JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We broke Scott's tractor!

I shouldn't have pressed the issue to try and pull out a stump from the sloped area. As Scott D. pulled and pried, both shafts of the hydraulic tilt mechanism bent out of shape. When trying opposite pressure to straighten them out, the right one broke! The front end was out of commission. Luckily, we were done with the front bucket work, and only had the tilling work left to do.

4-17-21 Tractor Break 1.jpg 4-17-21 Tractor Break 2.jpg

Reasonable 'general consensus' on the cost of new hydraulics is about $200 each. Can we chip in to help Scott buy a new pair?

Let's call it $500 and let him choose if he wants to replace them himself or pay a shop to repair. Either way doesn't matter, as long as we can help him cover some of the cost. He didn't have to volunteer his tractor or his time, but he did and I'm sure we all appreciate what he did for us and for the good of responsible shooting.

Here's a link to donate. Please add a note that your donation is for Tractor Repair. Thank you!

Trash No Land General Fund

We Broke @drewp 's Trailer!

Drewp delivered the trailer to my house in Washougal, from Forest Grove, so we could haul the water tank to Wolf Creek Lanes. Then, @S fitchell came from Aloha to pull it back to his house and fill it with water. He got to 75 gallons and a shock broke! He and drewp worked it out to return the trailer to Forest Grove, swap the water tank to drewp's big dump trailer, return to Aloha and fill it up for Sunday. It meant that S fitchell had to do a little modification to get the broken trailer to tow. It also meant that drewp needed to get his big trailer up to Wolf Creek right away on Saturday to unload the 8 cu yrds of wood chips!

With teamwork, those two guys pulled it off like nothing happened. The chips and water were there and no one knew the difference. They both went well out of their way to help this project happen. Thank you guys!

I'm not sure what the cost of the trailer repair is, but if you would like to help drewp with funds, please donate and make a note that it is for Trailer Repair. Thank you!

We broke Scott's tractor!

I shouldn't have pressed the issue to try and pull out a stump from the sloped area. As Scott D. pulled and pried, both shafts of the hydraulic tilt mechanism bent out of shape. When trying opposite pressure to straighten them out, the right one broke! The front end was out of commission. Luckily, we were done with the front bucket work, and only had the tilling work left to do.

Reasonable 'general consensus' on the cost of new hydraulics is about $200 each. Can we chip in to help Scott buy a new pair?

Let's call it $500 and let him choose if he wants to replace them himself or pay a shop to repair. Either way doesn't matter, as long as we can help him cover some of the cost. He didn't have to volunteer his tractor or his time, but he did and I'm sure we all appreciate what he did for us and for the good of responsible shooting.

Here's a link to donate. Please add a note that your donation is for Tractor Repair. Thank you!

We Broke @drewp 's Trailer!

Drewp delivered the trailer to my house in Washougal, from Forest Grove, so we could haul the water tank to Wolf Creek Lanes. Then, @S fitchell came from Aloha to pull it back to his house and fill it with water. He got to 75 gallons and a shock broke! He and drewp worked it out to return the trailer to Forest Grove, swap the water tank to drewp's big dump trailer, return to Aloha and fill it up for Sunday. It meant that S fitchell had to do a little modification to get the broken trailer to tow. It also meant that drewp needed to get his big trailer up to Wolf Creek right away on Saturday to unload the 8 cu yrds of wood chips!

With teamwork, those two guys pulled it off like nothing happened. The chips and water were there and no one knew the difference. They both went well out of their way to help this project happen. Thank you guys!

I'm not sure what the cost of the trailer repair is, but if you would like to help drewp with funds, please donate and make a note that it is for Trailer Repair. Thank you!

Oh, I almost forgot to mention I messed up my Lamborghini getting up to the Lanes Saturday morning and it's a total loss The cost to replace . . .

Ok, seriously, I can't thank @Scotch_Enfield enough for all of his help and enthusiasm for the project; indeed, without his hard work (and tractor) this project would simply not have turned out so increasingly well. I was also very happy to be able to introduce an old friend to the best group of people I know. He may regret having posted a photo of his 'new to him' John Deere on facebook, but I know we are all grateful he did. Helping him get it back to 'good as new' is the lease we can do, imho. With that said, time to use that link and make a donation!!!!

Last Edited:
Glad this all got done, and extra glad that we had bumper volunteer turnouts for both the cleanup and the safety project.

More so because i was unable to make the cleanup (own fault) and for some reason, stopped getting forum notifications for this thread and didn't see the calendar until too late :( :oops: sorry all, dropped the ball on these ones.

Anyway, looks like a lot has been accomplished in the posts i just caught up on from the last 2-3 weeks, nicely done everyone, thankyou!
That's the same thing happening to me, for some reason I haven't received a notification for this thread for almost a week. I don't know what's going on with this, but it's really not working for me. What is working is our efforts on the safety project, here are some of the photos I was able to get this weekend.

TNL Safety Project-4.jpg TNL Safety Project-6.jpg TNL Safety Project-8.jpg TNL Safety Project-14.jpg TNL Safety Project-20.jpg TNL Safety Project-37.jpg TNL Safety Project-60.jpg TNL Safety Project-74.jpg TNL Safety Project-81.jpg TNL Safety Project-82.jpg TNL Safety Project-83.jpg TNL Safety Project-96.jpg TNL Safety Project-100.jpg TNL Safety Project-106.jpg TNL Safety Project-108.jpg TNL Safety Project-119.jpg TNL Safety Project-132.jpg TNL Safety Project-139.jpg TNL Safety Project-140.jpg TNL Safety Project-143.jpg

We received a $100 donation to go toward the tractor repair! Thank you Steve!

My neighbor also promised $100 by tomorrow!

That will cover about half the parts! Sweet!

So the $200/per side aftermarket parts I saw while I was there were actually for cylinders for a grapple which are much smaller. I am hoping for someone with a hydraulic shop to repair and/or source some equivalent aftermarket parts at a discount. I appreciate any help I can get; however, I did break my own tractor which I am ultimately responsible for. The John Deere Dealership, Papè quoted $450/side if repairable and $700/side for factory replacement. I know there is a more reasonable option.

Cheers to all the good work that was done and all the great people who were participating and making it an enjoyable experience.

Scotch

So the $200/per side aftermarket parts I saw while I was there were actually for cylinders for a grapple which are much smaller. I am hoping for someone with a hydraulic shop to repair and/or source some equivalent aftermarket parts at a discount. I appreciate any help I can get; however, I did break my own tractor which I am ultimately responsible for. The John Deere Dealership, Papè quoted $450/side if repairable and $700/side for factory replacement. I know there is a more reasonable option.

Cheers to all the good work that was done and all the great people who were participating and making it an enjoyable experience.

Scotch
speichart enterprises near forest grove does hydraulic repairs for cheap...i use them for all my fabrication supplies and hydraulic lines

It was great to meet everyone, I had an awesome time helping out where I could, and really enjoyed planting. (Probably shouldn't have had so much to drink and stayed up so late the night before, but when the company and conversation are good...)

@Scotch_Enfield 's work looking good during sunrise, ready for planting
20210418_082956-01.jpeg

Learned a lot about planting thanks to Cogs' neighbor
20210418_103721-01.jpeg

@Cogs and the TNL truck with some winch action
20210418_151300-01.jpeg

And @Cosimel in action, taming the shot... and ready to take another kind of shot (Cogs mentioned the photographer often gets left out)
20210418_151835-01.jpeg

Looking forward to more events like this!

-Robert

So the upcoming forecast is looking like rain starting this Saturday and lasting at least three days. Don't know what to expect in terms of the amount or how much will end up at the site, but it's better than more dry and hot, at least for the plants, not so much for shooting. I've got a dozen gallon jugs of water loaded in my Subaru and will be up there tomorrow morning to water the larger trees as per George's recommendation. That should help them out until Saturday's rain.

I made it up to lane 3 this morning at about 7am and at first I thought somebody had messed with the site . . .

TNL Safety Project-1A.jpg TNL Safety Project-2A.jpg TNL Safety Project-3A.jpg

But nothing seemed to be disturbed, so my guess is that some deer must have ran through the area, so I repaired the tape, but I may need to pick up some more.

TNL Safety Project-4A.jpg

All that we planted looks quite alive and well :)

TNL Safety Project-5A.jpg TNL Safety Project-6A.jpg TNL Safety Project-7A.jpg

TNL Safety Project-1A.jpg

I made it up to lane 3 this morning at about 7am and at first I thought somebody had messed with the site . . .

View attachment 867432View attachment 867433View attachment 867434

But nothing seemed to be disturbed, so my guess is that some deer must have ran through the area, so I repaired the tape, but I may need to pick up some more.

View attachment 867435

All that we planted looks quite alive and well :)

View attachment 867436View attachment 867437View attachment 867438

View attachment 867428
Thanks for the report. Could have been that the stakes were weak and cracked because of hammering into the ground. I noticed the wind was really blowing the tape around. I see only 1 sign is left. Wind may have torn the other one off.

Figured out why I no longer had notifications for this thread. I think sometime after the upgrade it must have reset to unwatched. I clicked on watch and now I'm getting notifications for this thread.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top