JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They're all idiots. I have another can of paint in my truck, but I would have only put a dent that since it took a whole can for the front side. Three coats to cover that bubblegumming orange.
I was at Lincoln City earlier this week. At the beach a guy was pressure washing a wall of graffiti from one of the hotels. It looked pretty low pressure but was doing a great job of 90%. Some white painted words didn't come off, though.

In this case, on the inner walls at Wolfcreek, is it worth the effort? I know painted rocks just spurs more idiots to show their skills.

will we be able to use 30 round mags or 17 round mags at these shooting sites if the ban passes? Thousands of hours of free cleanups by shooters...how will we be rewarded? Does anyone know?

could we lacquer/or similiar the barriers so paint won't stick......there was a skate park I used to ride that had some clear anti paint surface on it...

I was at Lincoln City earlier this week. At the beach a guy was pressure washing a wall of graffiti from one of the hotels. It looked pretty low pressure but was doing a great job of 90%. Some white painted words didn't come off, though.

In this case, on the inner walls at Wolfcreek, is it worth the effort? I know painted rocks just spurs more idiots to show their skills.
I decided to only use the pressure washer on the rocks, just to restore them back to their natural state, but the concrete Jersey barriers are okay to paint over.

I tried the anti-graffti coating and found out we would need to rinse the graffiti off with warm water. So that's not going to work in the woods.

When using the pressure washer, we use the graffiti removal solvent and usually need to apply 2 to 3 coats before it gets all the layers off. It depends too on the type of paint they tagged it with.

Yeah, I see graffiti all over the city and think "Hey, I can clean that"... then I think "nah. I'm staying with only stuff in the forest".

I'm out of town on vacation this week, but will pick up a stock of paint for Wolf Creek next week. I'll try to get it to someone who can do some more coverup.

will we be able to use 30 round mags or 17 round mags at these shooting sites if the ban passes? Thousands of hours of free cleanups by shooters...how will we be rewarded? Does anyone know?
1. Public land
2.2nd amendment
3.We the People (I am the militia) shall not be infringed! Period!!
4. wolf creek will just become a public shooting competition area!!
i mean i "compete w myself and family every time i shoot! so my mags are very legal right?

1. Public land
2.2nd amendment
i mean i "compete w myself and family every time i shoot! so my mags are very legal right?
i mean shoot the 114 says shooting competition are exempt from the law right?
since this bill is so poorly written i dont believe it says anything about being sanctioned or approved competition by any organization? if so then as a group and trash no land we can just simply state Wolf creek shooting lanes competitions have Free competitions Friday - Sunday and practice starts @ light Monday - thursday ends at Dusk..!! sponsored by donations of the said groups.

All about the wording folks!!

1. Public land
2.2nd amendment
I cannot imagine giving up our rights in our own homes! these pits are our homes! Been shooting in the woods of Oregon for generations... Not gonna Gentrify my woods!

I decided to only use the pressure washer on the rocks, just to restore them back to their natural state, but the concrete Jersey barriers are okay to paint over.

I tried the anti-graffti coating and found out we would need to rinse the graffiti off with warm water. So that's not going to work in the woods.

When using the pressure washer, we use the graffiti removal solvent and usually need to apply 2 to 3 coats before it gets all the layers off. It depends too on the type of paint they tagged it with.

Yeah, I see graffiti all over the city and think "Hey, I can clean that"... then I think "nah. I'm staying with only stuff in the forest".

I'm out of town on vacation this week, but will pick up a stock of paint for Wolf Creek next week. I'll try to get it to someone who can do some more coverup.
I'm not available weekends but sometimes earlier in the week. PM me. Thanks.

A little treat for y'all.

I woke up this morning at 3:30 and thought... "Do it. Just get up and go do it." So I did.

Left at 4:30 and got there at 6. All lanes open. Started on lane 4. Some guys showed up and took lane 3 before I could get there, so I did lane 2. Then lane 1. I still want to get lane 3 recovered to match the other lanes.

Too much trash to get it all, so I got some big stuff and mostly stuff around the jersey barriers. Pulled out 4 tires too. Got home and went straight to the dump. Not bad at the cost for $29. It was only 160 lbs + 4 tires. So, we still need to keep at removing what trash we can, when we can.

Met several real nice folks.

Camera action is a bit shaky, but I needed practice and learning how to shoot freehand. I need lots more practice!

My treat! Enjoy!

Firing Line Cleanup 9-3-22

Bill

So Bill, what are those tall can of paint? I keep that Rustoleum in my truck, but it looks like what you have covers a whole lot better.
I get them from Miller Paint. Really tall! They have a wide spray and cover a lot of surface quickly. One can does almost 2 sides of 1 jersey barrier. They cost about $24 per can compared to a regular can at around $11, but may go farther than a regular can.

At our last cleanup & repair, I had bought the same thing in White! Didn't like that so now I'm back to the Grey primer can. The small can is a darker grey for the accents.

paint.jpg

It seems to me, when the barriers are just one solid color, (no accents or design), they get tagged right away. But when we have put on the design the don't get tagged so soon. I wonder if the pattern makes a difference?

It seems to me, when the barriers are just one solid color, (no accents or design), they get tagged right away. But when we have put on the design the don't get tagged so soon. I wonder if the pattern makes a difference?
Maybe the accents are actually some kind of "tagger code" that says "Don't tag for 30 days" and you don't know it. 🤣

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top