all know what those plans are, dates and when we need volunteers. Yes, we're counting on some volunteer help to implement and finish this, however, some of it may be contracted out.

The end goal is to make these Wolf Creek Lanes last a good long time without major improvements. We'll always need to do routine maintenance at these sites but the work we're proposing to do now will help make these lanes more sustainable and nicer to use for ongoing quality recreation.

In an effort to thwart any misconceived notions, none of us are paid. We all volunteer 100% of our time, (and a few of our own dollars), to help improve recreational shooting for all of you who partake in the shooting sports. We're glad to do it because it helps all of us in our attempts to;
  • overcome the stigma of gun owners,
  • preserves our privilege to shoot on public lands,
  • keeps shooting places open,
  • develops a recreational community of gun owners,
  • opens doors for more lane improvements.

This grant, and these shooting lanes at North Fork Wolf Creek, are just a start. More lanes are in the works. More good is to come from this. We need you to join our movement and help promote responsible recreational shooting throughout the Northwest!

Thanks All,

Bill
Congrats guys! You deserve it!

Nope, I had mine there a while back when she was around 4. We'll be back again this Sunday to help out again. Just plan on them being covered in dirt and mud.

there were no target shooting signs posted today.
Ahh, if it were closed for any reason, they'd let us know first and in advance. May have been the road before or one after the turn off to the lanes. ODF is great about letting us know if & when an area is to be closed for a while.

Part of our improvements will be a sign on the main North Fork Wolf Creek Rd that points up to the lanes. That will be along the road you drive on after you turn off Hwy 26.

The no shooting signs were the road before the range when I was up there Monday. There were still people shooting down there, as evidenced frim the gunfire from that direction.

The no shooting signs were the road before the range when I was up there Monday. There were still people shooting down there, as evidenced frim the gunfire from that direction.
Makes me think perhaps we need a sign at the first turn off that points further up the road for the NF Wolf Creek Lanes and an arrow pointing to the right that says no shooting area. Might help people to get to the lanes and not in the area where ODF doesn't want shooting. That area is still a consideration for future lanes, but, they are not ready to okay that yet.

Oh, by the way, ODF will be footing the bill to make the direction signs. We won't need to spend grant money on those signs. Sweet!

there were no target shooting signs posted today.
There are signs posted on the first right hand turn on North Fork Wolf Creek road as that is a fairly recent logged area that is private land. There are no signs at the second right hand turn that goes uphill, this is the area where the four lanes are.

ODF is aware that there is some shooting taking place in one of the turn outs on the left on the left that we will check out on Sunday and make clean so as not to continue it looking like a shooting location.

This is a problem both MFWC and areas like Browns Camp have. Once the main areas are busy, people find the next, usually not safe, location to shoot.

Trash No Land and ODF are working to create additional opportunities for people to utilize in time to come.

These additional opportunities will be like the current lanes, ours, so if we don't keep them up, we may not get more.

so the road to the lanes is the 2nd turn off to the right going up the hill ?
Yep. Earlier before these sites becam developed that first right hand turn did not exist. That's why the earlier posts State it is the first right hand turn.

@Kruejl or @AndyinEverson maybe this thread could use a little tidying up? Seems like the earlier directions are still sending people to the wrong place.

There are signs posted on the first right hand turn on North Fork Wolf Creek road as that is a fairly recent logged area that is private land. There are no signs at the second right hand turn that goes uphill, this is the area where the four lanes are.

ODF is aware that there is some shooting taking place in one of the turn outs on the left on the left that we will check out on Sunday and make clean so as not to continue it looking like a shooting location.

This is a problem both MFWC and areas like Browns Camp have. Once the main areas are busy, people find the next, usually not safe, location to shoot.

Trash No Land and ODF are working to create additional opportunities for people to utilize in time to come.

These additional opportunities will be like the current lanes, ours, so if we don't keep them up, we may not get more.

further up the road on n wolf creek there is a switchback curve. just past it there was some one shooting in a clear cut to the right looked like there was trash laying around

further up the road on n wolf creek there is a switchback curve. just past it there was some one shooting in a clear cut to the right looked like there was trash laying around
Duly noted, thanks. We will check it out.

Sunday at 0900, I'm supposed to meet up with another forum member at the Gun & Knife show at the Expo center. I'll head out west once I'm done there. I'll have my Ranger PU with me, but I'll be late... again. Sorry.

Sunday at 0900, I'm supposed to meet up with another forum member at the Gun & Knife show at the Expo center. I'll head out west once I'm done there. I'll have my Ranger PU with me, but I'll be late... again. Sorry.
No worries, if you can assist with the trash removal that would be awesome.

I'm scheduled to be outta town this weekend. :(

Let me see if the Mrs. can change our plans. BRB...

Apparently our lodging reservations can be changed but no dates available work for the Mrs. I guess I'm headed to Seaside in the morning.

I'll get in on another clean up later and the next time I am up at N. Wolf Creek I'll be sure to pack out what I find as I always do.

Sorry!

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top