JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Today's clean-up at the N. Wolf Creek Shooting Lanes was quite successful, and with only seven volunteers in attendance. A very special thanks to all who made it out today. The good news was that it appears somebody, or many somebodies, had already done a fairly good job of cleaning the lanes probably no more than a week ago since both @arrowshooter and I have been up there since the 4th of July and it was looking pretty bad. This was not only good news in that we were able to get all the lanes cleaned today, but more importantly, it means people are cleaning the lanes on their own initiative, something we've been promoting for years. So here's the before pictures:
View attachment 993422View attachment 993421View attachment 993423View attachment 993424View attachment 993425View attachment 993426View attachment 993427View attachment 993428
I didn't bother with after photos since the lanes were all in full use and with everything the shooters had set up, it would probably make them look like the before photos. As you can see, the lanes weren't that bad. We did manage to get 23 trash bags worth of trash and the tire @Cogs found last week, much of it was around the parking spots at each of the lanes, but no sign of domestic dumping.
View attachment 993430

Six of the seven volunteers today, well done guys !!!!
View attachment 993429

View attachment 993413 View attachment 993414 View attachment 993415 View attachment 993416 View attachment 993417 View attachment 993418 View attachment 993419 View attachment 993420
It was a great introduction to the lanes for me, and a chance to meet some of the community. A couple of hours of picking up trash once in a while is a small price to pay for having this facility in which to recreate.

@Cosimel , what was the cost of disposal, and where did you dump it? I'm curious to know if I won the jackpot for the 'Guess the cost' game (I guessed $150)! Who was the good Samaritan that took it to the dump?

Last Edited:
Has anyone checked the planting safety project lately? I'll bet it's pretty dry!

Next watering trip will be Aug 7th, Saturday. I think @Cosimel might join me. I'm shooting for 8 AM.

When we did the planting project, there was a guy who went above and beyond the call and put in extra effort to help make this happen. He mentioned he'd like to have a water tank like the one I have. I really appreciate the use of his trailers and the efforts he went through to get the chips and water up to the project. SO,...

I'm giving @drewp that big water tank! It's 330 gallons and was donated to Trash No Land just before the project happened. I've used it for 3 trips to Wolf Creek watering and 3 times out cleaning graffiti. It works great and no leaks. It is missing the top 6" cap, because I forgot to put it back on the last time we watered the plants (it's probably laying along the road).

Last weekend, I bought a 275 gallon tank, from a lady in Estacada, for $35 bucks! Great buy! It fits my truck nicely and is more appropriate for our normal needs. I have no room for the big one and I remember Drewp's comment and his extra efforts. So, enjoy that tank!

Water Tanks 1.jpg Water Tank Lid.jpg

Has anyone checked the planting safety project lately? I'll bet it's pretty dry!

Next watering trip will be Aug 7th, Saturday. I think @Cosimel might join me. I'm shooting for 8 AM.

When we did the planting project, there was a guy who went above and beyond the call and put in extra effort to help make this happen. He mentioned he'd like to have a water tank like the one I have. I really appreciate the use of his trailers and the efforts he went through to get the chips and water up to the project. SO,...

I'm giving @drewp that big water tank! It's 330 gallons and was donated to Trash No Land just before the project happened. I've used it for 3 trips to Wolf Creek watering and 3 times out cleaning graffiti. It works great and no leaks. It is missing the top 6" cap, because I forgot to put it back on the last time we watered the plants (it's probably laying along the road).

Last weekend, I bought a 275 gallon tank, from a lady in Estacada, for $35 bucks! Great buy! It fits my truck nicely and is more appropriate for our normal needs. I have no room for the big one and I remember Drewp's comment and his extra efforts. So, enjoy that tank!

Hey @Cogs, I'd love to join you on the 7th.

Just found this on the TFS Blog:
N. Fork Wolf Creek Shooting Lanes (updated 08.13.2021)
The N. Fork Wolf Creek Lanes are CLOSED
to public use.

Just found this on the TFS Blog:
N. Fork Wolf Creek Shooting Lanes (updated 08.13.2021)
The N. Fork Wolf Creek Lanes are CLOSED
to public use.

Yes. The Government Of The People, By The People and For The People has closed our land to US, the people of The United States. Your elected representatives have decided you are not to be trusted on your own land. Stand by, Identification papers to travel freely are soon to come.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top