JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Go GREEN! And shoot GREEN targets! :D

Yep, best to do something now, as the next scheduled cleanup is not until May 12th and may not even be at NF Wolf Creek.

We should be hearing about the grant we applied for, with the NRA Foundation, about funding for berm improvements, drainage, gravel work & more, at the lanes. We passed the review of the Oregon Friends of the NRA and now it's up to the committee back East. Should be any time now!

Thanks for throwing in on this Random Act of Cleanup, All! I got the 'On-Call' phone this weekend, so, I'll put on some green undies and go fix furnace or two. And if I don't get any calls, I'll toast a shot of Jameson to ya!

Top 'O the weekend to ya, Gents!

Thus far Sunday is looking like the more available day for folks.

ODF has options for trash removal, Saturday we can take it straight to the transfer station in Forest Grove and or utilize the dumpsters at Reeher's Camp.

Sunday would be Reeher's Camp.

I just posted it to the Trash No Land Facebook page for Sunday (thought it was a done deal for Sunday). Let me know quick if it changes!
Sounds like Sunday is looking like the day we do this.

Let's say 9am at site 3.

Anyone have a truck available?

We will need one persons truck to haul the trash to Reeher's Camp afterwards.

So, I ended up nearly slicing off half of a finger tip today at work, my damn trigger finger in fact. I'll keep an eye on it, but I may have to miss this weekend's clean-up because it's my trigger finger, duh :)

We should be hearing about the grant we applied for, with the NRA Foundation, about funding for berm improvements, drainage, gravel work & more, at the lanes. We passed the review of the Oregon Friends of the NRA and now it's up to the committee back East. Should be any time now!

"Any time now" came today! I received the official word from the NRA Foundation. They have awarded us the full amount as requested and as recommended by the Oregon Friends of the NRA! $10, 223.53 Check is in the mail!!!

Next will be meetings with Bryan, Aaron, Randy and myself as we fine tune these plans and draw up a timeline. We'll let you all know what those plans are, dates and when we need volunteers. Yes, we're counting on some volunteer help to implement and finish this, however, some of it may be contracted out.

The end goal is to make these Wolf Creek Lanes last a good long time without major improvements. We'll always need to do routine maintenance at these sites but the work we're proposing to do now will help make these lanes more sustainable and nicer to use for ongoing quality recreation.

In an effort to thwart any misconceived notions, none of us are paid. We all volunteer 100% of our time, (and a few of our own dollars), to help improve recreational shooting for all of you who partake in the shooting sports. We're glad to do it because it helps all of us in our attempts to;
  • overcome the stigma of gun owners,
  • preserves our privilege to shoot on public lands,
  • keeps shooting places open,
  • develops a recreational community of gun owners,
  • opens doors for more lane improvements.

This grant, and these shooting lanes at North Fork Wolf Creek, are just a start. More lanes are in the works. More good is to come from this. We need you to join our movement and help promote responsible recreational shooting throughout the Northwest!

Thanks All,

Bill

"Any time now" came today! I received the official word from the NRA Foundation. They have awarded us the full amount as requested and as recommended by the Oregon Friends of the NRA! $10, 223.53 Check is in the mail!!!

Next will be meetings with Bryan, Aaron, Randy and myself as we fine tune these plans and draw up a timeline. We'll let you all know what those plans are, dates and when we need volunteers. Yes, we're counting on some volunteer help to implement and finish this, however, some of it may be contracted out.

The end goal is to make these Wolf Creek Lanes last a good long time without major improvements. We'll always need to do routine maintenance at these sites but the work we're proposing to do now will help make these lanes more sustainable and nicer to use for ongoing quality recreation.

In an effort to thwart any misconceived notions, none of us are paid. We all volunteer 100% of our time, (and a few of our own dollars), to help improve recreational shooting for all of you who partake in the shooting sports. We're glad to do it because it helps all of us in our attempts to;
  • overcome the stigma of gun owners,
  • preserves our privilege to shoot on public lands,
  • keeps shooting places open,
  • develops a recreational community of gun owners,
  • opens doors for more lane improvements.

This grant, and these shooting lanes at North Fork Wolf Creek, are just a start. More lanes are in the works. More good is to come from this. We need you to join our movement and help promote responsible recreational shooting throughout the Northwest!

Thanks All,

Bill
:s0022::s0133::s0139::s0055::s0151::s0053::s0073::s0090:

Champagne-toast.jpg

Awesome news and amazing things are heading to North Fork Wolf Creek!

Let's not forget we are going to work on getting them cleaned up this weekend too. Sunday is the day, 9:00am. We can talk about the grant approval and plans then for those that are interested in hearing about the proposed improvements that now can become a reality.

that is awesome guys!
Thank you, Mr. bolus!

I knew you'd be happy to see good things happen to a place you helped develop. Wish you were here to go use them! Let us know when you come to visit and we'll throw a party at the lanes in your honor! (Kind of like a Celebrity Roast, where you are the target!!!) :eek:

That is great, great news! I'm in for the work party once the plans are finalized.

I have a truck, trailer and tools so if we need to haul something up to the site, or back down the hill, I can help with that as well.

Woohoo!

That is great, great news! I'm in for the work party once the plans are finalized.

I have a truck, trailer and tools so if we need to haul something up to the site, or back down the hill, I can help with that as well.

Woohoo!
Cool, SA! Thanks for the offer!

Would you, the truck and trailer be available this Sunday for help with the cleanup?

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top