JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thank you Reno! I just printed my own targets and found something to stick them on. Thank you for reminding me about the fire. Packed the extinguisher too! Gotta pick up some ammo and ear protection for the wife too...

But then ANYTHING from IKEA would make a good target.
:p

LOL. I have an IKEA bed frame anyone can have to shoot or use. While I was out on a business trip, wife and daughter cut out the tines in the headboard and started painting it (she hates black). Colossal failure, when I got back, we went out and bought a new bed ASAP.
Screw some 1x3's to the legs to make the stable, and you have two excellent backstops.

hemnes-bed-frame-gray__0533232_PE648444_S4.JPG

Signs said it was closed for logging. Went a little further and all lanes were way overcrowded. Bummer...

Hmmm... What's the deal with the signs? My understanding is the logging companies can not close the range maybe they post for the other roads? Or trying to make a effort to keep people out so they can fly down the road?
Anyway I pretty much don't even think about trying to go on the weekend anymore. This location is busy all of the time during the summer now, witch is good and bad.

When I went I noticed those signs. I believe that is the logging access road. Go down a little farther and you'll come to the road that goes up to the firing lanes.

They probably put them up because so many shooters were going up the wrong road and shooting anyways.

elsie

When I went I noticed those signs. I believe that is the logging access road. Go down a little farther and you'll come to the road that goes up to the firing lanes.

They probably put them up because so many shooters were going up the wrong road and shooting anyways.

elsie

I'm certain now that this is what happened, even tho I looked on maps with the satellite image... Further up I found the lanes but they were way overcrowded and we didn't wanna do the incline with our car. Stopped by the Beaver dam rock pit on the way home from the coast, was only one other guy there. Not too bad but man is there a lot of trash,I didn't even bother setting up any targets, wow.

I'm certain now that this is what happened, even tho I looked on maps with the satellite image... Further up I found the lanes but they were way overcrowded and we didn't wanna do the incline with our car. Stopped by the Beaver dam rock pit on the way home from the coast, was only one other guy there. Not too bad but man is there a lot of trash,I didn't even bother setting up any targets, wow.

Beaver Dam pit was just cleaned up a couple of months ago. :(

I've been following this post and believe most, if not every time someone mentions encountering signage saying it's closed for target shooting, they are at the first turn off to the right you'll come across once you've left the highway. It even looks like a road you'd like to take, but it's not the turn off to the lanes. That is the second turn off to the right and most definitely doesn't look like a road you'd actually want to take; it's also not marked at all. I missed it my first time and ended up some nasty switch-backs before giving up and asking someone passing the opposite direction (which could have been forever, thankfully not). I've been up there probably a dozen times this year and have never seen any signs, let alone any stating the lane are closed. The first turn off is to a current logging site and the signs are to be sure nobody shows up and starts shooting before they figure it out.

LOL. I have an IKEA bed frame anyone can have to shoot or use.
Occupant included? :rolleyes:

Hmmm... What's the deal with the signs?
Yeah, those signs are for the other area they were logging in. They don't log in the shooting area but will post in areas where there is work being done. Confuses a lot of people but be assured, they didn't try to shut down the road where these lanes are.

Was up on lane #4 the other day and noticed that somebody shot the notice board, probably with a shotgun. How this was an attractive option for somebody I'll never understand, but it's going to be a constant reminder of how fragile an arrangement these lanes are and how we all must be ever vigilant in our stewardship of them.

20170704_080731.jpg 20170704_080722.jpg

Thats Just not right. Why can't people just be appreciative that this was created, instead doing stuff like this will close it back up.
Stupidity and disrespect are two of the worst drugs known to mankind. They've tried for millennia to eradicate it through genetics, but it has been a losing game, and the numbers of people addicted to those drugs are ever increasing.

Just in time! These signs are scheduled for a facelift and update. Hope they got it out of their system so the new signs last long. (Ha! Listen to me. What a dreamer!)

Did you see the sign someone blew apart at Wild Cat? @The Nothing posted pics. Perhaps he can put them up here as well.

We might need some help doing the repairs/replacements of signs in Tillamook and Mt Hood. Will keep you posted as we get closer.

Just in time! These signs are scheduled for a facelift and update. Hope they got it out of their system so the new signs last long. (Ha! Listen to me. What a dreamer!)

Did you see the sign someone blew apart at Wild Cat? @The Nothing posted pics. Perhaps he can put them up here as well.

We might need some help doing the repairs/replacements of signs in Tillamook and Mt Hood. Will keep you posted as we get closer.
Thanks Bill! Keep us posted, I think it will be pretty easy to get a few bodies together and make the repairs and replacements.

I was up at four from 530 till 9 with my dad from out of town this morning. Site looked really good. A lot of steel cases lying around mostly. And one pile of woody debree and card board over to one side. I pulled out a bunch of the plastic and took it with me. Tried picking up a bunch of the steel cases too. My dad was really impressed with the sites, he is from Nevada, and really enjoyed getting to shoot here. Went through at least a couple hundred rounds of 223 and a bunch of nine. He even shoot my fire breather, I'll have to see if I can upload the video.

Left with smiles and left the site cleaner than it was when we showed up.

Thanks to those that are up there more often than I and keeping the sites clean!!!

IMG_0363.JPG IMG_0365.JPG

The fireball from a frame of the video added. IMG_0002.PNG

Last Edited:
Was up on lane #4 the other day and noticed that somebody shot the notice board, probably with a shotgun. How this was an attractive option for somebody I'll never understand, but it's going to be a constant reminder of how fragile an arrangement these lanes are and how we all must be ever vigilant in our stewardship of them.

View attachment 374660 View attachment 374661

In my professional opinion, thats a great sign. I seriously expected the signs to be completely destroyed by now. SERIOUSLY... Im actually amazed at the cleanliness and non-destruction :confused: that these lanes have faced in the last year+.......Vigilant people is my only assumption. I guess just keep it up...

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top