JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Geez, I must've driven past it dozens of times and not known it was up there. I'm looking forward to getting up there with my GP100 this summer. Thanks all for the info on it!
Go real early in the day. On weekends you might have to get there before sun up, like dark. Be sure and have the basic fire tools. And you may want to get up there quick because with temps supposed to go over 100 next weekend my guess is the entire forest will be shut down to shooting anywhere and everywhere. Including those lanes.

@Cogs They shut it all down last year didn't they?

Go real early in the day. On weekends you might have to get there before sun up, like dark. Be sure and have the basic fire tools. And you may want to get up there quick because with temps supposed to go over 100 next weekend my guess is the entire forest will be shut down to shooting anywhere and everywhere. Including those lanes.

Yes they did, for a little over a week.

Yes they did, for a little over a week.
That's all huh? Well that's good to hear. I have a funny feeling that with all the fires last year, and more to come this year, that our overseers could possibly lock everyone out of the forests for anything. I don't go out there to shoot anymore because TWO drives across potland is too tense for a day at the range. Not to mention having to be there at pretty much O-dark-30, even on a weekday.

Dude, your profile pic, is that Tom Petersen (and Gloria Too!) giving someone the bird?

Dude, your profile pic, is that Tom Petersen (and Gloria Too!) giving someone the bird?
:s0140: First time I've heard that one! Love it. No, it's not Tom Peterson, or Gloria Too. It's actually my Dad and Mom. The year before he passed in Dec 2010 my brother and I, for Christmas, got them a gift certificate for the best steak House in the Salt Lake Valley. The surprise they didn't know about when the night to go out came around was the stretch limo ride. Dad was having fun with the dark tinted windows in the limo. Dad, up until he passed at 90, would have his before dinner 2 fingers of cheap scotch with an ice cube. He may have had two that night. Sometimes he partied. :D

Thanks for asking! ;)

:s0140: First time I've heard that one! Love it. No, it's not Tom Peterson, or Gloria Too. It's actually my Dad and Mom. The year before he passed in Dec 2010 my brother and I, for Christmas, got them a gift certificate for the best steak House in the Salt Lake Valley. The surprise they didn't know about when the night to go out came around was the stretch limo ride. Dad was having fun with the dark tinted windows in the limo. Dad, up until he passed at 90, would have his before dinner 2 fingers of cheap scotch with an ice cube. He may have had two that night. Sometimes he partied. :D

Thanks for asking! ;)
Oh that's too funny- thank you for clarifying. I hope the question didn't offend.

Oh that's too funny- thank you for clarifying. I hope the question didn't offend.
Not a bit. There was a time another member took offence to the avatar thinking it was me. Something about being me in the picture explains something or other in a discussion. It was nothing too serious and after explaining the pic it was all good. I've though about taking it down, but I figure people should be smart enough to pause......before making a snap judgment. So I leave it. In your case, you gave me a good laugh and showed a great sense of humor. :D

Not a bit. There was a time another member took offence to the avatar thinking it was me. Something about being me in the picture explains something or other in a discussion. It was nothing too serious and after explaining the pic it was all good. I've though about taking it down, but I figure people should be smart enough to pause......before making a snap judgment. So I leave it. In your case, you gave me a good laugh and showed a great sense of humor. :D
Believe it or not, I remember that thread too lol

Think it's time to water the plants? I'm trying to pick a day this for this weekend. Either Sunday or Monday early morning. I think a couple hundred gallons outta do it.

Has anyone looked at the new trees in the day use area lately? I picture them pretty scorched by now.

Maybe Monday morning would be best. Then I could put out fires from the Jackwagons who started them on Sunday night! And if they're still there, and hung over, I'll spray them down too!

Maybe Monday morning would be best. Then I could put out fires from the Jackwagons who started them on Sunday night! And if they're still there, and hung over, I'll spray them down too!
Ya, I was going to say, you don't want to be anywhere near the lanes on the 4th of July. I'd love to join you Monday, we can survey the carnage together.

So Bill and I were up at lane 3 this morning to water the trees, the good news is they are doing well, some signs of 'sunburn' on a few of the plants, but considering the record heat we had, we're lucky they're still alive.
Faux 4th of July-9.jpg Faux 4th of July-12.jpg Faux 4th of July-10.jpg

The bad news; some low-life scum decided to steal 14 trees, not just pull them out to be mean, but actually dug them up and took them !!!!
Faux 4th of July-4.jpg Faux 4th of July-7.jpg

We did expect some to die, even expected some vandalism, and indeed it looks like one tree was chopped down, but I can say I didn't expect anyone would steal them. For some reason I'm more upset about that than the fact somebody was shooting clays on the hillside despite the signage. We will keep checking on them and watering them when we can, but I really don't know what to do about the theft.

I would still love to organize a clean up, but I haven't yet had any response from the group. So let's plan for Saturday July 17th, we'll meet at lane 3 by 9am and get as much done as we can. If you are interested in helping out that day, please let me know.

So Bill and I were up at lane 3 this morning to water the trees, the good news is they are doing well, some signs of 'sunburn' on a few of the plants, but considering the record heat we had, we're lucky they're still alive.
View attachment 986588View attachment 986590View attachment 986589

The bad news; some low-life scum decided to steal 14 trees, not just pull them out to be mean, but actually dug them up and took them !!!!
View attachment 986586View attachment 986587

We did expect some to die, even expected some vandalism, and indeed it looks like one tree was chopped down, but I can say I didn't expect anyone would steal them. For some reason I'm more upset about that than the fact somebody was shooting clays on the hillside despite the signage. We will keep checking on them and watering them when we can, but I really don't know what to do about the theft.

I would still love to organize a clean up, but I haven't yet had any response from the group. So let's plan for Saturday July 17th, we'll meet at lane 3 by 9am and get as much done as we can. If you are interested in helping out that day, please let me know.
Did you look over the edge and see if the dirt bags had played "discus" with them? Seems a little out there (maybe?) that someone would take them to plant for themselves.

Dirt bags.....

Did you look over the edge and see if the dirt bags had played "discus" with them? Seems a little out there (maybe?) that someone would take them to plant for themselves.

Dirt bags.....
Yes, we did but nothing there. It was obvious that they were stolen. Shovel marks in a nice round circle on most all of them.

I had counted 16 holes but might have doubled a couple.

Out of all the things I've seen and witnessed in these woods, that is a first and likely up there with the most random of things.

Seriously, that has to be intentional. Like someone that saw it here and took offense. Why the F else would someone steel planted stuff in the woods? Is their A market for stolen bushes/trees I don't know about? Seriously WTF.

We did see evidence of some shotgun shooting. I got there real early and picked up a few clay fragments and all the casings I could find, so people won't see it and think "If other people have done it, it must be okay".

7-5-21 Water and Graffiti 1.jpg

While @Cosimel watered, I went to cover up some graffiti from the jersey barriers at lanes 3 & 4 (1 & 2 were still good). I simply painted over with the same paint we used in the pattern. It will darken with the weather and dirt and blend in better soon.

Lane 3 (both sides tagged)

7-5-21 Water and Graffiti 2.jpg 7-5-21 Water and Graffiti 3.jpg

Lane 4 (both sides tagged)

Yeah, it really needs a clean up!

7-5-21 Water and Graffiti 10.jpg 7-5-21 Water and Graffiti 11.jpg

ODF is to supply the lumber and we need to supply the labor. We should plan these repairs along with the cleanup.

7-5-21 Water and Graffiti 12.jpg 7-5-21 Water and Graffiti 13.jpg

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top