JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sold! How much?
I like dry days, I generate more power.
Screenshot_20220401-184332_Tesla.jpg

Wow it looks like y'all were busy last weekend? I wanted to go target shooting and I'm tired of paying $20. Is this place open again for outdoor target practice? I know it's probably busy on weekends but I was thinking of going on weekdays. If this is not a good option I'm open to something else in the vicinity. Thanks!

Wow it looks like y'all were busy last weekend? I wanted to go target shooting and I'm tired of paying $20. Is this place open again for outdoor target practice? I know it's probably busy on weekends but I was thinking of going on weekdays. If this is not a good option I'm open to something else in the vicinity. Thanks!
Skip the weekdays this week, and come join us for the big cleanup next weekend!

Welcome to the forum!

You'll have a great time next Saturday! Besides all the good we'll do, to help keep this special place open, we'll also enjoy a good lunch, win prizes and a group shoot when we're done.

See ya there?

Bill

Skip the weekdays this week, and come join us for the big cleanup next weekend!

Welcome to the forum!

You'll have a great time next Saturday! Besides all the good we'll do, to help keep this special place open, we'll also enjoy a good lunch, win prizes and a group shoot when we're done.

See ya there?

Bill
I would definitely go but my wife made plans for me this weekend. Is the cleanup happening for a while? That's awesome of you guys to do that and help make it a better place to shoot.

Brett

I would definitely go but my wife made plans for me this weekend. Is the cleanup happening for a while? That's awesome of you guys to do that and help make it a better place to shoot.

Brett
Oh well, keep an eye on this thread for the next group cleanup. Lots of others simply clean up as they use the lanes, and that's how it should be with everyone, but we see that some people have no respect for what we have on public lands. We gotta work together and keep our favorite places to shoot clean so it stays open!

Suggestion... Get a new wife! :D

I AM SIMPLY AMAZED!

So when I was last up to the lanes it was an absolute trash hole, hence my post about needing a bigger truck.

I went to take pictures today so there is a better idea for hauling equipment and someone has been very busy with the cleaning of the trash. Who ever you are, please identify yourself and receive the proper accolades.👏👏👏

Lane 1
IMG_20220517_093252642.jpg
Lane 2
IMG_20220517_095708611.jpg
Lane 3
IMG_20220517_100023966.jpg
Need to build that short berm back up.
IMG_20220517_100021546.jpg
Lane 4
IMG_20220517_100308799.jpg
IMG_20220517_100204732.jpg

Gunna need to bring more boolits!

I AM SIMPLY AMAZED!

So when I was last up to the lanes it was an absolute trash hole, hence my post about needing a bigger truck.

I went to take pictures today so there is a better idea for hauling equipment and someone has been very busy with the cleaning of the trash. Who ever you are, please identify yourself and receive the proper accolades.👏👏👏

Lane 1
View attachment 1201542
Lane 2
View attachment 1201543
Lane 3
View attachment 1201544
Need to build that short berm back up.
View attachment 1201545
Lane 4
View attachment 1201546
View attachment 1201547

Nice! Great recon work! Thanks!

Yes on the more boolits!

It means we can focus more on the kiosk repairs, sign hanging and graffiti coverup.

But then again, we still have 3 more days till we get there!

Yeah, I'd like to know who picked up the big stuff! Good work!

View attachment 1201547

Darn. That post on the left is something we didn't plan on. I can't see leaving it like that, so I'll need to buy one and bring it. Same goes for the bottom horizontal one, however, we should be able to move the top one down to the bottom. We'll be replacing the top one anyway, with the new one that has the lane 4 name engraved on it, so that should work. I think the post on the right side will still be okay to keep.

I know it's a 4x6, but what length should I get? At least 8 ft, or should I get a 10ft and cut it down if needed? We'll need a cordless sawzall or recip saw.

Good thing I'm renting an auger! I found a little better price at Baseline Rental Station in Cornelius at $70/day. I'll use it for the gate post at the entryway, but we'll be able to use it here too.

Dang. This cleanup is getting expensive! (But I think it's worth it to have a nice place to shoot and show how we value an improved shooting place). Hopefully our efforts will stand to reason with the ones who haven't cared about this place and prompt a realization of what we have here.

Talk it up with friends, neighbors and co-workers, to come join the fun and good deeds! We need a good showing of responsible shooters who value this kind of improvement to recreational shooting! It speaks volumes to more than this one forest agency!

Lots of prizes on the table too! I've got a good burger & dog lunch lined up too!

This event is definitely the most expensive event Trash No Land has put on. Over the $600 mark. It's made possible from the grant a private foundation gave us early this year and contributions from supporters. When our board of directors discussed what to do with the money, citizen a (TNL Board member Aaron), suggested we put more money into shooting lane improvements. We all agreed and that's what we're doing. Help us if you can. We share the fun, we should share in the care.

Thanks all,
Bill

I'm thinking this will be the first Wolf Creek clean up that I will miss.
Recent shoulder surgery to repair a shredded rotator cuff and upper bicep tendon (yep, both of them) is keeping me to light duty.
And its my dominant arm so I haven't been doing any shooting and probably wont for a while.
You all have fun! I look forward to the pictures and videos.

I'm thinking this will be the first Wolf Creek clean up that I will miss.
Recent shoulder surgery to repair a shredded rotator cuff and upper bicep tendon (yep, both of them) is keeping me to light duty.
And its my dominant arm so I haven't been doing any shooting and probably wont for a while.
You all have fun! I look forward to the pictures and videos.
We will miss you! Sure appreciate all your help in past cleanups!

Take care and heal up!

Bill

Got the tent up on the truck. Even if it rains I'll be cozy! Looking forward to seeing you all!

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top