JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Open 7 days a week, half hour before sunrise and half hour after sunset.

Unmanned and dependant on users to keep it in good shape.

Have fun and help us keep it open!

Was just there yesterday and #2 was litered with palletes, a tire, and a big wood board target shot to crap. We had a packed SUV so we couldn't take it out but stuff like this irkes me.

Perhaps a fake/real camera above the signs would deter people from such behavior.

How 'bout a sign that states "This area under 24 hour video surveillance", that's usually enough to make some folks think twice.

Damnit that makes me mad! That lane was clean last time I left it just a couple weeks ago. The f-tards who keep trashing it (and other places too) obviously haven't been around long enough to see authorized shooting locations SHUT DOWN with No Trespassing signage, barbed wire fences and locked gated roads - forever. I watched that happen to dozens of places in and around San Diego County last century when I was serving there.

Signs and cameras (real or dummy) will surely be shot to smithereens. Sad.

Went to WC two weekends ago, AWESOME. Still had snow.. some vehicles may have a hard time in some areas, but it'll all melt off. Saw a few sedans without chains/studs make it up to where I was.
Main road(s) well worn, so you can at least get around.

Love the little lanes.. but the thing I really liked were the concrete blocks I could use as a makeshift table when setting my stuff out. Great thing about the lanes is, they are personal enough to where you don't have jabronies pull up and shoot at your spot like Browns Camp or Salmonberry (at the larger pits). I hate shooting next to strangers I don't know or trust out in the woods.. just can't trust people these days. So for that reason alone, WC now has my attention as a great little public range. Fairly clean too compared to Salmonberry these days.

Took my MVP, Dissipator AR and CZ999 out. Had tons of fun. Each lane felt personal and had enough room to do what I wanted to do (28 yards at mine)

The lanes get muddy, wear boots or bring a change of socks/shoes. I always do that when shooting in the winter, Problem solved.

Ok great! Thanks alot! And I'm assuming the roads are marked with signage to the lanes? I was under the assumption that I'd have to travel on some dirt roads to get there, as the directions don't say anything past N Fork Wolf Creek Road.

Not really. The first time I went there I ended up passing the turn-off to the right. One other thing is that it is rather easy to miss the road off of 26. There are signs at the lanes themselves, but nothing that I can think of that points exactly to them.

Was just up there today, in a Chevy Cruze. Made it all the way to the top and turned around. You have to avoid potholes and stick to the edges, but you can do eet.

Probably need to organize a cleanup up there though - the place is pretty well trashed, and there's targets out of the OK zone, setup outside the bermed areas way up on the hill. Lots of home trash, pop bottles, food wrappers, random bits of metal. We forgot our trash bags & target stands at home, so my wife and I only got to shoot at our walking steel target today, and could only take a plastic grocery sack full of brass & crap out.

Was just up there today, in a Chevy Cruze. Made it all the way to the top and turned around. You have to avoid potholes and stick to the edges, but you can do eet.

Probably need to organize a cleanup up there though - the place is pretty well trashed, and there's targets out of the OK zone, setup outside the bermed areas way up on the hill. Lots of home trash, pop bottles, food wrappers, random bits of metal. We forgot our trash bags & target stands at home, so my wife and I only got to shoot at our walking steel target today, and could only take a plastic grocery sack full of brass & crap out.
We can do that. I'll check the calendar and see if we can get ODF onboard to provide a place to place trash.

I believe I'm free this Saturday and Sunday. I've reached out to ODF to see about access to dumpsters.

If folks can meet up this Saturday or Sunday please post here.

@Cosimel you avail?

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top