JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What would be the chances of having the Forest Service post some signs letting folks know that the lanes would be cleaned on the 25th and would not be available for use till noon that day? We might get some users who are not familiar with NWFA and what went into getting the lanes built show up to help.
@Cogs and I are on it.

All excited. Got the wifey all ready this morning for some V day shooting and such. Loaded up the truck with targets, bags, steel plates, guns, ammo, chairs etc etc......Went to leave and fired up the truck, nothing. WTF??? Apparently I left my headlights on all night last night....Sigh.......

All excited. Got the wifey all ready this morning for some V day shooting and such. Loaded up the truck with targets, bags, steel plates, guns, ammo, chairs etc etc......Went to leave and fired up the truck, nothing. WTF??? Apparently I left my headlights on all night last night....Sigh.......

:( Now that's a bummer. Hopefully you still had a nice day with the wifey :)

We were out at lane three on Friday afternoon having a ton of fun with some fellow shooters we met at the line that were waaaay too gracious in sharing there different weapons with us (everything from a FN P90 to a police issue .38 special to a Standard D12). Thank B. and T!

Anyway, we might have left a set of keys lying at the shooting line. If anybody has seen them, I would appreciate a PM to figure out how to get them back.

We were out at lane three on Friday afternoon having a ton of fun with some fellow shooters we met at the line that were waaaay too gracious in sharing there different weapons with us (everything from a FN P90 to a police issue .38 special to a Standard D12). Thank B. and T!

Anyway, we might have left a set of keys lying at the shooting line. If anybody has seen them, I would appreciate a PM to figure out how to get them back.

We had a blast hanging out with you guys as well :) Our initial plan was to leave way earlier to make it to the PDX gun show but we had such a good time it got too late to go to downtown PDX :) We had a good chuckle about Bill's scary van on the way home ;-)

Hope you found your keys

Hello-I am brand new here and would like to get involved in the community. I think I can help clean up this sat. Feb. 25 but likely won't arrive until 11:00ish. Can someone please send me the location and directions to get to "Lane 3"?
Thanks much!
Jeff

Sorry I'm a bit late to the party, guys & gals. Been kinda busy putting together the organizational stuff of Trash No Land. We're now a Nonprofit Corporation! Based in WA State, and awaiting our Federal status as a 501(c)3 organization. Focused specifically on target shooting on public land. We are planning a few cleanups this summer, along with a couple of meet-n-greet fun day shoots, plenty of education & awareness information designed to promote responsible shooting on public land, seeking grants for further development of improved fire safe shooting lanes and we'll be doing a lot of fundraising events. It will take a while till we're up to full speed. In the meantime....

... Let's get together and do a cleanup on Sat, Feb 25th? Start at 9 AM at Lane 3. Being rather short notice, we'll simply do a BYOL cleanup (Bring Your Own Lunch). Nothing fancy. No frills and thrills, (like the prize drawings or anything), just show up, sign up, get the place cleaned up and get to the fun part. I'll arrange for the trash bags and disposal. Shouldn't take long till we're shooting and having a great time!

Gotta say "Thanks, @Mikej " for the good words! You're right about not needing all the whistles and bells. The idea is that we are making a statement about being responsible for the privilege of free shooting on public land, showing our respect for recreational target shooting and getting gun owners involved. It's how we get our message across to others.

I'll put a word out on the Trash No Land Facebook page, the web site and the blog. We should get a few non-NWFA members to join us. (I won't be starting a new thread about this cleanup on NWFA, however, will be giving full support as a NWFA inspired event. So, if someone wants to post a thread about that, post it in the Events & Get Togethers section. We really don't need a whole lot of people. 10 or more would be just fine! It would be good, however, to encourage members to get involved and show their support for public land shooting.)

(Oh great! Last year's first cleanup was Feb 28th which was a cold, wet and miserable day. I hope it's not a repeat. Still, we had about 25 volunteers showed up. I swore I would never do another February cleanup!)

See you then! We'll have a good 'ol time!

Bill
Got it started!

On the Events page website: Trash No Land Events

On Facebook: Tillamook Lanes Cleanup Event

On the Blog: Trash No Land

See y'all there! It'll be a BLAST!

Used lane 4 lots of trash I did what I could it's hard for me with having a bad back I did 2 big black garbage bags and none of it was mine. Looks like lots of work needs to be done to get it back to how it looked last summer. It's a muddy mess trying to pick stuf up. IMG_2147.JPG IMG_2195.JPG

Bring rakes! I think this place lends itself nicely to raking. Hopefully, it will not be so muddy by the 25th!

We're planning some improvements to the short pistol berms. Trying to get them to hold up better and stay in tact. They certainly need some help! Will keep you posted at things develop. ODF is on it!

Bill

Hello again-new guy Hurtaki/Jeff here. I should be able to get to the Wolf Cr. Site to help clean up sat morning closer to 9:00. Are folks still planning to meet then/there?
Thanks!
Jeff

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top