JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Does anyone know if it is safe for a 2010 Corolla to get up there in these wet conditions? I didnt have a problem during the summer.

Or should i rent a 4x4?
Logging activity has the road muddy. You will definitely need a wash when you are done. The road itself is solid, just the top surface is slicked up.

E

Does anyone know if it is safe for a 2010 Corolla to get up there in these wet conditions? I didnt have a problem during the summer.

Or should i rent a 4x4?
You shouldn't have any problems.

If you're coming to the clean up, and you don't want to risk it getting up the road to the lanes, someone should be able to grab you if you pull out in one if the pull outs on the bottom main road.

Numerous reports of black ice on Hwy 26 this morning in the Banks, Manning, Timber Junction areas. Several cars reported in the ditch at various locations. Drive slow.

E

IMG_7862.JPG IMG_7863.JPG Hey all,
I went out there today around noon. The weather was a bit foggy and slightly drizzling which was good because it seemed to have kept people away haha.
They were logging in the area so please be careful driving back there. The cables are overhead.
I shot at lane 4 which was slightly trashed. Lots of Orange clays remnants and shot up beer cans. I picked up as much as I could but it was VERY MUDDY.
As I was cleaning up another member of the forum pulled up and we had a nice quick chat as he set up.
That's all for now just wanted to give a range update.
(I took one bag of garbage out)

Thanks !
Keeping it clean might put some peer pressure on the slobs to modify their behavior.

I wonder if a trash bag dispenser mounted to each signboard would help ?
I could come up with a simple design out of 4" - 6" PVC/ABS .
Maybe ODF has already developed something ?

Last Edited:
Thanks !
Keeping it clean might put some peer pressure on the slobs to modify their behavior.

I wonder if a trash bag dispenser mounted to each signboard would help ?
I could come up with a simple design out of 4" - 6" PVC/ABS .
Maybe ODF has already developed something ?
They don't want to encourage trash related activities because instead of picking up the area, people tend to use it as a dump. The clays for the most part are biodegradable btw, so don't feel as obligated to recover those pieces.

Hey Moonman - That was me that took over the lane after you left. Nice to meet you!

Had fun shooting my Mini-30 Thursday afternoon. Almost had my new scope sighted in and then ran out of good ammo. Tried to finish sighting in with Tula and undid all my work before realizing that the bullets were flying every which way. Oh well.... guess that just means another excuse to go shooting.

I picked up some trash and spent 10 minutes picking up spent casings and shells near the firing line before leaving. The shooting lane looked very good compared to when I had seen it before. Kudos to those of you who participated in the cleanup the other weekend! I will need to join you next time.

View attachment 346611 View attachment 346612 Hey all,
I went out there today around noon. The weather was a bit foggy and slightly drizzling which was good because it seemed to have kept people away haha.
They were logging in the area so please be careful driving back there. The cables are overhead.
I shot at lane 4 which was slightly trashed. Lots of Orange clays remnants and shot up beer cans. I picked up as much as I could but it was VERY MUDDY.
As I was cleaning up another member of the forum pulled up and we had a nice quick chat as he set up.
That's all for now just wanted to give a range update.
(I took one bag of garbage out)
Just a reminder, clays are an approved target and they are biodegradable. They don't need to be picked up or trashed. If anything, give them a good stomp and mash them up a little more. If whole, keep and reuse as targets. Yes visually speaking they look like the site has trash, but they ate meant to degrade and disappear. So leaving them is perfectly good in ODFs book as in mine.

I am meeting my daughter and son-in-law out there tomorrow morning. Bought a new toy this morning so I have to try it out. My hope is to get onto lane 3 EARLY. If you are up there and see a red Toyota 4x4 stop and say hi.

I am meeting my daughter and son-in-law out there tomorrow morning. Bought a new toy this morning so I have to try it out. My hope is to get onto lane 3 EARLY. If you are up there and see a red Toyota 4x4 stop and say hi.
Should have decent weather, but it will be muddy from today's rain and the pond in front of the berm will be nice and full.

Have fun !

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top