JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can't tell you how encouraging it is to see established shooting places like Wolf Creek. It goes without saying that there should be no trash left behind. But many people are simply thoughtless, self-centered littering douchebags. With that as a sad given, at least a lot of their discarded crap is somewhat contained in designated lanes like Wolf Creek and (hopefully) less of it in other places.

Most shooters do their share to pick up after themselves (and even cooler shooters are willing to pick up after others - thanks guys).

But what's going to close down ALL impromptu shooting sites, and cause unprecedented and excruciating prohibitive restrictions across the board, is foolishness like this in random spots everywhere. I was just exploring in my car (not the truck) when I stumbled over this mess. Lesson learned there is to carry gloves and a few trash bags in the car, too, whether I'm going shooting or not!

trash.JPG

I tried going up there today. My minivan was able to handle the roads fine as long as I went slowly around the pot holes. Unfortunately, when I got up there I found signs saying target shooting was forbidden due to logging in the area.

I think those signs are for the people who shoot in areas not designated for shooting. I was up there on Sunday and saw the signs too. But there are no signs at the range. Those signs are to discourage people from shooting where they are not supposed to.

I can't tell you how encouraging it is to see established shooting places like Wolf Creek. It goes without saying that there should be no trash left behind. But many people are simply thoughtless, self-centered littering douchebags. With that as a sad given, at least a lot of their discarded crap is somewhat contained in designated lanes like Wolf Creek and (hopefully) less of it in other places.

Most shooters do their share to pick up after themselves (and even cooler shooters are willing to pick up after others - thanks guys).

But what's going to close down ALL impromptu shooting sites, and cause unprecedented and excruciating prohibitive restrictions across the board, is foolishness like this in random spots everywhere. I was just exploring in my car (not the truck) when I stumbled over this mess. Lesson learned there is to carry gloves and a few trash bags in the car, too, whether I'm going shooting or not!

View attachment 360618
Well said. Right on target.

Had the chance to shoot on lane #3 this morning with some guys from J&B Firearm Sales one of whom helped to design and set up the N. Wolf Creek lanes; if I forgot to thank you . . . Thank You! They even let me fire a fully auto AK-47 and a Kriss Vector 9mm pistol (and not a SBR), too much fun! To have this place and the people you'll meet is truly a blessing.

Had the chance to shoot on lane #3 this morning with some guys from J&B Firearm Sales one of whom helped to design and set up the N. Wolf Creek lanes; if I forgot to thank you . . . Thank You! They even let me fire a fully auto AK-47 and a Kriss Vector 9mm pistol (and not a SBR), too much fun! To have this place and the people you'll meet is truly a blessing.
That's what it's all about, right there.
Good people sharing and having fun !

Toss in some good BBQ and you've got the full meal deal !

I hadn't had a chance to visit the lanes for a couple weeks so I left work a little early today with a couple extra Glock magazines.

Lanes #1, 3, & 4 were not in too bad shape, but lane #2 looked like a disaster zone.

20170508_160602.jpg

I picked up the usual truck load and moved on.

20170508_165404.jpg

I'm beginning to re-think the idea of hanging garbage bags. Folks are using them but they are putting food garbage and wrappers in them and the vermin and scavengers are tearing the bags open.
20170508_155130.jpg

Yep, Nehalemguy is da man !
Too bad there are such wanton slobs in our sport.

I wish somehow LE could bag a few and slap some maximum littering fines on them so they get wallet-hurt and spread the word to their slob brethren.
someone should install cameras in EACH lane to catch these scumbags!!!

surely someone on here has one of those cameras

someone should install cameras in EACH lane to catch these scumbags!!!

surely someone on here has one of those cameras

I know that a couple guys have talked about cameras. Please forgive me for not being too excited about the idea. I guess my question is how useful are cameras really?

If the goal is to get someone slapped with a ticket, I would think you would need a series of photos that would document the person arriving with targets, setting up said targets, leaving without picking up their targets, and then a photo that somehow identifies that person (license plate?). All of that sounds very difficult to obtain from a fixed position camera.

I related a story to another member here about a security camera at my work that filmed a guy stealing a company vehicle from our equipment yard. The camera clearly showed some dude (well, we assume it was a dude...never really sure these days) getting in the truck and driving away, but without any way to identify who it was, the video was pretty much useless as a tool to catch the guy.

E

went there today. saw about 12 cars come and go..... jesus christ.

correct me if im wrong, today is a weekday, correct???? cant image how busy it is on the weekend..
FWIW......When I shoot on weekdays, I go after work and usually arrive around 4:30-5:00 and I have the place mostly to myself.

E

I just got a Galil Machine gun and a buddy of mine took that and his new Kriss up there on Sunday morning. We got there by 8 and every lane had people shooting. Luckily the gentleman at Lane 3 semmed decent and we shared the lane with him.

I was talking with another forum member during a sale, He mentioned that there were signs up on North Fork Wolf Creek FSR saying "No Target Shooting, Active Logging operations in progress."

I'm happy to report that the logging operations signs are on the first right turn. They've done a heck of a job clearing that section. If you keep on the main gravel road and go to the second right turn there are no signs restricting target shooting. There were some people out there in lane 2.

So, looks like we are good to go.

@spider ;)

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top