JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Correct me is I'm wrong, but didn't those shooting lanes have gravel on them at one time? WTH happened?
Lane 3 had a gravel path to the longer berm.

To answer your question. Mostly rain and being shot.

Lanes 3 and 4 were compacted local material. Lane 1 was non compacted local material dumped till it was tall enough. We learned the compacted berms weren't the best for long term use. So if we get our way, in time, they hopefully will be completely removed and replaced with better materials.

Thanks Ironbar for picking up and the policing. Let me know when you want to get a group together Bryan and Im there!

To tell you the honest truth, I'd be perfectly willing to go back next weekend on the 16th or 17th. I'm pretty sure I don't have any plans for that weekend, and if the weather holds, it would be great to get at least Lane #3 cleaned up. We'd have to get up there pretty early in order to beat the crowds. Let me know what you think.

To tell you the honest truth, I'd be perfectly willing to go back next weekend on the 16th or 17th. I'm pretty sure I don't have any plans for that weekend, and if the weather holds, it would be great to get at least Lane #3 cleaned up. We'd have to get up there pretty early in order to beat the crowds. Let me know what you think.
Depending on the wife. I think we can arrange this.

I've never had an issue approaching a group at a lane to clean. They'll usually stop, even help.

I'm meeting with ODF and ODFW today so I'll see about trash removal if possible.

Was up there yesterday. Lanes were full as expected for when we arrived and users weren't overly willing to share at the time so went on our merry way to my other spot down 26.

From what I saw the lanes weren't in too bad a shape trash wise but it was just driving by, no in depth looking into it.

Share the lanes if you're up there and have room(though I doubt it was anyone from here)! That way all the trash leaving people do it in a controlled area like those lanes (part of their purpose) rather than driving further up the logging roads and leaving trash up there for no one to find for a long time.

Was up there yesterday. Lanes were full as expected for when we arrived and users weren't overly willing to share at the time so went on our merry way to my other spot down 26.

From what I saw the lanes weren't in too bad a shape trash wise but it was just driving by, no in depth looking into it.

Share the lanes if you're up there and have room(though I doubt it was anyone from here)! That way all the trash leaving people do it in a controlled area like those lanes (part of their purpose) rather than driving further up the logging roads and leaving trash up there for no one to find for a long time.

You weren't the guys I passed in the truck were you? I was in the red Tundra. Anyway, I agree with you 100%. Share the lanes, and pack out your junk!

I actually haven't driven past the shooting lane turnoff for quite some time because of the active logging going for over a year now. I typically went to a spot further up.

You weren't the guys I passed in the truck were you? I was in the red Tundra. Anyway, I agree with you 100%. Share the lanes, and pack out your junk!

I actually haven't driven past the shooting lane turnoff for quite some time because of the active logging going for over a year now. I typically went to a spot further up.

I don't remember a red Tundra to be honest. As I was coming back down from the lanes I watched 2 cars go beyond the turn off heading further up the roads into the active area. There are lots of areas way up there that aren't being logged but it's quite a bit of driving.

We went back to 26 and headed another 10 minutes down and then off to my other spot we go.

Depending on the wife. I think we can arrange this.

I've never had an issue approaching a group at a lane to clean. They'll usually stop, even help.

I'm meeting with ODF and ODFW today so I'll see about trash removal if possible.
It looks like we might get a little weather change starting Friday. That may ward off some of the traffic. Keep us posted on it Bryan.

It looks like we might get a little weather change starting Friday. That may ward off some of the traffic. Keep us posted on it Bryan.
I'm thinking it should be a few folks if possible. I may be unable to come depending on a certain arrival. I'll still see if @Cogs is avail and if ODF can provide a flatbed for trash. I'll update here if it's a go.

Let's go ahead and plan for Saturday. ODF is on board and should be able to help with trash. The posters are also due for replacement so we will try to do that as well.

If we can get 5-6 folks that would be awesome. Doesn't take a whole lot these days for these sites thankfully.

Oh and don't forget, we can shoot afterwards too!

Lots of folks subscribed to this thread. Anyone else up for a mini cleanup / get together this upcoming Saturday?

I managed to miss out on all the volunteer opportunities this year so if this counts to get a 2017 volunteer tag I will do my best to be there. My problem is that I don't have a truck and if it gets rainy/muddy my Mustang may not make it up there.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top