JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Would love to take more out but I don't have a rig big enough to haul out file cabinets. I see lots of guys coming up here to shoot in their lifted trucks, would be nice if you guys could lend a hand and grab some of the larger items. Us little car guys will grab the small stuff.

Would love to take more out but I don't have a rig big enough to haul out file cabinets. I see lots of guys coming up here to shoot in their lifted trucks, would be nice if you guys could lend a hand and grab some of the larger items. Us little car guys will grab the small stuff.
I'm there a couple of times a month and I take everything out that I can. I'd take the bigger stuff in my truck (not lifted :) ) if I had anywhere to dump it. More than once I've overflowed my garbage can at home and the landfill charged me $72 last week for a mixed load. Anyone have a place to dump the big stuff on the way back into town?

You guys are awesome for cleaning up what you can. Can @Reno911 or @Cogs check with Randy. We talked about letting us use the dumpster at the Dept of Forestry site in Forest Grove or one of the dumpsters at a local camp ground for the volunteers who are cleaning as they go. We should see if those are still options now that we seem to have a pretty regular crew cleaning when they shoot.

Such things as a file cabinet, metal appliances that are put out on the side of the road in my neighborhood generally disappear in a couple of hours!

You guys are awesome for cleaning up what you can. Can @Reno911 or @Cogs check with Randy. We talked about letting us use the dumpster at the Dept of Forestry site in Forest Grove or one of the dumpsters at a local camp ground for the volunteers who are cleaning as they go. We should see if those are still options now that we seem to have a pretty regular crew cleaning when they shoot.
Yes, bolus, we've been discussing this recently with Randy. We hope to make some headway soon. For now, we need to chock it up to simply being good stewards and removing what we can. Extra stuff, that you can't remove, at least bag it and/or set it next to the road. Sooner or later, someone will be able to pick it up and dispose of it (hopefully before it gets broken into and spread all over!)

We now have a new group of Stewards sharing the care for these lanes... The Leupold Team. You may see them week days, as they frequent the lanes, clean up and partake in some shooting. They should be fairly regular and have agreed to do routine cleanup stuff as they go. Great guys! Give 'em a thumbs up if you see them! Great to have them on board!

For now, we'll keep on the idea of having a dumpster location where authorized persons can dump shooting trash. Will let you know how things work out.

Bill

Yep. That's Stewardship! Thanks F2!

Still, if you can't take it with you, at least set it aside where someone else can easily load it and haul it off. Much better than leaving it in the lane.

I know there are a lot of good stewards here who really have a special attachment to these lanes. I hope we can keep the momentum going and all chip in to help keep these lanes in top 'Cadillac' condition. It means a lot to our future in recreational shooting.

I still need to do a clean up this year, so looking forward to one there this fall?

I have a truck now so can certainly haul stuff down\away, but if we can set aside larger stuff, I can still only move smaller items for our own trash at home :)

I still need to do a clean up this year, so looking forward to one there this fall?

I have a truck now so can certainly haul stuff down\away, but if we can set aside larger stuff, I can still only move smaller items for our own trash at home :)
I know what you mean. I share a community dumpster at home and I can't fill it up with extra stuff. I can add an extra bag or two each week, but otherwise, I can't deprive others of their right to dispose of their own trash. I'm looking forward to finding a solution to this problem! Hopefully soon!

I know what you mean. I share a community dumpster at home and I can't fill it up with extra stuff. I can add an extra bag or two each week, but otherwise, I can't deprive others of their right to dispose of their own trash. I'm looking forward to finding a solution to this problem! Hopefully soon!

I did have a solution at one time. I had an F-150 that I had to sell because I needed the money at the time more than I needed the truck. One of the places I shoot at near the Moalla River is constantly messy and I spent a good day picking up the larger things. Found out that it was only at the time, $15.00 when the truck was full to empty it at the dump.

The next week I went up there it didn't even look as if I had done anything :(

Has anyone been shooting at the lanes since it rained this week? How's the road?

My friends and I have plans to go shoot tomorrow. My Tundra is in the shop but the dealership is offering me a loaner. :s0043:

Has anyone been shooting at the lanes since it rained this week? How's the road?

My friends and I have plans to go shoot tomorrow. My Tundra is in the shop but the dealership is offering me a loaner. :s0043:
Was up on Monday afternoon right after some heavy rain, roads were fine. only problem I could see was on the uphill turnoff for the lanes a nice sized hole was at the start of the hill. Someone was at lane 1 in a prius when I left though, so you'll probably be fine in anything bigger then a scooter.

Was up on Monday afternoon right after some heavy rain, roads were fine. only problem I could see was on the uphill turnoff for the lanes a nice sized hole was at the start of the hill. Someone was at lane 1 in a prius when I left though, so you'll probably be fine in anything bigger then a scooter.
Thanks for the update.

Unless your car is so low to the ground you gotta go over speed bumps sideways or its snowy or a sheet of ice, your pretty much good to go.....just sayn....Dont be a poon...

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top