JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow. By the looks of those pictures, it's a shooters heaven! A dream come true in the woods! On public land, no less! Don't think I've ever seen a better place to shoot on public land.

Pretty darn nice! Thanks ODF & Tillamook State Forest! May we never see another fire in that area! Wish it was in my own backyard.
Well, we designed the basic plan to be usable anywhere. It's a pretty easy site plan that can be tweaked and really be put up anywhere with not a lot of work. Basic plan only requires a dozer for leveling and building berms and 4 K-Rails (jersey barriers to you uncivilized folk).

So we pretty much have the go ahead to have a shoot out slash party this Saturday.

I'm thinking we should still set up a shooting info booth.

But,

Have a BBQ and shoot out too.

Like our clean ups, minus the work part!

I'll start a new thread here in a bit.

100 yard lane 4 done. The area will be opened up friday afternoon once the signs are up.

IMG_5956.JPG

I'll be bring some garbage bags tomorrow for handing out at the booth. Just in case we may need them.

Here's photo's I got from Randy of Tillamook State Forest...

Lane 1: Handgun (Shoot from the Jersey barrier)

site1finished.jpg

Site 2 Handgun

site2finished.jpg

Site 3 Long gun 75 Yrds plus a hand gun berm

site3finished.jpg

Site 4 Long gun 100 Yrds plus a hand gun berm

site4finished.jpg

Have you ever seen such a site on public land? WOW!

I was out there today and have to say I'm very impressed! Good job! AWESOME place on public land. Shot a few drills and cleaned up. Hopefully it stays clean.

20160724_115425.jpg 20160724_132819.jpg

I also got to talking to a few people who were there and kinda explained what been done. Showed em the threads........They had no idea about NWFA.......we may have some new members joining shortly. They also were very impressed and vowed to help keep it clean

I really wanted to use one of these lanes today but also needed a 100 and 200 yd range for some rifle work, so I moved onto my "secret" spot elsewhere on the forest.

The first one was open, (I recognise the truck) BDA at #2 the rest were taken. The uppermost range was blocked off with red cones right at the lane before it, whoever was up there didn't want anyone driving up. I had fun at my spot today but was disappointed that someone left some targets on a stump and some brass lying around... we picked up and I hauled their targets and brass out. My spot seem virtually unknown, this was the worst I've ever seen it. The thimbleberries were everywhere for the taking...

I really wanted to use one of these lanes today but also needed a 100 and 200 yd range for some rifle work, so I moved onto my "secret" spot elsewhere on the forest.

The first one was open, (I recognise the truck) BDA at #2 the rest were taken. The uppermost range was blocked off with red cones right at the lane before it, whoever was up there didn't want anyone driving up. I had fun at my spot today but was disappointed that someone left some targets on a stump and some brass lying around... we picked up and I hauled their targets and brass out. My spot seem virtually unknown, this was the worst I've ever seen it. The thimbleberries were everywhere for the taking...

You shoulda stopped by and bs'ed a bit! I may be all tatted up but I'm a super chill dude! ;) I talked to the dudes with the cones and they were really cool. Let em shoot my suppressed AR a bit. They loved it. Them and the dudes below (spot 3) were the ones who I spoke to extensively.

You shoulda stopped by and bs'ed a bit! I may be all tatted up but I'm a super chill dude! ;) I talked to the dudes with the cones and they were really cool. Let em shoot my suppressed AR a bit. They loved it. Them and the dudes below (spot 3) were the ones who I spoke to extensively.
Next time I will say hi, would love to get to know more members here. I spoke with the guys at spot 3 too and gave them my spent brass since I don't reload, they seemed really cool and sounded excited about the nice range to use.

They think some cones woukd keep people like me away, huh?

I just got back from the site today. Other than like 1 or 2 spent brass the sites were all pristine. I was amazed. Thanks for those cleaning up after themselves. Not even one bullet hole in the signs.

20160729_171009.jpg

I just got back from the site today. Other than like 1 or 2 spent brass the sites were all pristine. I was amazed. Thanks for those cleaning up after themselves. Not even one bullet hole in the signs.

View attachment 304865
Glad to see you brought the 50. You were freaking us out with your talk on it last time. Looks like it turned out to be one hell of a cool gun.

Told Randy that we went at the berms with a bunch of 50 and he is happy to see that they are holding up well thus far. He expects site 4s long range berm to slope naturally over time to a larger angle. As well as site 3-4s short range berms. Thankfully I don't think anyone will be putting any 50bmg into those berms any time soon.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top