JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Right now the only thing that I'm aware of is that @Cogs, his neighbor George, and I are picking up a dozen or so trees and planting them across from lane 3 Saturday. Probably be done by noon, 1pm. We are not asking for help, but if you just happen to be up there tomorrow late morning, stop by. Otherwise, @Cogs and I are dealing with family dynamics that are time consuming and unpredictable, as a result we'll probably not be spearheading a clean up effort in November, maybe not even in December, these things are . . . unpredictable. But that doesn't mean a clean up can't be done, somebody pick a date and ask for volunteers, it always seems to work out well.
Yep, we had planned to return in the fall to do a 2nd planting, depending on how many plants died over the hot summer, and finish this safety project. I still have $200 left over from the spring fundraising, so we'll use that and get it done. Anything beyond that can come from the general funds at TNL.

October was swamped for me, as I was consumed with the new shooting lane project in the Santiam State Forest. I had a deadline of Nov 1 to spend the NRA Grant funds. It consumed every weekend in Oct for me. But it was worth it! Nice place to shoot!!!

Yes, we still have ongoing maintenance to do at Wolf Creek. Of course cleanup every time we go out, the sign repairs and new kiosk signage. Beyond that, we still are going to upgrade lanes 1 & 4. I still have the $2500 we raised for that project, but was never approved for the Federal Pitman-Robertson Grant of $24,000 we applied for. I didn't have the time or help to do a major fundraiser this year. This time I'll try for a non-federal grant source for next spring, but it'd help to have someone on the team who has some experience on grant searching and applications. My primary help on grants has been from ODF people.

For November, my brothers and I are teaming up to take care of Mom in Klamath Falls. She had a recent hospital visit that woke us up to the reality that she needs more help than ever before. It was Pneumonia, and at the age of 88 it can take you out fairly quickly. She also has hip problems and hasn't been able to walk, even with the walker, so she's currently in rehab. Meanwhile, Bro's and I are working on the house, paying bills and trying to make things better for when she comes home soon. Today is my only day available to get the safety project done, so @Cosimel and I are going to do it.

Needless to say, November doesn't work for me to do any 'events'. But if someone else does, I can help support it. Dec & Jan never work well either, as it's always a crap shoot for weather and it's typically the time I focus on the business end of TNL. It's also when I do the general planning for spring & summer events and seek out grants.

So, we hope individuals can clean up as we go and keep that place in good shape until next spring.

Bill

Sorry to hear that, I pray everything works out and you get a little down time soon enough.
Thanks for heading out there today and working hard anyway, my excuse pales in comparison.

Thanks for the supporting words, guys!

@Cosimel and I got it done! So glad we had good weather! The lanes were full and cars waiting in the wings for an open spot. Most everyone sharing lanes. Lots of trash at all lanes and targets way up on the hillside at each lane. We got some graffiti to cover up too.

11-13-21 Final Planting 1.jpg 11-13-21 Final Planting 2.jpg 11-13-21 Final Planting 3.jpg

11-13-21 Final Planting 4.jpg 11-13-21 Final Planting 5.jpg 11-13-21 Final Planting 6.jpg

11-13-21 Final Planting 7.jpg 11-13-21 Final Planting 8.jpg

The Charles and Susan Smith Tree... They have been members of Trash No Land for several years now at the $100 Protector level. They are not members on NWFA. He invited me to his house in Portland to visit and learn more about our organization. Real nice folks, and although he rarely gets to go shooting any more, they both are strong supporters of the Second Amendment and believe in what we're doing on public lands.

Recently, he had to sell his house and move to Arizona due to health concerns with his wife. As he moved, he sent Trash No Land a nice donation. In appreciation, I wrote back and let him know I would dedicate a tree in his name.

Henceforth and forthwith, let it be known, the largest Vine Maple tree shall be known as the Charles and Susan Smith Tree! :)

Anyone up there today? How much snow?
Not today, but I drove by that area on Saturday. About 1-2 inches trying to stay on the ground. Muddy and wet. Trip Check cameras help gauge your trip. The Timber Junction camera is roughly 1-2 miles away from the turn off.

Not today, but I drove by that area on Saturday. About 1-2 inches trying to stay on the ground. Muddy and wet. Trip Check cameras help gauge your trip. The Timber Junction camera is roughly 1-2 miles away from the turn off.
@Reno Thanks for the reminder about Trip Check website. I always forget about that.

I just received a phone call from a Trash No Land follower about an abandoned F250 or 350 pickup truck near Lane 4. It's been, and is being stripped piece by piece right now.

Any photos?

I called ODF, Randy, and left a message. I don't think we should try to haul it out of there until we hear if it's okay to do so. They may want to run a check on stolen vehicles before we touch it.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top