JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Heck, if you've got a loaner, who cares what condition the road is in....

:s0001:
Unless the loaner is a Prius.

Unless your car is so low to the ground you gotta go over speed bumps sideways or its snowy or a sheet of ice, your pretty much good to go.....just sayn....Dont be a poon...

I made it up there in a 2012 Golf TDi, pretty much just an almost GTI version of the Golf.

It's really not that bad, we made it up there in a regular old Accord one year. It's not exactly smooth, but i can imagine inclement weather wouldn't help matters for a regular car.

Decent day out at lane 3.

Only me and another guy up at 4 for quite some time.

Guy at four, silver Infiniti was shooting empty 10# cans. I didn't say anything but when he left I went up to check and sure enough, he left them there. I knew I should have stopped and handed him a brochure.

While leaving I handed out a few brochures.

Only a small bag from 3, mostly around the shooting line, cups and such.

I totally forgot my magnet, I keep saying I need to bring one up and hit up lane 4. Someone really likes their AK and that site!!!

Anyway, keep it clean!!!

IMG_0733.JPG IMG_0734.JPG

Decent day out at lane 3.

Only me and another guy up at 4 for quite some time.

Guy at four, silver Infiniti was shooting empty 10# cans. I didn't say anything but when he left I went up to check and sure enough, he left them there. I knew I should have stopped and handed him a brochure.

While leaving I handed out a few brochures.

Only a small bag from 3, mostly around the shooting line, cups and such.

I totally forgot my magnet, I keep saying I need to bring one up and hit up lane 4. Someone really likes their AK and that site!!!

Anyway, keep it clean!!!

View attachment 393746 View attachment 393747
Thanks for caring.

Rainy season is here...

Don't forget to clean up after yourselves out there. Yes even if it is muddy!

I have been busy working with ODF to survey and build on these locations. ODF and I have been out to 1-4 and have been collecting quite a bit of wood lately. Don't forget, pallets, 2x4s and other items used to hold up your targets are still trash! Please pack them out.

Or at least stash them to the front of the shooting lane. Even if you show up and they were there, please walk them up to the front of the lane and stage the trash for someone able, to pick up.

Quick update.

We may be getting more!

Thats right. ODF is working with the recreational shooting community to add to this momentum and create further opportunity.

There are two usable sites off the Northern portion of Wolf Creek road that need very little work to become a suitable fire safe and decent pistol sized shooting locations. These would require very little grading if any and ODF is hoping the public would be interested in helping shape and craft them into shooting lanes.

Please PM me if you are interested in getting involved with helping build or shape these locations into suitable lanes.

There is also a section of land off Nofo road that is being considered for a long range site, and perhaps a few shooting lanes. This would be kind of like a golf coarse. The idea is to have a shooting lane or platform created. Much like the jersey barrier shooting lines at the first four. Then four platforms created into the landscape at various distances. 100, 200, 400 and 600 yard platforms would be created. With trails going to them. However no actual shooting lane would be created. Just the four backstops at the various ranges. We are even considering the idea of permanently fixed and concreted steel targets at the 400 and 600 yard marks.

A lot of this is very much still in the design and logistics portion of its creation. However it is an exciting move forward.

If anyone has any desire to get involved and wants to add their feedback to this please PM me.

If anyone has the ability to help design and or donate steel targets to this cause, PM me.

Quick update.

We may be getting more!

Thats right. ODF is working with the recreational shooting community to add to this momentum and create further opportunity.

There are two usable sites off the Northern portion of Wolf Creek road that need very little work to become a suitable fire safe and decent pistol sized shooting locations. These would require very little grading if any and ODF is hoping the public would be interested in helping shape and craft them into shooting lanes.

Please PM me if you are interested in getting involved with helping build or shape these locations into suitable lanes.

There is also a section of land off Nofo road that is being considered for a long range site, and perhaps a few shooting lanes. This would be kind of like a golf coarse. The idea is to have a shooting lane or platform created. Much like the jersey barrier shooting lines at the first four. Then four platforms created into the landscape at various distances. 100, 200, 400 and 600 yard platforms would be created. With trails going to them. However no actual shooting lane would be created. Just the four backstops at the various ranges. We are even considering the idea of permanently fixed and concreted steel targets at the 400 and 600 yard marks.

A lot of this is very much still in the design and logistics portion of its creation. However it is an exciting move forward.

If anyone has any desire to get involved and wants to add their feedback to this please PM me.

If anyone has the ability to help design and or donate steel targets to this cause, PM me.
I'm sure we have some wood to cut. I'm pretty good a cutting wood, ya know!

Did anyone organise a cleanup of this season yet?
Not formally. ODF has been working with outside private sector party's like Leupold to help volunteer in cleaning up the NFWC lanes.

Don't quote me but @Cogs and I will certainly be organizing a clean up or two in Tillamook next spring. Likely the Salmonberry and Louisignot lanes.

However, at any time if anyone here wants to organize a small group to get together and head up, let me know and I'll see if ODF can assist in any way.

ODF has been working with outside private sector party's like Leupold to help volunteer in cleaning up the NFWC lanes.
Leupold has a team of shooters who frequent NF Wolf Creek Lanes often on weekdays. They contacted us, at Trash No Land, and we hooked them up with ODF to help us us care & share for those lanes on weekdays. So, if you see them cleaned up on a regular basis, it could be their work. I know a lot of NWFA members are there all the time and are cleaning, sharing and caring for those lanes and we all really appreciate it! It's how we all work together to help keep it open!

Don't quote me but @Cogs and I will certainly be organizing a clean up or two in Tillamook next spring. Likely the Salmonberry and Louisignot lanes.
Too late! I already quoted you!

However, at any time if anyone here wants to organize a small group to get together and head up, let me know and I'll see if ODF can assist in any way.
It's what we call "Random Acts of Cleanups". It's more fun when there are a couple people to help and shoot with!

Not formally. ODF has been working with outside private sector party's like Leupold to help volunteer in cleaning up the NFWC lanes.

I organize my own self clean ups at those locations periodically from time to time....if anyones interested hit me up. Its really sporadic for me at this point......Im mainly talking about Salmonberry and Louisignot....Im easy to recognize, red Toyota pickup (im the only one around btw ;)) picking up everyone elses crap....

Keeping the momentum going.

ODF and I have finished inventorying the entire McGregor basin. So far there are a handful of sites that as is are pretty much a green on ODFs mind to be considered valid shooting lanes, therefore they may soon be added and promoted for use much like the existing four.

The Lousignot area is next on the list. We aren't planning on going too far south as those areas intermixed with other recreations. However we are looking for anything that can be added as a possible shooting lane. There is a lot out there, so we are trying to narrow it down to those that are good platforms for improvement.

An update to the long to longer distant site I've discussed...

Well we have a plan together for the most part, but are open to more input. So I created this thread.

Help me design a new site North Fork Wolf Creek Saturday 9-11ish

This site could potentially have shootable distances of 50, 100, 150, 175, 200, 225, and 400 yards.

Some here likely will recognize it.

3C601E28-216B-4F48-B726-96CC09CD63D5.jpeg 4F9D54CD-FE9A-48D6-9B5C-7A9418F59495.jpeg

Went to Wolf Creek Sunday morning for the first time. Got there a bit late and ended up at Lane #1. Cleaned up quite few a things from the last group. Had a ton of fun.

20171029_115134.jpg 20171029_121328.jpg 20171029_123808.jpg

Last Edited:
I was there Sunday too. It was crowded! Ended up at another spot down the road a ways. Picked up a lot of 223 and 9mm brass and one random 300 WinMag

Was up early this morning up on lane #4, beautiful sunrise. Got in some target practice then meet up with Reno911, TimberTodd and a owner of a CZ who I know his actual name, but have forgot his online name (my bad, I think it was FordPrefect, but can't say for sure) to check out the proposed new long to longer distant site. I took video of the tour Reno911 gave, it may take a few days, but I'll try to post a link to that soon. Afterwards, of course, we cleaned up :)

23119958_10159571303145357_1935195962588172765_o.jpg 20171104_103719.jpg

Glad you were able to go. I almost came but got roped in to helping clean up a squatter's house for a landlord friend. Not my kind of cleanup!

Looking forward to the vid!

It was great meeting you Cosimel. That was my son-in-law Ryan (Ryguy) with me. It was a fun yet cold morning. I was surprised to see snow already on some of the upper hilltops in the coast range. I am ready for winter steelhead but not the freezing temps.

a owner of a CZ who I know his actual name, but have forgot his online name (my bad, I think it was FordPrefect, but can't say for sure)

Wasn't me. I was going to try to show up but was unable to make it this time. Too much work needed to be done around the house. Between the fir tree next to my garage and all the walnut trees on my block, I am in constant cleanup mode at the moment.

As promised, here's a video of the tour Reno911 gave us this last Saturday morning of the new proposed long and longer range site near the original four lanes.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top