Tags:
  1. elsie

elsie
    Way over there on the left

When I went I noticed those signs. I believe that is the logging access road. Go down a little farther and you'll come to the road that goes up to the firing lanes.

They probably put them up because so many shooters were going up the wrong road and shooting anyways.

elsie

2. Knebel

Knebel
    Beaverton

I'm certain now that this is what happened, even tho I looked on maps with the satellite image... Further up I found the lanes but they were way overcrowded and we didn't wanna do the incline with our car. Stopped by the Beaver dam rock pit on the way home from the coast, was only one other guy there. Not too bad but man is there a lot of trash,I didn't even bother setting up any targets, wow.

3. Mikej

Mikej
    Portland
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer

Beaver Dam pit was just cleaned up a couple of months ago. :(

4. Cosimel

Cosimel
    Beaverton

I've been following this post and believe most, if not every time someone mentions encountering signage saying it's closed for target shooting, they are at the first turn off to the right you'll come across once you've left the highway. It even looks like a road you'd like to take, but it's not the turn off to the lanes. That is the second turn off to the right and most definitely doesn't look like a road you'd actually want to take; it's also not marked at all. I missed it my first time and ended up some nasty switch-backs before giving up and asking someone passing the opposite direction (which could have been forever, thankfully not). I've been up there probably a dozen times this year and have never seen any signs, let alone any stating the lane are closed. The first turn off is to a current logging site and the signs are to be sure nobody shows up and starts shooting before they figure it out.

BDA.45 likes this.
  5. Cogs

Cogs
    Washougal, WA.
    Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer

Occupant included? :rolleyes:

Yeah, those signs are for the other area they were logging in. They don't log in the shooting area but will post in areas where there is work being done. Confuses a lot of people but be assured, they didn't try to shut down the road where these lanes are.

BDA.45 and Reno911 like this.
  6. Cosimel

Cosimel
    Beaverton

Was up on lane #4 the other day and noticed that somebody shot the notice board, probably with a shotgun. How this was an attractive option for somebody I'll never understand, but it's going to be a constant reminder of how fragile an arrangement these lanes are and how we all must be ever vigilant in our stewardship of them.

20170704_080731.jpg 20170704_080722.jpg

7. Knebel

Knebel
    Beaverton

Thats Just not right. Why can't people just be appreciative that this was created, instead doing stuff like this will close it back up.

BDA.45, Cosimel and F2CMaDMaXX like this.
  8. P7id10T

P7id10T
    West Slope
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Stupidity and disrespect are two of the worst drugs known to mankind. They've tried for millennia to eradicate it through genetics, but it has been a losing game, and the numbers of people addicted to those drugs are ever increasing.

Cosimel, Knebel and F2CMaDMaXX like this.
  9. Koda

Koda
    Oregon
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

At the very least, if only just once... Id like to read about one of these folks getting arrested for that.

BDA.45, Cosimel, Cogs and 1 other person like this.
  10. Cogs

Cogs
    Washougal, WA.

Just in time! These signs are scheduled for a facelift and update. Hope they got it out of their system so the new signs last long. (Ha! Listen to me. What a dreamer!)

Did you see the sign someone blew apart at Wild Cat? @The Nothing posted pics. Perhaps he can put them up here as well.

We might need some help doing the repairs/replacements of signs in Tillamook and Mt Hood. Will keep you posted as we get closer.

Mikej, Cosimel, Timbertodd and 2 others like this.
  11. Timbertodd

Timbertodd
    Aloha
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer

Thanks Bill! Keep us posted, I think it will be pretty easy to get a few bodies together and make the repairs and replacements.

Cosimel and Cogs like this.
  12. Reno911

Reno911
    Hillsboro

I was up at four from 530 till 9 with my dad from out of town this morning. Site looked really good. A lot of steel cases lying around mostly. And one pile of woody debree and card board over to one side. I pulled out a bunch of the plastic and took it with me. Tried picking up a bunch of the steel cases too. My dad was really impressed with the sites, he is from Nevada, and really enjoyed getting to shoot here. Went through at least a couple hundred rounds of 223 and a bunch of nine. He even shoot my fire breather, I'll have to see if I can upload the video.

Left with smiles and left the site cleaner than it was when we showed up.

Thanks to those that are up there more often than I and keeping the sites clean!!!

IMG_0363.JPG IMG_0365.JPG

The fireball from a frame of the video added. IMG_0002.PNG

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
    BDA.45, PNWShooter, Cosimel and 5 others like this.
  13. Mike Johnson

Mike Johnson
    Oregon
    Member 2016 Volunteer

how are the roads going up there, do you have to have a truck?

14. BDA.45

BDA.45
    oregon
    Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

In my professional opinion, thats a great sign. I seriously expected the signs to be completely destroyed by now. SERIOUSLY... Im actually amazed at the cleanliness and non-destruction :confused: that these lanes have faced in the last year+.......Vigilant people is my only assumption. I guess just keep it up...

Cogs, Cosimel and Koda like this.
  15. Knebel

Knebel
    Beaverton

The roads are okay but we didn't try to make it up the incline in our scion. Thegrooves were too deep and we didn't want to damage the car.

16. Reno911

Reno911
    Hillsboro

Roads were clear and a little rutted. A Kia soul came up around 9am with four people in it, if that paints a picture.

F2CMaDMaXX likes this.
  17. nehalemguy

nehalemguy
    Vernonia
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2017 Volunteer

Yes. Yes it does.

images-1.jpeg

F2CMaDMaXX, Cosimel, Knebel and 2 others like this.
  18. Wrath

Wrath
    Wilsonville

Hi everyone,
    Is this place still open? And what is the furthest distance it goes to?
    I have a new Ruger Precision I want to break in.

19. Reno911

Reno911
    Hillsboro

Yes it is still open.

Site four has the furthest distance at 80 yards.

If you stay on the main road and head around to nofo or nolo road, I can't recall, there is a sight further in with 200 yards worth.

20. Cosimel

Cosimel
    Beaverton

I love the view up on lane #4 at first light! DSC_0273-HDR.jpg