JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I live in Beaverton and would happily take out anything i see there if i had some place to dump it once i get home. Is there somewhere in between the range and Beaverton that i can drop it? I would like to do more to keep this place clean, i just don't have the room in my garbage can to pick up after lazy individuals. I am happy to meet with someone first to ensure i am just dropping garbage from the range. :)

I live in Beaverton and would happily take out anything i see there if i had some place to dump it once i get home. Is there somewhere in between the range and Beaverton that i can drop it? I would like to do more to keep this place clean, i just don't have the room in my garbage can to pick up after lazy individuals. I am happy to meet with someone first to ensure i am just dropping garbage from the range. :)
If it's just 1 bag, we ask you to dispose of that as part of your contribution. However, for 2 or more bags, contact @Reno911 . He can make arrangements with ODF.

Thanks AdamS! This is how we can show ownership to ODF and it reflects well on recreational shooters.

Bill

Last time i was up... it was like 5 shot up water jugs... chunks of pallets... shot up wood with parts of targets attached. I can handle a bag or two. I don't have room for some of the bulkier stuff.

Thank you for the reply!! I will reach out the next time i pull some bulkier stuff.

It may not always work out like that, (having ODF take care of the extras), but sometimes it can work. We're still trying to find a way to provide disposal. Not an easy one to fix.

I think if nothing else, we should at least leave the bags out by the firing line. Ask that anyone who visits take one home. Could be one way we all chip in to help keep it open and in good condition.

Thanks again,

Bill

I usually bring a trash bag or 2 to haul home and dispose of in my trash. Bigger stuff I will haul up to the side of the road in a nice tidy pile in hopes someone who can dispose of it will take it from there.... at the very least it discourages others from continuing to use it and leaves the lane spotless for the next person.

This is "hopefully" still a free country and nobody has to justify why, when and where or why not they are doing something. Also, if someone works and how they make money doesn't matter the slightest to me, i rather define a character through their hobbies. Its more accurate.

I would love to go to the lanes but it is very busy and whenever I was there my wife and I would not get a spot. And I am too impatient to wait 2h to get a lane...

I shot there last week when it was bitter cold/windy all day long, and we went early (on a weekday) to beat the rush. One of the four lanes was open when we arrived, and two were unoccupied when we departed.

Mrs. Teflon brought a couple large trash bags and a grabber so we could pick up after any previous slobs who might've wrecked the place. But we were pleasantly surprised to find a clean lane. Of course we picked up our own targets/trash at the end - easily done when it's only our own, and the otherwise ankle deep mud is frozen solid.

Bonus was taking a new-ish shooter who'd never fired a pistol before and watching her make a can dance with various weps. Love that smile when the targets react.

Last Edited:
This summer we will be working on some improvements to these lanes, like correcting the drainage problems and berm containment + some. These will be better!

Not sure if we can get new lanes open this year but we are working on that as well. With the existing lanes being so popular, there is a big need for more lanes.

I can't wait until we see lots of these kind of lanes through out the forest. In every forest!

So be patient, we've got to finalize a few details, get some official okays and raise some funds. But it will get there! :)

Funny you mentioned the drainage. That is on my list for the next time i go up.... for at least lanes 3 & 4.... 3 is worse. I was just going to dig a trench for now to get that water out of the short section.

The pistol bays are in great need of infill and drainage as well.
Ain't it the truth! Got plans for those two as well!

We even considering embedding some holders (pipes) in the ground so you can drop in 1x2's for target holders (Lanes 1 & 2). Place them at standard widths. Trying to find ways to eliminate the need for bringing target stands (because they always end up being plywood or pallets!). Then all you'd need are the 1x2's, the cardboard cutouts and targets. If the holders work out well, we may want to incorporate them in to the other lanes and future lanes. Worth a try!

If the holders are just going to be 2" pipes stuck in the ground, they'll probably fill up gradually with dirt and become useless.

A solution would be for the holders to be a short section of pipe elevated above the ground (involving some welded sections or something), so that dirt falls out the bottom.

If the holders are just going to be 2" pipes stuck in the ground, they'll probably fill up gradually with dirt and become useless.

A solution would be for the holders to be a short section of pipe elevated above the ground (involving some welded sections or something), so that dirt falls out the bottom.
Good thought. Filling up with dirt was my first thought as well. I'm concerned they might get all shot up if they were exposed above ground. I'm thinking perhaps a cap on a hing that springs closed when you pull your stake out? Maybe a pipe in a pipe? The inside pipe would be plugged at the bottom and we could pull it out, dump it and slide it back in?

I'm sure we can figure this out!

the holders are a good idea but I agree they need to be welded to a post and staked or cemented into the ground and the pipe section suspended above ground so any debris can fall out the bottom. Maybe rattle can them bright hunters orange to they stand out so people will think to use them.

thats a good point actually. Maybe its best to just encourage people to bring their own stands and leave it at that.
I know, right?! A double edged sword! So, let's make it as inexpensive and simple as possible and see what happens. If it works... Great! If not... we're not out much and it was worth at try!

Might as well. Too wet to plow. Can't dance. Nothin else to do. :confused:

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top